1. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    07 Oct '10 22:04
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    perhaps if you guys addressed Vishys concerns rather than the now obligatory ad hominen attacks your statements would have more credibility, simply to state that he is dishonest, rude, unapologetic, crazy, talks nonsense, etc etc is not helping your case much!
    Get with the program Rob for goodness sake. Where have you been for the last few weeks?

People have tried reasoning with him, he just ends up calling them names and telling them he doesn't want to talk to anymore because they have a 'fault finding attitude'. In short he is right, we are wrong and anybody who tries to question him is dishonest. I'm not sure what he expects to get out of posting in this forum.
  2. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    07 Oct '10 22:16
    perhaps if you guys addressed Vishys concerns rather than the now obligatory ad hominen attacks your statements would have more credibility, simply to state that he is dishonest, rude, unapologetic, crazy, talks nonsense, etc etc is not helping your case much!
    Robbie carrobie...I have met vishvahetu on these boards many times with civility and careful enquiry; he never responds in kind.

Also I didn't actually hit with an ad-hominem; for example, I didn't simply utter "dumb ass", I didn't call him stupid, I didn't call him a child abuser, infact I'm pretty sure if I were to trawl through the crap he's smeared on the boards for the last month or so I'd find many insults he has levelled at us for which we didn't respond in kind. I made the statement (in so many words) that what passes for 'real' science and honesty in *his* books, given the number of times he has taken up the opportunity to show us, is utterly ridiculous.

Now of course I don't blame you for jumping in to his aid, good old 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend' and all...especially since you've taken a fair old hammering these past few weeks! It does surprise me however that you aren't so discerning when it comes to finding allies. This guy is a joke; and yeah, as much as one can dislike a forum stranger I dislike vishvahetu. I don't respect his opinions, I don't respect his arguments, I don't respect his conduct, I don't respect his integrity, I don't respect his forum personality, and I don't respect his intellect.
  3. Joined
    30 May '09
    Moves
    07 Oct '10 22:22
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Robbie carrobie...I have met vishvahetu on these boards many times with civility and careful enquiry; he never responds in kind.

Also I didn't actually hit with an ad-hominem; for example, I didn't simply utter "dumb ass", I didn't call him stupid, I didn't call him a child abuser, infact I'm pretty sure if I were to trawl through the crap he's smeared on t ...[text shortened]... I don't respect his forum personality, and I don't respect his intellect.
    He's probably quite nice when you get to know him.
  4. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    07 Oct '10 22:34
    Originally posted by Lord Shark
    He's probably quite nice when you get to know him.
    Aye...there's probably a god too!
  5. Joined
    30 May '09
    Moves
    07 Oct '10 22:44
    Aye...there's probably a god too!
    Steady on...
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Oct '10 07:10
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Get with the program Rob for goodness sake. Where have you been for the last few weeks?

People have tried reasoning with him, he just ends up calling them names and telling them he doesn't want to talk to anymore because they have a 'fault finding attitude'. In short he is right, we are wrong and anybody who tries to question him is dishonest. I'm not sure what he expects to get out of posting in this forum.
    ouch!
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Oct '10 07:171 edit

Also I didn't actually hit with an ad-hominem; for example, I didn't simply utter "dumb ass", I didn't call him stupid, I didn't call him a child abuser, infact I'm pretty sure if I were to trawl through the crap he's smeared on t I don't respect his forum personality, and I don't respect his intellect.
    taken a hammering? my good fellow i have been crusading through the forum, making friends and smiting enemies until the entrails of their posts reached clear up to the bridle of my sturdy steed! and look, I plan to baptise the native atheists in the name of the Father, wish me well! make haste! on to Constantinople and Jerusalem!
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    08 Oct '10 07:291 edit
    taken a hammering? my good fellow i have been crusading through the forum, making friends and smiting enemies until the entrails of their posts reached clear up to the bridle of my sturdy steed! and look, I plan to baptise the native atheists in the name of the Father, wish me well! make haste! on to Constantinople and Jerusalem!
    You're a christian. Vishvahetu hates you. He hates all christians. He said it himself!
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Oct '10 07:342 edits
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    You're a christian. Vishvahetu hates you. He hates all christians. He said it himself!
    Yes, but that is no reason why i should hate him. Indeed a Christian is under duress to love even his enemies. Too much emphasis is placed on personal attacks, i do not deny that Vishy may also be guilty, in fact he termed me a foolish man, well i think thats true! but it takes time to acclimatise to the rigours of the forum, plus he showed enough humility to apologise, did he not? We should be patient 🙂
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    08 Oct '10 07:451 edit
    Yes, but that is no reason why i should hate him. Indeed a Christian is under duress to love even his enemies. Too much emphasis is placed on personal attacks, i do not deny that Vishy may also be guilty, in fact he termed me a foolish man, well i think thats true! but it takes time to acclimatise to the rigours of the forum, plus he showed enough humility to apologise, did he not? We should be patient 🙂
    He did apologize, he actually did that. A while after he went on in the same track as before. An apology worth nothing.
    So what he shows himself as, he really is. An agressive bastard you wouldn't meet in a dark alley.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Oct '10 07:53
    He did apologize, he actually did that. A while after he went on in the same track as before. An apology worth nothing.
    So what he shows himself as, he really is. An agressive bastard you wouldn't meet in a dark alley.
    what can i say Fabian, we must try to ascertain the underlying reasons why such and such a course is taken. When i first came to the forum, atheists were my mortal enemies now i respect them and even like them for they are generally very sincere. Perhaps Vishy will also have his rough edges polished off 🙂
  12. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    08 Oct '10 08:091 edit
    what can i say Fabian, we must try to ascertain the underlying reasons why such and such a course is taken. When i first came to the forum, atheists were my mortal enemies now i respect them and even like them for they are generally very sincere. Perhaps Vishy will also have his rough edges polished off 🙂
    Then we have to wait. Perhaps his next apology is indeed sincere. I doubt it.
    For me any apology is unneccesary. Act as you honour it and an apology is not needed.
  13. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    08 Oct '10 08:32
    Then we have to wait. Perhaps his next apology is indeed sincere. I doubt it.
    For me any apology is unneccesary. Act as you honour it and an apology is not needed.
    I personally think an apology is still necessary, as it does acknowledge that the person is aware that he/she screwed up and will make an effort to rectify things.

However, as you said, an apology is empty if nothing is done about it. It isn't something that should be used to absolve responsibility.
  14. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    08 Oct '10 08:41
    Originally posted by lausey
    I personally think an apology is still necessary, as it does acknowledge that the person is aware that he/she screwed up and will make an effort to rectify things.

However, as you said, an apology is empty if nothing is done about it. It isn't something that should be used to absolve responsibility.
    I think a hundred Pater Noster and a few Ave Maria on top will absolve him just fine.
  15. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    08 Oct '10 18:20
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    I dont know why I bother to answer you Andrew, because you are a dishonest man, but....one more time.

The evolution therory has been proven to be false and fabricated, by "Forbidden Archeology"..... and the negative responce to that book, by the dishonest critics, has been sqashed, in another book called "Forbidden Archeology the Impact"

Thousands o ...[text shortened]... our buddys, labelled as dishonest men.

Now you know, so we wont have this talk again, OK.
    “...The evolution therory has been proven to be false and fabricated, by "Forbidden Archeology". ...”

No; because if it was dis-proven then it would not still be part of science because that is the way science works.

“...Now, why havent you read these books? ...”

Answer; because I don't want to waste my life reading vast load of religious propaganda crap when I could read about real science 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree