eternity - a clarification

eternity - a clarification

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
05 May 06

Originally posted by scottishinnz
Finally, some sense!

irrational. That's exactly what it is! "Rational" is simply a synonym for 'logical'. The start of the universe doesn't require to follow the rules of logic, since it was the beginning of everything, even the rules, such as time, which are pre-requisites for logic.
We don't know that the start of the universe was the beginning of everything , we just know it was the beginning of the known universe. Infact I don't believe in the 'beginning of everything' because that implies a state or 'time' of nothingness or non-existence. Non -existence gives rise to ,...well..., non-existence. If there really was nothing at some point then nothing would have ever happened. There's nothing 'there' to get things going.

Anyway , it's not the time part that makes me feel this self evidently to be true but the causality bit. The 'logic of causality' , which is implied by your statement about matter and energy , may well continue beyond the known universe.