Evil Dasa

Evil Dasa

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ro

Moves
05 Apr 16

Originally posted by Dasa
Why do you lie in this forum.

I hate no one.

Where have I said I hate someone.

It is you who has hate on the mind.

You have said this before,

Show me the hate speech.

You cannot because you lie.
Hate speech, outside the law, is speech that attacks a person or group on the basis of attributes such as gender, ethnic origin, religion, race, disability, or sexual orientation.

In law, hate speech is any speech, gesture or conduct, writing, or display which is forbidden because it may incite violence or prejudicial action against or by a protected individual or group, or because it disparages or intimidates a protected individual or group. The law may identify a protected group by certain characteristics.

In what way do you not meet these criteria?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
05 Apr 16

Googlesmooogle has called me evil.

He has done this because I want to round up all the murdering and raping and torturing Muslims and through capital punishment execute them.

Can googlesmoooogle tell me why a person is evil, if they want to remove vile murdering scum from society through the legal system of capital punishment.
So.............

Moves
05 Apr 16
2 edits

Why are you not discussing spirituality with me?
Firstly because you know absolutely nothing about the subject, secondly you are hateful, boring and repetitve and thirdly because I don't like you and probably wouldn't bother crossing the road to urinate on your head if your hair was on fire.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
05 Apr 16

Why do you want to discuss genocide?

I do not.

I want to discuss the difference of true religion and false religion

Lets discuss .....you first.
Sure, okay. Why do the Vedas allow cruelty to horses, but not cows?

Is this how true religion is differentiated?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Apr 16
1 edit

Here's the problem. How can an Atheist condemn Dasa's ideas as evil in a wholly Atheistic materialist world ? I think the Atheist has to smuggle in moral absolutes from a theistic worldview in order to make a judgment about what Dasa ought not do.

Is his speech absolutely evil because you don't like it?

Is his speech absolutely evil because there are bad atoms in the chemical reactions going on in the grey matter of his brain?

Is his speak absolutely evil because some consensus of people (at the moment) agree that it doesn't agree with the majority ?

Some of the atheists are making strong denouncements of the evil of his talk.
I don't see how they can pronounce his actions absolutely evil without smuggling in absolutes from a theistic reality where an ultimate goodness exists.

Cape Town

Moves
05 Apr 16

Originally posted by sonship
Here's the problem. How can an Atheist condemn Dasa's ideas as evil in a wholly Atheistic materialist world ? I think the Atheist has to smuggle in moral absolutes from a theistic worldview in order to make a judgment about what Dasa ought not do.
Here's the problem. How can a theist condemn Dasa's ideas as evil in a wholly Theistic materialist world ?
Is his speech absolutely evil because God doesn't like it?
Is his speech absolutely evil because there are bad angels in the soul reactions going on in the grey matter of his brain?
Is his speak absolutely evil because some consensus of people (at the moment) agree that it doesn't agree with the authority ?
Some of the theists are making strong denouncements of the evil of his talk.
I don't see how they can pronounce his actions absolutely evil without smuggling in ideas from an atheistic reality where no god exists.

Sorry sonship, but it really is all up to you to support your claims. Care to start a thread on the topic?
Hint: God doesn't solve the question of why we should do things. Introducing God merely pulls the wool over the eyes of willing theists that don't want to see. Evolution on the other hand can explain very accurately why we feel compelled to behave in certain ways and why we encourage others to behave in certain ways - something that theism utterly fails to do.

Moves
05 Apr 16

Is his speech absolutely evil because there ...[text shortened]... y evil without smuggling in absolutes from a theistic reality where an ultimate goodness exists.
This brings us back to the WLC argument, which is a discussion I am actually interested in having, before Dasa derailed the entire forum.

I can't remember which thread that was in now.

As twhitehead says, probably best to start a new thread on the topic.
[the topic being secular morality vs theistic morality]

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
05 Apr 16

Is his speech absolutely evil because there ...[text shortened]... y evil without smuggling in absolutes from a theistic reality where an ultimate goodness exists.
I don't believe the ultimate goodness resides in God. If it exists at all, it resides in human beings. It is this notion of the divine which clouds the reality in the mind of men.

God does man a disservice if he dis-empowers him to autonomously recognise evil when he encounters it, using only the mortal tools of reason and empathy.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
05 Apr 16

Its my duty to report false posting.

Are you a supporter of false postings, why.
"Its my duty to report false posting."

