Eternal Existence

Eternal Existence

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
05 Oct 09
2 edits

What a grim prospect!...to exist for an infinite period of time, where, for all times spent in that place you allegedy live out the rest of eternity, you have experienced not even the smallest conceivable fraction of the time left to endure.

The point when the only things new which remain to be done shall be comprised of mostly the incrementing of the count for things you have thus far 'done to death'; and the interval of time it took to reach this painful landmark shall be followed by an infinite number of infinitely larger intervals to really hammer home the point that you're bored!!!

I'll take eternal non-existence thankyou very much 😉

d

Moves
05 Oct 09

Originally posted by Agerg
What a grim prospect!...to exist for an infinite period of time, where, for all times spent in that place you allegedy live out the rest of eternity, you have experienced not even the smallest conceivable fraction of the time left to endure.

The point when the only things new which remain to be done shall be comprised of mostly the incrementing of the coun ...[text shortened]... point that you're bored!!!

I'll take eternal [b]non-
existence thankyou very much 😉[/b]
It's not your choice.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
05 Oct 09
3 edits

Originally posted by daniel58
It's not your choice.
Not that this is an avenue of discussion I wanted to go down but if memory serves me correctly, certain interpretations of scripture would imply that the action of denying God (or whatever else it would be called in a myriad of different belief sets) may preclude one's eligibility for eternal life.

Furthermore my point was that this fate, even if it is to be true for us all, doesn't seem particularly virtuous

d

Moves
05 Oct 09

Not that this is an avenue of discussion I wanted to go down but if memory serves me correctly, certain interpretations of scripture would imply that the action of denying God (or whatever else it would be called in a myriad of different belief sets) may preclude one's eligibility for eternal life.
I'm not saying Heaven, I'm saying existence.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
05 Oct 09
2 edits

I'm not saying Heaven, I'm saying existence.
From which I should infer eternal torture elsewhere?

(note the failure here of mine to mention hell; since as I hinted at with my OP, I regard an eternal life in heaven as torture)

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
05 Oct 09

The point when the only things new which remain to be done shall be comprised of mostly the incrementing of the coun ...[text shortened]... point that you're bored!!!

I'll take eternal [b]non-
existence thankyou very much 😉[/b]
What a sad and unappreciative way to view life.

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
05 Oct 09

It's not your choice.
Not yours either daniel. We're all going to be worm food at some point.

Moves
05 Oct 09

Originally posted by galveston75
What a sad and unappreciative way to view life.
How sad it is not to realize that this very moment is the greatest gift in the universe. How greedy and small it is to ignore it in the hope of something better to come.

d

Moves
05 Oct 09

Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
Not yours either daniel. We're all going to be worm food at some point.
I didn't say it was mine, but we will last forever either in Heaven or Hell, that's your choice though.

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
05 Oct 09

I didn't say it was mine, but we will last forever either in Heaven or Hell, that's your choice though.
There's no such thing as heaven or hell. Only nothingness will greet you at the end of life. You can wrap that security blanket around you if you want, but, I prefer to leave such make believe behind with childhood.

d

Moves
05 Oct 09

There's no such thing as heaven or hell. Only nothingness will greet you at the end of life. You can wrap that security blanket around you if you want, but, I prefer to leave such make believe behind with childhood.
So you don't Believe in Justice?

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
05 Oct 09

So you don't Believe in Justice?
That's not what I said. Justice is irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

Why do you keep capitalizing "Believe"?

d

Moves
05 Oct 09
1 edit

That's not what I said. Justice is irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

Why do you keep capitalizing "Believe"?
Why so good people won't get rewarded and bad people won't get punished?

Well you're a non-believer.

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
05 Oct 09

Why so good people won't get rewarded and bad people won't get punished?

Well you're a non-believer.
This is marginally coherent at best. Please explain yourself.

d

Moves
05 Oct 09

This is marginally coherent at best. Please explain yourself.
My point is what's the point of "Good and bad" if there's no Reward and punishment?