1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    14 Feb '20 17:37
    @kellyjay said
    The whole world has fallen, and you are focusing on how divided we are. Jesus is the Word of God, is calling us to God so that we are one in Him. This call is worldwide, and He is calling us out of every religion, including Christianity. Claiming the name Christian is meaningless without Jesus Christ in our lives, not everyone who calls Him Lord knows Him.

This is a personal choice for all, not one made by the luck of the draw on where one was born.
    So it is irrelevant if you had been born in Iran, Japan, India or America? You would have had the same inclination and opportunity to find Jesus?
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Feb '20 17:461 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    So it is irrelevant if you had been born in Iran, Japan, India or America? You would have had the same inclination and opportunity to find Jesus?
    You miss the point, the call of God on us, not our birth’s location, where we’re raised matters. Neither does our status in life, rich, poor, or anything else; it still only matters if we accept God's call.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Feb '20 03:23
    @kellyjay said
    The fact is truth, not where we are born is the only thing that matters. Numbers don't necessarily mean what is true or real, people can be wrong.
    Your assertion that people who don't follow your religion are "wrong" - and your religion is the "truth" - doesn't alter the fact that where one is born and raised is the main factor behind what religion one ends up following.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Feb '20 07:13
    @kellyjay said
    You miss the point, the call of God on us, not our birth’s location, where we’re raised matters. Neither does our status in life, rich, poor, or anything else; it still only matters if we accept God's call.
    What happens to all of the hundreds of millions of people who are born in geographic locations, counties, cultures, under other religions where they never get to hear about your version of Jesus etc?
  5. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    15 Feb '20 12:39
    @divegeester said
    What happens to all of the hundreds of millions of people who are born in geographic locations, counties, cultures, under other religions where they never get to hear about your version of Jesus etc?
    "Your version of Jesus"? As an alleged Christian your insinuations are pathetic.

THE version of Jesus is defined by scripture, and your reticence to say the truth about Jesus, according to the scriptures, and infer that kelly is giving a "version" of Jesus not consistent with the scriptures, serves only to reveal the obvious about you. You're a fake, and guess what?, an ahole too.

And if you really want to know about the billions that reject God's Christ, just read the Bible.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Feb '20 14:25
    @secondson said
    "Your version of Jesus"? As an alleged Christian your insinuations are pathetic.

THE version of Jesus is defined by scripture, and your reticence to say the truth about Jesus, according to the scriptures, and infer that kelly is giving a "version" of Jesus not consistent with the scriptures, serves only to reveal the obvious about you. You're a fake, and guess what?, an ...[text shortened]...

And if you really want to know about the billions that reject God's Christ, just read the Bible.
    Your online disinhibition is preventing you from addressing the content of my post and driving you to make your angry blurt.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Feb '20 20:53
    @secondson said
    sonship's and KellyJay's version of the Christian God torments billions of people in burning flames for eternity, while Suzianne's and divegeester's version of the Christian God does not. One is a torturer God, the other is not. As an observer looking in, I'd say the natures of these two God figures are fundementally different. To say they are two "versions" is putting it mildly.
  8. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    16 Feb '20 01:35
    @fmf said
    sonship's and KellyJay's version of the Christian God torments billions of people in burning flames for eternity, while Suzianne's and divegeester's version of the Christian God does not. One is a torturer God, the other is not. As an observer looking in, I'd say the natures of these two God figures are fundementally different. To say they are two "versions" is putting it mildly.
    The Bible knows nothing about a "torturer God". That "version" is a contrivance of both yours and divegeester's imagination. You and divegeester have generated an entire argument in these threads based on a false premise, and you both are calling Jesus a liar.

Jesus wasn't telling fairytales when he said, "Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels".

It's not a metaphor for annihilation. "The dead" will be resurrected and stand in judgment and cast into the lake of fire, into outer darkness where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth and their worm dieth not, forever separated from the love of God.

The Bible teaches that you can either suffer the eternal wrath of God or get saved from it. Yours and divegeester's blabbering nonsense about a torturer God notwithstanding.
  9. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    16 Feb '20 01:58
    @divegeester said
    Your online disinhibition is preventing you from addressing the content of my post and driving you to make your angry blurt.
    What content?

"Online disinhibition syndrome"? FMF put the words right in your mouth didn't he? In fact there's very little difference between the two of you with regards to content.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Feb '20 06:08
    @secondson said
    The Bible knows nothing about a "torturer God". That "version" is a contrivance of both yours and divegeester's imagination.
    Does your version of the Christian God burn non-Christians alive in a lake of fire or not?

Simple question Joseph, and one which over the years here you seem incapable of answering.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Feb '20 06:09
    @secondson said
    What content?
    If this low brow obtuse dodge provides you with a sense of intellectual satisfaction then that’s ok with me. Otherwise please go back and the post in question.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Feb '20 06:10
    @secondson said
    "Online disinhibition syndrome"? FMF put the words right in your mouth didn't he?
    No I took it from your own post where you said to BDP that it would be a good thread topic.

Remember...?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Feb '20 06:20
    @secondson said
    The Bible knows nothing about a "torturer God". That "version" is a contrivance of both yours and divegeester's imagination. You and divegeester have generated an entire argument in these threads based on a false premise, and you both are calling Jesus a liar.
    Both sonship's and KellyJay's version of the Christian God supposedly torments billions of people in burning flames for eternity. If there is a false premise here, it is sonship's and KellyJay's, not mine.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Feb '20 06:27
    @secondson said
    Jesus wasn't telling fairytales when he said, "Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels".

It's not a metaphor for annihilation. "The dead" will be resurrected and stand in judgment and cast into the lake of fire, into outer darkness where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth and their worm dieth not, forever separated from the love of God.
    If you think sonship and KellyJay are wrong about God tormenting billions of people in burning flames for eternity, take it up with them. I am an agnostic atheist. I believe that when we die, that's it. No burning flames. No torment. Nothing keeps happening for "eternity". If you disagree with their intepretation, take it up with them.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Feb '20 06:33
    @secondson said
    FMF put the words right in your mouth didn't he? In fact there's very little difference between the two of you with regards to content.
    divegeester is a Christian. I am an atheist. Our beliefs are completely different and, therefore, so are our perspectives and so is the content of our posts. Completely different. It's rather revealing that you admit to seeing "little difference".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree