Educate your YEC: Evolutionism IS falsifiable

Educate your YEC: Evolutionism IS falsifiable

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
13 Nov 14

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
only you few flavors of american protestants believe in such absolute nonsense.
Alas, they're everywhere (be them tiny groups), even here in Sweden. 😞

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
13 Nov 14

evolution has nothing to do with god. the whole of the catholic church has no problem stating that god used evolution to create the world and that believing in a 6 day creation story is idiotic.

only you few flavors of american protestants believe in such absolute nonsense.
The Bible states that God created the heaven and the earth, and in six days He created every living creature.

Of course that's just too easy for atheistic evolutionary science to comprehend, so the sophisticated intellectual elite had to generate a whole science to explain to themselves how they think everything came into existence.

And it's all bogus. No matter how much I hear or read about evolution there never seems to be anything that confirms that it is even happening.

The evolutionist know that. That's why they pushed the dates back so far so that one can't even see the progression. Because there is no progression. It's a hoax. A hoax so pervasive it's evolved into a religion.

Want to know what's coming down the pike? Science will attempt to accelerate the evolution of a human. Science is already doing it with plant life. Genetically modified humans. A better more sophisticated species.

Time to play God. Creepy!

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
13 Nov 14

Originally posted by C Hess
Alas, they're everywhere (be them tiny groups), even here in Sweden. 😞
Everywhere infecting the planet with their cancerous lies about Jesus.

Jesus, the God who became a man, that died and rose from the dead.

Christians just don't have much of an imagination do they?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
13 Nov 14

Originally posted by josephw
Everywhere infecting the planet with their cancerous lies about Jesus.

Jesus, the God who became a man, that died and rose from the dead.

Rather a lot, actually. You don't seem to fathom the idea that mankind is quite capable of inventing ANY religion with no help needed from ANY kind of deity.

It's like the idiot argument some UFO asssholes make: In ancient Egypt, men were too stupid to have ever been able to engineer the pyramids.

THEREFORE aliens had to have come down to help them do it.

Which begs the question of why would aliens even WANT to do anything like that, build a monument for one man...

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
13 Nov 14

Originally posted by sonhouse
Rather a lot, actually. You don't seem to fathom the idea that mankind is quite capable of inventing ANY religion with no help needed from ANY kind of deity.

It's like the idiot argument some UFO asssholes make: In ancient Egypt, men were too stupid to have ever been able to engineer the pyramids.

THEREFORE aliens had to have come down to help them d ...[text shortened]... question of why would aliens even WANT to do anything like that, build a monument for one man...
"You don't seem to fathom the idea that mankind is quite capable of inventing ANY religion with no help needed from ANY kind of deity."

Yes I do! (Sigh)😞

Man has invented every religion except one. What good is it for me to tell that to an atheist? No good, right? Why are you so biased? Is fathoming the idea that man invents religions beyond the intellectual abilities of a person that believes in God?

Don't be so shallow. I don't mean that as an insult. Just sayin'.

For you and I, the only real debate is about whether or not God actually exists. All the rest is a waste of time don't you think?

Cape Town

Moves
13 Nov 14

Given that the vast majority of the New Testament ideas came from previous mythology, I am inclined to agree with you.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
13 Nov 14

Originally posted by twhitehead
Given that the vast majority of the New Testament ideas came from previous mythology, I am inclined to agree with you.
The myth is what you believe about the Bible.

Moves
13 Nov 14

aren't you the grammar nazi. yes, if you can prove a prediction is false, that prediction was false.

glad you clarified it
Sometimes I over-think things.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
13 Nov 14

[b]"You don't seem to fathom the idea that mankind is quite capable of inventing ANY religion with no help needed from ANY kind of deity."

Yes I do! (Sigh)😞

Man has invented every religion except one. What good is it for me to tell that to an atheist? No good, right? Why are you so biased? Is fathoming the idea that man invents religions beyond th ...[text shortened]... te is about whether or not God actually exists. All the rest is a waste of time don't you think?[/b]
Your first mistake is thinking I am atheist. I am not atheist, I just totally deny the possibility of the Abrahamic religions as being anything but man made.

I am a human on a very tiny planet out in the boondocks of a typical galaxy and anyone who says deities flat cannot exist is pretty narrow minded since we only occupy a dust mote in space and have only been to the next door dust mote a few times.

If say, in a million years of continued scientific growth, we come to the conclusion there are no deities, that would be one thing, having by that time seen pretty much the entire universe up close and personal and know a trillion times as much as we know now about physics and math and chemistry and so forth, they might be in a better position to render that kind of judgement.

A human, right now, on Earth? Don't think so. I just think if there are deities out there, they have quarantined the solar system if there was any interaction at all.

Personally, I don't think there are deities who have any interest in us at all, since we would be more like the level of termites to them, assuming they exist at all.

