1. Joined
    14 Jun '04
    Moves
    24 Jun '05 17:55
    Tell me honestly. Does it really matter if we evolved? Evolution is for those that deny there is a higher power. Evolution is too far fetched to be true, and should be thrown out.
  2. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    24 Jun '05 18:01
    Originally posted by Alpha10
    Tell me honestly. Does it really matter if we evolved? Evolution is for those that deny there is a higher power. Evolution is too far fetched to be true, and should be thrown out.
    and replace it with what? ,, Begat counting?
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    24 Jun '05 18:02
    🙄🙄
  4. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    24 Jun '05 18:06
    Your medieval religion is too far fetched to be true and should be thrown out. All the evidence points overwhelmingly toward evolution. If you'd quit burying your head in the sand, you'd see that.
  5. Joined
    14 Jun '04
    Moves
    24 Jun '05 18:101 edit
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Your medieval religion is too far fetched to be true and should be thrown out. All the evidence points overwhelmingly toward evolution. If you'd quit burying your head in the sand, you'd see that.
    Considering that I'm not religious at all, what religion would that be?

Overwhelmingly towards evolution, huh? Tell me, Rwingett, how does something as complicated as human beings evolve from bacteria? I guess you believe in the big bang theory too. The whole universe came from gases sparking and blowing up. And my religion is far fetched...
  6. Joined
    14 Jun '04
    Moves
    24 Jun '05 18:12
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    and replace it with what? ,, Begat counting?
    The point is, nobody is going to be able to prove that evolution or the big bang took place, because no one was there. You can look in the scientific direction all you want, but there will NEVER be an 100% sure answer.
  7. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    24 Jun '05 18:13
    Why do you say evolution is for those who deny there is a higher power?
  8. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    24 Jun '05 18:14

Overwhelmingly towards evolution, huh? Tell me, Rwingett, how does something as complicated as human beings evolve from bacteria? I guess you believe in the big bang theory too. The whole universe came from gases sparking and blowing up. And my religion is far fetched...
    uhm . . . what are you, a scientologist?

Perhaps a universal skeptic?

What do you think happened? Given the tremendous amount of thoughtful work put into evolutionary theory, how do you respond to the claims of hundreds of thousands of scientists who can demonstrate why evolution is not so far-fetched?
  9. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    24 Jun '05 18:15
    goo.

Evolution is for those that deny there is a higher power.

wrong. evolution either is and is for everyone or it is not and is for no one.

Evolution is too far fetched to be true, and should be thrown out.

from what i can tell there is far more evidence for evolution than there is for the existence of any creator.
  10. Joined
    14 Jun '04
    Moves
    24 Jun '05 18:19
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    goo.

[b]Evolution is for those that deny there is a higher power.

wrong. evolution either is and is for everyone or it is not and is for no one.

Evolution is too far fetched to be true, and should be thrown out.

from what i can tell there is far more evidence for evolution than there is for the existence of any creator.[/b]
    I agree with you on some things. My skepticism comes from the fact that, the bacteria that evolved had to come from somewhere. Did they evolve from something else? If so, where did the previous come from. If there is a higher power, where did it originate?
  11. Joined
    14 Jun '04
    Moves
    24 Jun '05 18:202 edits
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Why do you say evolution is for those who deny there is a higher power?
    Correct me if I'm wrong Kirk, but doesn't the Bible say God created man in his image?
  12. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    24 Jun '05 18:26
    Correct me if I'm wrong Kirk, but doesn't the Bible say God created man in his image?
    Indeed it does. The Bible uses language and thoughts that are consistent with the times they were written in. Does this mean that it lacks value or truth. Not necessarily. Today we use language and thoughts that are very different, yet most interestingly the themes are the same. I personally find nothing incongruent or offensive with finding or having a theology that is able to use evolution and other scientific concepts in ways that provide meaning and purpose to the human condition in relationship to God or a Higher Power.
  13. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    24 Jun '05 18:28

Maybe you're not religious. How should I know? But I do know that you're a freakin' idiot. It pains me to acknowledge that we come from the same species.
  14. Joined
    14 Jun '04
    Moves
    24 Jun '05 18:292 edits
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Indeed it does. The Bible uses language and thoughts that are consistent with the times they were written in. Does this mean that it lacks value or truth. Not necessarily. Today we use language and thoughts that are very different, ye ...[text shortened]... e to the human condition in relationship to God or a Higher Power.
    I don't bash anyones religion. Christianity is the one I most agree with. What burns me about Christianity is all the contradictions in the Bible.
  15. Joined
    14 Jun '04
    Moves
    24 Jun '05 18:30

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree