1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    23 Apr '07 22:04
    While pondering the good news of the evolutionary atheists gospel I had a revelation. From the first predecessor of the human species that crawled out of the primordial soup to the last of our kind is doomed to nonexistence.
    Does anyone know of anything else they would like to add to this idea?
  2. Joined
    18 Feb '07
    Moves
    23 Apr '07 22:20
    Christians are also doomed to nonexistence, they just like to delude themselves in the process. 😉
  3. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    23 Apr '07 22:37
    Originally posted by josephw
    While pondering the good news of the evolutionary atheists gospel I had a revelation. From the first predecessor of the human species that crawled out of the primordial soup to the last of our kind is doomed to nonexistence.
    i can't wait
  4. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    23 Apr '07 22:53
    In that case, we've only ended up where we started. Why not just make the most of the time we have?
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Apr '07 01:23
    Originally posted by Zander 88
    Christians are also doomed to nonexistence, they just like to delude themselves in the process. 😉
    Well, you have to admit it's a more positive alternitive.
    But don't you think it's a little fishy that evolution leaves one with nothing? I think the whole idea of evolution was created for the porpose of supplying evidence for atheism in the first place.
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Apr '07 01:26
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    In that case, we've only ended up where we started. Why not just make the most of the time we have?
    And when you die and find yourself in eternity what will you do?
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Apr '07 01:27
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    i can't wait
    So what ARE you waiting for?
  8. Joined
    18 Feb '07
    Moves
    24 Apr '07 01:45
    But don't you think it's a little fishy that evolution leaves one with nothing? I think the whole idea of evolution was created for the porpose of supplying evidence for atheism in the first place.
    Yes, but I wouldn't delude myself to be happy.

Science is the pursuit of objective truth, it has no hidden agendas.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Apr '07 01:59
    Yes, but I wouldn't delude myself to be happy.

Science is the pursuit of objective truth, it has no hidden agendas.
    Ironically deluding yourself is just what you're doing.
    But let's not get into that argument.
    Interesting concept though; objective truth. Doesn't that mean that truth is an external reality? How can that be if evolution is real? And from what I've read around here posted by scientists the whole universe is probably just an illusion anyway.

And from what I've seen it isn't the Christians with a hidden agenda. Although some probably do!
  10. Joined
    18 Feb '07
    Moves
    24 Apr '07 02:11
    Ironically deluding yourself is just what you're doing.
    But let's not get into that argument.
    Interesting concept though; objective truth. Doesn't that mean that truth is an external reality? How can that be if evolution is real? And from what I've read around here posted by scientists the whole universe is probably just an illusion anyway.

And from what I've seen it isn't the Christians with a hidden agenda. Although some probably do!
    Yes, we shouldn't. You are not open to critical thinking, as you won't accept the possibility that your God doesn't exist. Whenever you're ready to take off your sunglasses, then we can debate.
  11. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    24 Apr '07 02:24
    Yes, we shouldn't. You are not open to critical thinking, as you won't accept the possibility that your God doesn't exist. Whenever you're ready to take off your sunglasses, then we can debate.
    EVSOA
  12. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    24 Apr '07 02:54
    Darwin was a Christian so that sort of torpedoes that idea.
  13. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    24 Apr '07 02:56
    I'd like to know what your point is.
    There's something like maybe 50 million different species alive in the world today. That's a whole lot of nonexistence.
  14. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    24 Apr '07 04:02
    Yep. Instead of risking eternal suffering at the whim of some inhuman being, we can escape pain, worry, misery and suffering forever.
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    24 Apr '07 05:28
    The material universe itself is ultimately non-existent and unimportant. There is only the Brahman/Tao/Void, the one without a second, that the human species and all things are manifestations of. But we are not doomed to nonexistence; no part of the One can be truly destroyed.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree