Evolution question????

Evolution question????

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
04 Dec 11

Originally posted by googlefudge
Our brains evolved, like the rest of us, but the day to day operation of the brain is not described by evolution, but neuroscience.

so neither.
Thank God. Ugh, I mean thank goodness.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
04 Dec 11

Originally posted by Proper Knob
I thought you'd studied evolution 'all your life'? Surely you should know the answers already?!
The answer is ---- Evolution doesn't do a damn thing.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
04 Dec 11

The blunt answer is we're not quite sure yet, but it's being worked on. In the meantime you can explain to us how God did it, because there is no such thing as evolution right?

The stage is yours Galvo.
How could anyone do that? Do you think any of us are as intelligent as God?

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
04 Dec 11
1 edit

Originally posted by RJHinds
vacuously - we're all *more* intelligent!

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
04 Dec 11

Originally posted by wolfgang59
You are changing the question.

Originally posted by galveston75
[b]... as we're supposed to be the most advanced species on earth so they say?

Your problem is your anthropocentrism - there was a debate in the Science Forum about the most successful creatures on Earth. There were many candidates put forward. You should read it.

I thin ...[text shortened]... Probability or Algebra - it does however explain how we came about without resorting to magic.[/b]
Those Christians that you claim accept evolution have to change the
meaning of evolution so that they divide it up into what is called
miroevolution and macroevolution. They say they believe in the
microevolution, which is really no more than adaptation, etc. that
we had before the idea of evolution came along. They don't believe
in the macroevolution part of it, which is really what evoulution is
all about.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
05 Dec 11

No not at all. I was looking for some explination with proof of how this could just happen and no one has answered it yet.
thinks like that don't "just" happen. you have to look for similar, yet more simpler function in more primitive lifeforms and unless i'm mistaken, someone did point out earlier in this thread that such things do exist in more primitive forms.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
05 Dec 11

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
thinks like that don't "just" happen. you have to look for similar, yet more simpler function in more primitive lifeforms and unless i'm mistaken, someone did point out earlier in this thread that such things do exist in more primitive forms.
Yes they did, so how did these primative life forms get that ability?

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
05 Dec 11

Yes they did, so how did these primative life forms get that ability?
the main mechanism for acquiring it would be mutation.

a

Moves
05 Dec 11

I know the value of Pi to at least two digits. If me and God had a Pi contest, I'd clearly win.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
05 Dec 11
1 edit

Ok..lets keep this simple. Let's talk about the human brain and the huge gap between us and any other living being on this planet. If we had evolved from whatever, why is this gap so huge and yes it gets wider everyday as we learn more about the human brain.
But keeping it simple for you, explain how we have the conscienceness that we do as opposed to stand as we are not his equal with knowledge and never will be. You hate that answer I bet....
Don't know, i'm not a neuroscientist and i have yet to read books regarding that topic.

Also if Homo erectus and Homo neanderthalensis were still alive you wouldn't feel quite so special.

As for your god 'explanation', i don't 'hate' it. That's just being silly. What i find distasteful is your usual condescending high and mighty attitude, but as your answer shows, you have nothing. Zip, zilch.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Dec 11

Originally posted by amolv06
I know the value of Pi to at least two digits. If me and God had a Pi contest, I'd clearly win.
You idiot. 😀

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Dec 11

Don't know, i'm not a neuroscientist and i have yet to read books regarding that topic.

Also if Homo erectus and Homo neanderthalensis were still alive you wouldn't feel quite so special.

As for your god 'explanation', i don't 'hate' it. That's just being silly. What i find distasteful is your usual condescending high and mighty attitude, but as your answer shows, you have nothing. Zip, zilch.
If Homo erectus and Homo neanderthalensis were still alive we would all know
the truth that the theory of evolution is a lie.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
05 Dec 11

If Homo erectus and Homo neanderthalensis were still alive we would all know
the truth that the theory of evolution is a lie.
😴😴

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 Dec 11

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
Looking similar does not mean they are related, we have creatures today that
have similar looks that our not, so seeing a more primitive lifeform with
features that are not as complex as today does not automatically mean they
are at all related. Drawing that line to conect those dots is a matter of faith.
Kelly

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
05 Dec 11

It sounds like he wasn't too special or else he would still be here on earth don't you think?