1. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Dec '11 00:491 edit
    Here is a most interesting site on some of the totally shocking ways that the WatchTower Organisation attempts to control the activities of their members .. they even have rules about masturbation [apparently it leads to homosexuality] and oral sex between husband and wife [apparently its the wrong use of the woman]... hilarious 😀

Here is what they say about education..

http://www.quotes-watchtower.co.uk/education.html

The Watchtower Society doesn’t mix its words when they are discouraging kids away from further education. Such phrases as “you will never fulfill any career that this system offers” or “Do not let them "brainwash" you with the Devil's propaganda” are clearly suggesting that education is a bad thing. Instead the Watchtower encourages young people to “get into the full time field service as quickly as possible” or “Make pioneer service, the full-time ministry or the Bethel your goal”.

As the Watchtower believes Armageddon is very near they teach that there is no point to higher education, in fact, it’s worthless. Unfortunately the Watchtower have been saying its the end of the world for the past 100 years, and most of the young Witnesses struggle to find good and fulfilling jobs due to missing out on higher education. Any one for window cleaner?

Watchtower 1969 March 15 p.171 What Influences Decisions in Your Life?

The influence and spirit of this world is to get ahead, to make a name for oneself. Many schools now have student counselors who encourage one to pursue higher education after high school, to pursue a career with a future in this system of things. Do not be influenced by them. Do not let them "brainwash" you with the Devil's propaganda to get ahead, to make something of yourself in this world. This world has very little time left! Any "future" this world offers is no future! Wisely, then, let God's Word influence you in selecting a course that will result in your protection and blessing. Make pioneer service, the full-time ministry, with the possibility of Bethel or missionary service your goal. This is a life that offers an everlasting future!

Watchtower 1st September 1975 p543

No Jehovah's Witness should want to go to college. Rather, work in the Watchtower Organization!
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 Dec '11 00:59
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Here is a most interesting site on some of the totally shocking ways that the WatchTower Organisation attempts to control the activities of their members .. they even have rules about masturbation [apparently it leads to homosexuality] and oral sex between husband and wife [apparently its the wrong use of the woman]... hilarious 😀

Here is what they sa ...[text shortened]... Witness should want to go to college. Rather, work in the Watchtower Organization![/i]
    Robbie, you must have an answer ready.....
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Dec '11 01:181 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Robbie, you must have an answer ready.....
    nah, i dont read his posts , hes never had an original thought in his life, all he can do is
    tear down other peoples faith, i challenge you to find anything he has ever stated of an
    encouraging nature to anyone.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Dec '11 03:08
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    nah, i dont read his posts , hes never had an original thought in his life, all he can do is
    tear down other peoples faith, i challenge you to find anything he has ever stated of an
    encouraging nature to anyone.
    Plus we are seeing Bible prophecy being fulfilled as we speak with the colapse of so many financial institutions and it's the ones s that so many have put their faith and money into.
    Most do not put their faith is God and see and understand that this system is on it's last leg just as the time before the flood in Noah's day when "they took no note" of what was coming and to pursue anything they want, but we do not. This is a sinking ship and we have no desire to pursue it's empty goals.
    Jesus and his apostles never told the Christains of that day to follow a life of higher education but to serve others in the ministry work which is hopefully to save lifes in the future and that would be eternal life.
    So as usual RJK looks no farther then the tip of his nose with understanding the Bible and the big picture of what's happening........
    He will be standing with his diplomas and notices of his higher education when armeggedon starts. I wonder what good they will do him then?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Dec '11 03:12
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Plus we are seeing Bible prophecy being fulfilled as we speak with the colapse of so many financial institutions and it's the ones s that so many have put their faith and money into.
    Did this "Bible prophecy" you claim to see apply to the 1929 Crash? If not why not? Why does it apply now and not then?
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Dec '11 03:43
    Originally posted by FMF
    Did this "Bible prophecy" you claim to see apply to the 1929 Crash? If not why not? Why does it apply now and not then?
    No it didn't. All the signs are a composite of many things that will happen, not specific dates. That's why the word signs are used.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Dec '11 04:231 edit
    No it didn't. All the signs are a composite of many things that will happen, not specific dates. That's why the word signs are used.
    Oh so it didn't apply to the 1929 Crash but it does apply now. I see. I suppose it didn't apply when Asia had its meltdown in 1998 either. Clearly, seeing as there has been a strong recovery in the meantime.

If you weather the crisis in America (we are not really all that affected relatively speaking out here in the BRIC type countries like Indonesia - does the Bible mention that, I wonder?] and if there is economic recovery in the years ahead, will you concede that your allegedly Bible-based prophecy was wrong?
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    19 Dec '11 05:36
    Originally posted by FMF
    (we are not really all that affected relatively speaking out here in the BRIC type countries like Indonesia - does the Bible mention that, I wonder?]
    Americans think they are all there is in the world with an occasional passing thought for Europe. I bet the Bible doesn't mention the wonderful economic growth being experienced by China.
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    19 Dec '11 05:44
    Prophecies don't work. It's impossible to see into the future.