There has been just too much bloodshed for me to believe a deity would allow such blatant atrocities that have been committed in the last couple of thousand years and before that.

If there WAS a deity who allowed such, like the missives on slavery and such in the OT, I want no part of it.

Like I said, I want freedom FROM religion, not freedom OF religion.

100,000,000 people killed in century 20, no deity comes down and goes, no mas?

I think you religious people are just living in fantasy land if you think a deity is going to come down and fix all our boo boo's.

Z

Moves
13 Nov 14

The Bible states that God created the heaven and the earth, and in six days He created every living creature.

Of course that's just too easy for atheistic evolutionary science to comprehend, so the sophisticated intellectual elite had to generate a whole science to explain to themselves how they think everything came into existence.

And it's all bogus. ...[text shortened]... Genetically modified humans. A better more sophisticated species.

Time to play God. Creepy!
"The Bible states that God created the heaven and the earth"
yes, i believe that too
", and in six days He created every living creature."
false, demonstrably false.

"Of course that's just too easy for atheistic evolutionary science to comprehend"
on the contrary, it is incredibly complicated (i am humoring you, it is in fact impossible)

"so the sophisticated intellectual elite had to generate a whole science to explain to themselves how they think everything came into existence."
again, this is your ignorance talking. evolutionism (what we talk about at the moment) doesn't explain how life began, only how it evolved.

"And it's all bogus. No matter how much I hear or read about evolution there never seems to be anything that confirms that it is even happening."
fossils prove it definitely happened.
evolution is not up for debate or personal opinion. evolution happened. period. the only thing we can further gain knowledge on is the exact mechanism.

"And it's all bogus"
that's your opinion. with that opinion and 1 dollar you can buy a 1dollar roasted peanuts bag.

"The evolutionist know that."
nope.

"That's why they pushed the dates back so far so that one can't even see the progression."
everyone (with a shred of reason) can see the progression as you call it. countless of transitional fossils, geological layers, genetics, the fact one doesn't find a bunny fossil in a cretaceous layer, all prove beyond doubt that evolution happened.

"Want to know what's coming down the pike? Science will attempt to accelerate the evolution of a human."
yep, i know and i only fear i won't be getting a slice of that pie. higher resistance to diseases. no more genetic disorders. living longer. higher capacity for learning, more efficient nutrition.

preventing children from dying. creepy indeed.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
13 Nov 14
1 edit

Originally posted by sonhouse
Your first mistake is thinking I am atheist. I am not atheist, I just totally deny the possibility of the Abrahamic religions as being anything but man made.

I am a human on a very tiny planet out in the boondocks of a typical galaxy and anyone who says deities flat cannot exist is pretty narrow minded since we only occupy a dust mote in space and have o ...[text shortened]... ust living in fantasy land if you think a deity is going to come down and fix all our boo boo's.
You don't believe in God or a god. You want to abolish all religions, except humanism. How is that not an atheist?

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
14 Nov 14
2 edits

Originally posted by RJHinds
Evolution has been falsified because the fossil record does show no change from one kind of animal to another over time. The fossil record also shows a sudden appearance of pratically all the vertebrate animals without any intermediate links from one kind to another. Supernatural creation was only done in the beginning, which is consistent with what is obs ...[text shortened]... That means the the creation theory has been confirmed by all the experiments throughout history.
The creation theory predicts that animals will only reproduce after their own kind and that is always what we see.
Ligers and Tigons and Bears - oh my!

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
14 Nov 14

Originally posted by DeepThought
The creation theory predicts that animals will only reproduce after their own kind and that is always what we see.
Ligers and Tigons and Bears - oh my!
People can give whatever name they wish to the animals, but we creationists know that Lions and Tigers are the same kind and not the same kind as bears. However, evolutionists are dumbfounded by it all.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
14 Nov 14

Evolution is falsifiable?

Then why believe it? 🙄

Truth can't be falsified.
Apparently falsifiable is equivalent to valid, whereas something that isn't falsifiable isn't valid. Don't ask me why because I don't know... I'm still not sure why evolutionists will suggest how "falsifiable" is supposed to lend credence to evolution. And the way it's been used here is to give the impression that if it can be proven false then it must be true... again, don't ask me why. Someone here will undoubtedly explain how this works.

Cape Town

Moves
14 Nov 14

Originally posted by lemon lime
Apparently falsifiable is equivalent to valid, whereas something that isn't falsifiable isn't valid. Don't ask me why because I don't know... I'm still not sure why evolutionists will suggest how "falsifiable" is supposed to lend credence to evolution. And the way it's been used here is to give the impression that if it can be proven false then it must be true... again, don't ask me why. Someone here will undoubtedly explain how this works.
You are incorrect. Nobody is suggesting that if something is falsifiable then it is automatically correct. The thread is a response to the claim by some creationists that the Theory of Evolution is not falsifiable and therefore not science, because scientific theories must be falsifiable.