So you're the self proclaimed forum police? Haven't you noticed that virtually all posters think everyone is posting false posts? Nobody has it perfect.

"Are you a supporter of false postings, why."

Silly question. Who supports false postings? Nobody wants to be wrong. Simple logic. But not everyone understands logic, nor can they think logically. False beliefs makes a confused mind that thinks it's right all the time.

Except for me of course. I have it all figured out! 😉

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
05 Apr 16

Originally posted by twhitehead
Here's the problem. How can a theist condemn Dasa's ideas as evil in a wholly Theistic materialist world ?
Is his speech absolutely evil because God doesn't like it?
Is his speech absolutely evil because there are bad angels in the soul reactions going on in the grey matter of his brain?
Is his speak absolutely evil because some consensus of people ...[text shortened]... d why we encourage others to behave in certain ways - something that theism utterly fails to do.
Except for the part that men strive to build a logic system based on what they THINK a deity would do in situation X or Y. That is the long and short of it.

WE are building the notion of a deity not the other way round.

Ro

Moves
05 Apr 16
1 edit

Here's the problem.

I bet there isn't one.

How can an Atheist condemn Dasa's ideas as evil in a wholly Atheistic materialist world?

Easy. We just did it. And we are right.

I think the Atheist has to smuggle in moral absolutes from a theistic worldview in order to make a judgment about what Dasa ought not do.

No. It's easy to spot that this is not true, because we didn't. As many of us think that god, as envisaged by some, is also evil, it would also be a pretty stupid thing to do.

No. And no-one said his speech was absolutely evil. Whatever he said, I could come up with worse with a few seconds thought. Like the idea of sending someone to hell to be tortured for all eternity. That is the nearest to absolute evil I can think of.

Is his speak absolutely evil because some consensus of people (at the moment) agree that it doesn't agree with the majority.

No (and ditto).

Some of the atheists are making strong denouncements of the evil of his talk.

Yes, and it is noticeable that we are doing it a lot more than most Christians around here (divegeester excepted).

I don't see how they can pronounce his actions absolutely evil without smuggling in absolutes from a theistic reality where an ultimate goodness exists.

See above. You may need a book to tell you that killing and locking up people simply for believing something different to you is evil, but we don't.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
05 Apr 16

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
I don't believe the ultimate goodness resides in God. If it exists at all, it resides in human beings. It is this notion of the divine which clouds the reality in the mind of men.

God does man a disservice if he dis-empowers him to autonomously recognise evil when he encounters it, using only the mortal tools of reason and empathy.
"I don't believe the ultimate goodness resides in God. If it exists at all, it resides in human beings. It is this notion of the divine which clouds the reality in the mind of men."

Not logical. If you don't know whether "ultimate goodness" exists, then you can't know where it exists, whether in God or man. And you would necessarily need to know whether or not God exists to know that the notion of God clouds the mind.

"God does man a disservice if he dis-empowers him to autonomously recognise evil when he encounters it, using only the mortal tools of reason and empathy."

Again, by making this kind of judgement about the character of God requires certain specific knowledge of God. All that's required to know the difference between good and evil is a clear conscience. God made us with a conscience. No disservice by God to man. Not even remotely.

Moves
05 Apr 16

Why do you want to discuss genocide?

I do not.

I want to discuss the difference of true religion and false religion

Lets discuss .....you first.
Okay, I'll go first - As there is no proof of a spiritual world I consider all religions to be equally false.

Your turn.

Moves
05 Apr 16

Its easy to explain and im pretty sure many have done so on this forum in the past. Either you are willfully ignoring what you have been told in the past or you have Alzheimer's, or some other memory related problem.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
05 Apr 16

Originally posted by josephw
[b]"I don't believe the ultimate goodness resides in God. If it exists at all, it resides in human beings. It is this notion of the divine which clouds the reality in the mind of men."

Not logical. If you don't know whether "ultimate goodness" exists, then you can't know where it exists, whether in God or man. And you would necessarily need to know wh ...[text shortened]... clear conscience. God made us with a conscience. No disservice by God to man. Not even remotely.[/b]
'If' it exists, it exists in man. After all, as we all agree, man created God. 😲

God did not make us 'with' a conscience. We (human beings that is) constructed the idea of God 'out of' our conscience. God represents the ultimate goodness which humanity has simply projected onto a superior being of its own creation. Logically therefore, the ultimate goodness has its origin in man.