Everyone who has made prophecies about the last day of Earth has failed, and there has been many attempts. The proof of this is that I am able to write this posting.

I dare everyone to make a correct prophecy. Before it happens, not afterward. Give me an important event, and its date. If you succeed, then we can discuss further. Until then you can go on and believe it religiously, knowing that it is scientifically impossible to predict the future.
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Dec '11 08:021 edit
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Prophecies don't work. It's impossible to see into the future.

Everyone who has made prophecies about the last day of Earth has failed, and there has been many attempts. The proof of this is that I am able to write this posting.

I dare everyone to make a correct prophecy. Before it happens, not afterward. Give me an important event, and its date. I ...[text shortened]... nd believe it religiously, knowing that it is scientifically impossible to predict the future.
    Ok, take a trip just outside of Baghdad today....

" Regarding Babylon, it was foretold: “She will never be inhabited, nor will she reside for generation after generation. And there the Arab will not pitch his tent, and no shepherds will let their flocks lie down there.” (Isaiah 13:20) This prophecy did more than predict a city’s fall. It showed that Babylon would be desolated permanently. You can see evidence of the fulfillment of these words. The uninhabited site of ancient Babylon—about 50 miles [80 km] south of Baghdad, Iraq—is proof that what Jehovah spoke through Isaiah has been fulfilled: “I will sweep her with the broom of annihilation.”—Isaiah 14:22, 23.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Dec '11 08:27
    Originally posted by FMF
    Oh so it didn't apply to the 1929 Crash but it does apply now. I see. I suppose it didn't apply when Asia had its meltdown in 1998 either. Clearly, seeing as there has been a strong recovery in the meantime.

If you weather the crisis in America (we are not really all that affected relatively speaking out here in the BRIC type countries like Indonesia - does ...[text shortened]... overy in the years ahead, will you concede that your allegedly Bible-based prophecy was wrong?
    I don't there will be much forthcoming coherence from the two JW's on this.
  12. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    19 Dec '11 08:281 edit
    Ok, take a trip just outside of Baghdad today....

" Regarding Babylon, it was foretold: “She will never be inhabited, nor will she reside for generation after generation. And there the Arab will not pitch his tent, and no shepherds will let their flocks lie down there.” (Isaiah 13:20) This prophecy did more than predict a city’s fall. It showed that B ...[text shortened]... Isaiah has been fulfilled: “I will sweep her with the broom of annihilation.”—Isaiah 14:22, 23.
    Not a very impressive prophecy when it's fulfilment can quite easily be arranged by humans with a vested interest in *making it come true*. Indeed it's about as impressive as a magic trick whereby you draw a card from a marked pack, show it to the "magician", put it back and then he finds it.

Show us some prophecies which say: in the year [some specific year], in [some specific place], [some specific number of people] will be killed in [some specific natural disaster]. A [specified] number of homes will be destroyed, and so on...
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Dec '11 08:331 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999

Here is what they sa Witness should want to go to college. Rather, work in the Watchtower Organization![/i]
    Watchtower 1969 March 15 p.171 What Influences Decisions in Your Life?

12 The influence and spirit of this world is to get ahead, to make a name for oneself. Many schools now have student counselors who encourage one to pursue higher education after high school, to pursue a career with a future in this system of things. Do not be influenced by them. Do not let them "brainwash" you with the Devil's propaganda to get ahead, to make something of yourself in this world. This world has very little time left! Any "future" this world offers is no future! Wisely, then, let God's Word influence you in selecting a course that will result in your protection and blessing. Make pioneer service, the full-time ministry, with the possibility of Bethel or missionary service your goal. This is a life that offers an everlasting future!

Watchtower 1st September 1975 p543

No Jehovah's Witness should want to go to college. Rather, work in the Watchtower Organization!

http://www.quotes-watchtower.co.uk/education.html

JWs:

How much time is left then? To not bother with an education must mean at the very least the end will occur within the students lifetime? To not know how long is left and to give advice like this is surely reprehensible?

"work in the watchtower" ah - clarity of motive at last. Cheap labour.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Dec '11 08:38
    Does a rolling and periodically renewed conviction that 'the end is nigh' intensify and then re-intensify religionists' faith?
  15. Wat?
    Moves
    19 Dec '11 09:08
    Let's face it. How can you get a logical 'worldly' answer out of somebody who is brainwashed?

There's no logical response to the normal questions raised in the OP, so as you delve further in questions then the more opaque and unresolved the answers you will get.

-m.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree