Encouragement for Lucifershammer

Encouragement for Lucifershammer

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
17 May 06
2 edits

According to the most recent issue of Time magazine, some Catholics in India plan to protest the Da Vinci Code movie if their government does not ban the movie. Their protest will take the form of fasting, starving to death if necessary, until the movie is banned.

Please join me in offering lucifershammer encouragement and support in this endeavor.

C
Ego-Trip in Progress

Phoenix, AZ

Moves
17 May 06

If people are willing to die for a fiction it seems only logical to conclude these same individuals would be willing to die for a fiction of a fiction.

I say more power to them.

-JC

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
17 May 06

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
According to the most recent issue of Time magazine, some Catholics in India plan to protest the Da Vinci Code movie if their government does not ban the movie. Their protest will take the form of fasting, starving to death if necessary, until the movie is banned.

Please join me in offering lucifershammer encouragement and support in this endeavor.
They won't die. The holy spirit will supply them with spiritual nourishment.

C

EDMONTON ALBERTA

Moves
17 May 06

They must think that freedom of thought is a dastardly evil thing...

l

London

Moves
18 May 06

Originally posted by ChessJester
They must think that freedom of thought is a dastardly evil thing...
No - but we do think that freedom of expression is not absolute.

R
Track drifter ®

Hoopnholler, MN

Moves
18 May 06

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles

Ya know, if you really wanted to support him you could do a sympathy hunger strike to the death....That would be schweeeeeet.
Let me know how it turns out.

Just a thought.

RTh

h

Cosmos

Moves
18 May 06

Originally posted by lucifershammer
Yeah, we know all about your support of the Catholic Church's use of torture to suppress expressions such as the fact that the sun does not revolve around the Earth!

h

Cosmos

Moves
18 May 06

Originally posted by Ringtailhunter
Ya know, if you really wanted to support him you could do a sympathy hunger strike to the death....That would be schweeeeeet.
Let me know how it turns out.

Just a thought.

RTh
"Just a thought"

Yes, and an unoriginal, unimaginative one at that.

Go back to sleep.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
18 May 06

How unabsolute do you imagine a freedom can be?

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
18 May 06

Originally posted by no1marauder
When it infringes on another freedom. Absolute freedom is an oxymoron.

l

London

Moves
18 May 06

Originally posted by howardgee
Yeah, we know all about your support of the Catholic Church's use of torture to suppress expressions such as the fact that the sun does not revolve around the Earth!
Really? That's strange - even I didn't know I supported that.

Wow, you are good!

l

London

Moves
18 May 06

Originally posted by no1marauder
What's the old adage? Your freedom ends where my nose begins.

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
18 May 06

What's the old adage? Your freedom ends where my nose begins.
That adage cuts both ways.

You have the freedom not to go view the Da Vinci Code in theatres. You have the freedom not to buy it on DVD. You have the freedom to boycott in whatever crazy manner you wish. What you do not have the freedom to do is to stop other people from watching it if they so wish.

l

London

Moves
18 May 06

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
That adage cuts both ways.

You have the freedom not to go view the Da Vinci Code in theatres. You have the freedom not to buy it on DVD. You have the freedom to boycott in whatever crazy manner you wish. What you do not have the freedom to do is to stop other people from watching it if they so wish.
Under ideal circumstances, I agree. But these are not ideal circumstances - India is a country very sensitive to religious topics and religious minorities like Christians face violence almost on a daily basis. The Government has a right to decide if a particular film like the DVC could contribute to it. I don't think it will - but I'm not "on the field" in India.

FWIW, the film has been cleared for viewing in India with a disclaimer:
http://ww1.mid-day.com/news/city/2006/may/137511.htm

I expect it will be a moderate hit in urban regions, but rural audiences will get turned off by all the lecturing and references to arcane European secret societies that no one really cares about.

o
Paralysed analyst

On a ship of fools

Moves
18 May 06

Really? That's strange - even I didn't know I supported that.

Wow, you are good!
howardgee knows all.

howardgee is perfect.

howardgee is GOD.