Everything from nothing

Everything from nothing

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
22 Aug 15

Originally posted by C Hess
I'm far from a physicist, but I don't think anyone is arguing that everything came from an absolute nothing (except believers in creation ex nihilo by a god). My argument is merely a could be, not backed by anything other than the fact that energy exists, matter is made from it, and you can't seem to create or destroy it. It doesn't appear impossible to me th ...[text shortened]... xplanation since there's only one assumption here: that energy alone can give rise to universes.
Well than language needs to be cleaned up, if they are not arguing that everything came
from nothing, they need to be clearer. Very difficult to say everything came from nothing
and then realize it isn't really nothing. You may as well just say the universe is eternal
and stop suggesting there is an age we can apply to it. It also tells me there is nothing
that people have outside of God that can explain where everything came from, might as
well say the entire universe is evidence God is real.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
22 Aug 15

I guess he has yet to call on me. Well, there are billions of people trampling around, after all. I'm sure he'll get around to calling me.

🙂

Eventually?

Right?

😕

Uhm, god? Hello? You there? Oh, right, I don't call him, he calls me. I hope he's not just telling you that, with no intention of ever calling me.

😠
Those who seek Him will find Him, those that screw around with Him I doubt ever will.
They may end up being those that claimed they knew Him once and now realize He was
never really in their lives at all.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
22 Aug 15
1 edit

Originally posted by moonbus
Why do we have to show you how the universe got started? It’s Christians who have a need for it to have had a beginning because that is part of their God-concept. The claim that God created everything ex nihilo cannot be empirically tested, neither falsified nor verified, because all the 'evidence' you can point to is inside the universe ...[text shortened]... tians evidently can't.

“Goddidit” leaves a bigger mystery than the one it allegedly explains.
If someone wants to say we have no evidence for the God and the opening line of
scripture that says God created everything and those things we see around us are laid
out are actually doing what God said, the heavens and earth are here, the stars are
seen, the animals are not mating across kinds but giving birth after their own kinds. If that
is all true, and no one can come up with another reason for everything to be here for over
thousands of years, I'd say they are looking evidence in the face simply ignoring it.

K

Germany

Moves
22 Aug 15

Originally posted by KellyJay
Well than language needs to be cleaned up, if they are not arguing that everything came
from nothing, they need to be clearer. Very difficult to say everything came from nothing
and then realize it isn't really nothing. You may as well just say the universe is eternal
and stop suggesting there is an age we can apply to it. It also tells me there is nothi ...[text shortened]... lain where everything came from, might as
Every physicist knows that the Big Bang theory doesn't say "everything" came from "nothing." Perhaps the problem is not their clarity, but who you have been listening to?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
22 Aug 15

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
Every physicist knows that the Big Bang theory doesn't say "everything" came from "nothing." Perhaps the problem is not their clarity, but who you have been listening to?
My question where did "everything" come from does not come from a physicist, it is my
question, I don't need a physicist to wonder about reality, we can ask our own questions.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
22 Aug 15

I know the Big Bang does not answer the question where everything comes from, if you
agree that the singularity is what at the heart of the Big Bang, than the question remains
unanswered, because where did the singularity come from let alone where was it.

Moves
22 Aug 15

and stop suggesting there is an age we can apply to it. It also tells me there is nothi ...[text shortened]... lain where everything came from, might as
It's still very much an open question what caused the big bang, if anything. I'm merely sharing my personal, not to be taken too seriously, thoughts on the subject. I've heard people more knowledgable than me discuss whether or not it even makes sense to talk about a before the big bang, as time itself began at that moment. I'd be lying if I said I could grasp that idea. To my mind, the only thing that makes sense is that energy is endless in space and time, and that our universe (along with countless others) was generated by common physical processes (and floats around) in that endless sea of time and energy.

But I'm probably dead wrong about that. 😕

K

Germany

Moves
22 Aug 15

It's still very much an open question what caused the big bang, if anything. I'm merely sharing my personal, not to be taken too seriously, thoughts on the subject. I've heard people more knowledgable than me discuss whether or not it even makes sense to talk about a before the big bang, as time itself began at that moment. I'd be lying if I said I could gras ...[text shortened]... s around) in that endless sea of time and energy.

I'm not sure what an endless sea of time and energy is, but according to our current understanding of the Universe it is not infinite.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
22 Aug 15

It's still very much an open question what caused the big bang, if anything. I'm merely sharing my personal, not to be taken too seriously, thoughts on the subject. I've heard people more knowledgable than me discuss whether or not it even makes sense to talk about a before the big bang, as time itself began at that moment. I'd be lying if I said I could gras ...[text shortened]... s around) in that endless sea of time and energy.

That does not alter the question it makes it even more difficult in my opinion, if there were
no time before the Big Bang what changed, what could change? You cannot have moments
where things never occur then they do without something happening, and why would it
on its own?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
22 Aug 15

I'm not sure what an endless sea of time and energy is, but according to our current understanding of the Universe it is not infinite.
Sounds rather poetic though. 🙂

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
22 Aug 15

I'll give you this you gave me a complete hearing on this matter, I don't think I can add
anything to this discussion now beyond repeating myself.

Moves
22 Aug 15

I know. My mind is too puny to imagine no before the big bang. It also won't allow me to believe that something even more complex than our universe exists outside our universe, so I imagine a sea of time and energy instead (outside our universe). It's like a version of multiverse. 😏

Did I mention that you shouldn't take me too seriously on this topic?

Moves
22 Aug 15

Sounds rather poetic though. 🙂
😀

Me's a poet! 😀

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
22 Aug 15
1 edit

Originally posted by twhitehead
I agree. Its interesting that nobody believes that yet you thought it worthwhile to mention it.
Agree with what? I was merely illustrating the absurdity of talking about 'fairies'. You and I both know what you meant by that so there is no reason for being coy. Attempting to demean what I believe by comparing God to a fairy, or to Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny is what it is...argument from incredulity. If this is what it takes to support a something from nothing argument then you have (in effect) conceded the argument.

Moves
22 Aug 15

Real physics and physicists say that it is theoretically possible that everything did
indeed come from absolute and total nothing.

Whether that is what actually happened... nobody knows.