1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Oct '21 16:147 edits
    @kevcvs57

You should read my posts more carefully, I’ve already established that you and all other believers in dogma based certitudes are the least spiritual amongst us and certainly you have no intention of joining us in our spiritual journey. You have long ago decided to curl up at home with a ‘Good Book’ .
    Surely the universe holds no potential for someone as enlightened as yourself.

Make up your mind. You're going to converse or you're not.

Now about the "Imaginary Friend" - - - Joseph Mengele was a scientist and physician under Adolf Hitler. Dr. Mengele did some experiments on pregnant Jewish women in the concentration camps in World War II. He sewed up their breasts to see how their babes, when born, would survive or not without the mother's milk.

One woman killed her desperate baby in order to spar the hungry child from the pain of starvation. Her breasts were surgically closed so the mother's milk was not available to keep it alive. Dr. Joseph Mengele (the so-called Angel of Death) was furious. He had the corpse of the little baby found so he could make his final scientific measurements.

Tell me. Do you think there will be any justice from God for what Joseph Mengele performed on those women? Or do you think any such belief is just a curling up with a good book and longing for an "Imaginary Friend?"

Do you think Joseph Mengele will get away with his crimes?
    Do you think no scales of ultimate justice will be balanced by some "Imaginary
    Friend?"
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Oct '21 17:102 edits
    [quote] You should read my posts more carefully, I’ve already established that you and all other believers in dogma based certitudes are the least spiritual amongst us and certainly you have no intention of joining us in our spiritual journey. You have long ago decided to curl up at home with a ‘Good Book’ .[/wuote]

Well, Kevcvs57 I took your advice and went back to read some of your replies more carefully. I will do that if you think I am missing something.

Now, about throwing up our hands and saying, ie. "But we don't know about Jesus or what He said".

Do you believe you know more about what Plato ?
    Let's compare.

Plato's Tetralogies was written during years 427 - 347 B.C.
    The earliest copy of this work dates to 900 A.D.
    That's a span interval of 1,200 years.
    There are 7 surviving copies.

The New Testament was written under 100 years from the life of Jesus.
    There are about 5,000 Greek manuscripts of the NT.
    There are about 8,000 manuscript copies of the Latin translation of the Bible
    including the NT. Jerome translated the Greek to Latin during the years 382 - 405
    A.D. In addition there are some 350 copies of the NT in Aramaic (Syriac) which
    originated between 150-250 A.D. Most copies date back to the 400s A.D..
    There are some 32,000 citations of the NT from Christian churchmen before the Council of Nicea in 325 A.D.

Logically, which writing, those of Plato or the New Testament, do you think we have more reason to believe the attestation to each man's life and words are stronger ?

If you doubt we know anything about Jesus you have to double doubt we know anything about Plato.

We can go on to other ancient figures -
    Julius Caesar, Livy, Tacitus, Thucydides, Seutonous, Herodotus, Sophocles,
    Erupides, Demosthenes, Aristotle, Aristophones, and more.

We can compare WHEN they lived and wrote or spoke, the earliest copies of their works, the time span between the earliest copies and when they lived, and the number of copies of their works surviving.

Kevcvs57, if you throw up hands and say "But we have no idea what Jesus was about or said because it was so long ago" you have to doubly doubt you know anything about any other ancient orator, personage's life and words much more.

You were talking about educating one's self ?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree