Educate your YEC: Evolutionism IS falsifiable

Educate your YEC: Evolutionism IS falsifiable

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
18 Nov 14

Originally posted by lemon lime
[b]But after weighing me and seeing that I do weigh 200 pounds the
statement "I weigh 200 pounds" is still falsifiable BUT not contestable.

You scored a point in semantics here, differentiating between falsifiable and contestable. But I'll assume you understood me, and are not easily confused by spelling and punctuation errors as well as noticeable gaffs in semantics.[/b]
I'm not interested in semantics. I wanted to clear up the fact
that just because the Theory of Evolution is falsifiable is in no
way contrary to it being absolutely true and uncontestable.

Do you understand?

Cape Town

Moves
18 Nov 14

If something is falsifiable it can be contested. Creationists contest what are purported to be facts by evolutionists and evolutionists contest what are purported to be facts by creationists. This means your OP is self defeating because you have evolutionists who claim there are creationists who claim evolution is not falsifiable, while at the same ...[text shortened]... u fakers I am actually being charitable... because fakers know what they are saying is not true.
I really don't get what you are trying to say. Which claim are you disputing and why:
1. Evolution is falsifiable.
2. Creationism is not falsifiable.
3. Some creationists claim evolution is not falsifiable.

You keep saying these three claims are somehow self defeating, but I don't understand your explanation.
And no, I am not faking, or otherwise being dishonest, I genuinely believe the above three claims are true - and if I am not mistaken you have already admitted that 1, is true, and would be foolish to claim 3, is not true, so is 2. the one you have a problem with, and if so, how does this make the OP self defeating?

Cape Town

Moves
18 Nov 14

I apologize for showing you this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub_a2t0ZfTs
So instead of an apology you go with insults? Is that the best you can do?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
18 Nov 14

Originally posted by twhitehead
So instead of an apology you go with insults? Is that the best you can do?
Hypocrite... is hurling insults and demanding apologies the best you can do? You routinely call people ignorant and stupid if you don't agree with them. So what kind of moron consistently does this to others, but believes it's wrong when done to him? Are you some kind of comedian, or do you really think you deserve an apology?

I don't think so. You deserve to get what you give... no more, no less.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
18 Nov 14

Originally posted by wolfgang59
I'm not interested in semantics. I wanted to clear up the fact
that just because the Theory of Evolution is falsifiable is in no

Do you understand?
... just because the Theory of Evolution is falsifiable is in no

Amen brother! Darwin said, you believe it and that settles it! 😵

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
18 Nov 14

Darwin said, you believe it and that settles it! 😵
Precisely the opposite.

You are either too narrow-minded or too stupid to understand.

Cape Town

Moves
18 Nov 14

Hypocrite... is hurling insults and demanding apologies the best you can do? You routinely call people ignorant and stupid if you don't agree with them.
Please provide evidence of this.

Where have I hurled an insult at you?

So what kind of moron consistently does this to others, but believes it's wrong when done to him? Are you some kind of comedian, or do you really think you deserve an apology?
You made a false accusation about me and continue to do so, so yes, I think I deserve an apology. Even if you were correct and I routinely insult others, I would still deserve an apology for your false accusation.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
18 Nov 14

Originally posted by wolfgang59
Precisely the opposite.

You are either too narrow-minded or too stupid to understand.
... absolutely true and uncontestable.

Oh, I understand all right... you are a true believer.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
18 Nov 14

Originally posted by twhitehead
Please provide evidence of this.

Where have I hurled an insult at you?

[b]So what kind of moron consistently does this to others, but believes it's wrong when done to him? Are you some kind of comedian, or do you really think you deserve an apology?

You made a false accusation about me and continue to do so, so yes, I think I deserve an apology ...[text shortened]... rrect and I routinely insult others, I would still deserve an apology for your false accusation.[/b]
Okay then, apparently you are not a comedian.

Cape Town

Moves
18 Nov 14

Okay then, apparently you are not a comedian.
No, I am not. And you sir, are rude.

Now, are you going to address my other posts asking for clarification as to what you think is wrong with the OP?

Moves
18 Nov 14

If you are relatively new to evolution theory you are probably not annoyed that evolutionists decided to separate the two, and then claim one has nothing to do with the other. It only takes one generation for a change like that to appear acceptable.
You're kidding, right? Evolution was always about existing life evolving to produce new species, hence the title of Darwin's book: The Origin of Species. It was never about the origin of life, stars, galaxies or friggin universes.

Moves
18 Nov 14

[b]Falsifiable means that if it were false there would be a way to show
it false.

Same difference.

(Unlike religious beliefs)

Contesting religious beliefs is what evolutionists do when they don't want to consider evidence shown by creationists. It's funny to watch how you shuck and jive and make fun of religion, but won't actually dis ...[text shortened]... ngness to think for yourselves, but you have shown yourselves to be shameless hypocrites.[/b]
Way to miss his point.

Moves
18 Nov 14

[b]... just because the Theory of Evolution is falsifiable is in no

Amen brother! Darwin said, you believe it and that settles it! 😵[/b]
Way to miss his point, yet again. Are you dumb? Because if you are, you're excused of course. Otherwise, you're a moron. Can't stand for no morons. No, sir.

Z

Moves
19 Nov 14

Hypocrite... is hurling insults and demanding apologies the best you can do? You routinely call people ignorant and stupid if you don't agree with them. So what kind of moron consistently does this to others, but believes it's wrong when done to him? Are you some kind of comedian, or do you really think you deserve an apology?

I don't think so. You deserve to get what you give... no more, no less.
he consistently proved you wrong in this thread.

furthermore, he even abstained from calling you names (even though you deserve a few)

in return, you have descended deeper and deeper into madness, hurling insults towards anyone who calls you on your crap.

now you don't even argue on the point anymore. you just foam at the mouth even though he keeps trying to engage you honestly in a debate (i for one stopped bothering)

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
19 Nov 14

Originally posted by C Hess
You're kidding, right? Evolution was always about existing life evolving to produce new species, hence the title of Darwin's book: The Origin of Species. It was never about the origin of life, stars, galaxies or friggin universes.
There was no evidence of origin of species in his book either, I read it.