Do satanists believe in God?

Do satanists believe in God?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daniel

Napoli, Italia

Moves
17 Aug 07

Originally posted by darvlay
Of course! And Alistair Crowley was just a plain old-fashioned nutjob!
I think that if you would look in the mirror, you'd discover that you're the nut-job!

Daniel

Napoli, Italia

Moves
17 Aug 07

I must admit, I do enjoy the 11 Satanic Rules of Earth, especially the final one:

When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.
Now there you go. You've got 1 of the eleven down, so think/reflect about the other 10, and you'll, too, become one of us!

Daniel

Napoli, Italia

Moves
17 Aug 07

Originally posted by KellyJay
You be a statanist, because you have to brush your teeth, and that
people are selfish? You don't see the need to fix people as God has
done in Christ as a good thing, you wish to blame God for the evil that
Satan and people do.
Kelly
Basically you have a non-argument. god and jesus are non-existent or false. i would believe in god IF stupid christians would acknowledge that god is both good_AND_evil.

Daniel

Napoli, Italia

Moves
17 Aug 07

😴
You're right: seeing is believing!

w

Moves
17 Aug 07

Originally posted by Stregone
Yes, Satanism is very intriguing. And is more logical and attactive once you have freed yourself from superstitious christian/religious thought.
So what is so attractive about it? What has it done for you? Give us your best sales pitch.

Daniel

Napoli, Italia

Moves
17 Aug 07

Originally posted by whodey
So what is so attractive about it? What has it done for you? Give us your best sales pitch.
Becoming a satanist and freed me from the superstitiousness of christianity. I have become liberated from stupidity. Becoming a satanist has brought me in touch with what we all are--animals--and thus I finally have rid myself of the guilt that christians feel when just being themselves: egotistical, pursuing pleasure avoid pain.

w

Moves
17 Aug 07

Becoming a satanist and freed me from the superstitiousness of christianity. I have become liberated from stupidity. Becoming a satanist has brought me in touch with what we all are--animals--and thus I finally have rid myself of the guilt that christians feel when just being themselves: egotistical, pursuing pleasure avoid pain.
But why does one have to become a satanist to be "freed" from Christianity? I thought those who rejected Christianity, for whatever reason, were free from it?

Also, what do you think of people like Mother Theresa and Christ? Were they fools? Is serving others ahead of your own desires foolish?

Daniel

Napoli, Italia

Moves
17 Aug 07

But why does one have to become a satanist to be "freed" from Christianity? I thought those who rejected Christianity, for whatever reason, were free from it?

Also, what do you think of people like Mother Theresa and Christ? Were they fools? Is serving others ahead of your own desires foolish?
no, you don't have to be a satanist. the ideal position is to be FREE from ANY religion! Regarding your other question: mother theresa was just as egotistical as you and me. she did what she did because it made HER feel good. as for christ: he was a brilliant, but demented lunatic.

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
17 Aug 07

Originally posted by Dudefromabove
When i say satanist i mean someone who believes that satan will destroy the kingdom of God and therefore is trying to get power for themselves by being evil
If that was your definition, then why did you bother asking the question in the first place? Christ, child, do some thinking before you blather on here.

JJ

Moves
17 Aug 07

Originally posted by Dudefromabove
Just wondering if satanists believe in God or if they have something against him!
Well....being Satanists that means they like the devil and hate God!!!:'(

JJ

Moves
17 Aug 07

Sounds like you are describing a satanist not a christian!!!

Cape Town

Moves
17 Aug 07

Originally posted by Jay Joos
Well....being Satanists that means they like the devil and hate God!!!:'(
No it doesn't. The word has various meanings. The only people I know of who label themselves Satanists do not believe in the devil or God.

w

Moves
17 Aug 07

no, you don't have to be a satanist. the ideal position is to be FREE from ANY religion! Regarding your other question: mother theresa was just as egotistical as you and me. she did what she did because it made HER feel good. as for christ: he was a brilliant, but demented lunatic.
So what is the added benefit to being a satatnist if you do not have to be one in order to be "free" from Christianity?

Also, it sounds is if Mother Theresa, in your mind, was just as "free" as you. How could this be so since she was a woman of faith?

Cape Town

Moves
17 Aug 07

Also, it sounds is if Mother Theresa, in your mind, was just as "free" as you. How could this be so since she was a woman of faith?
Your post implied you thought Mother Teresa was "serving others ahead of her own desires". That is not the case. She desired to serve God (probably to get into heaven or a combination of similarly selfish reasons). In fact, it was more important to her to convert people to Christianity than to serve them.
She was not free of Christianity because she incorrectly believed that what she was doing would benefit her. If I put a gun to your head and say I will shoot you unless you do what I tell you, you are both free to disobey me and not free (imprisoned by your fear) at the same time.

JJ

Moves
17 Aug 07

Originally posted by twhitehead
No it doesn't. The word has various meanings. The only people I know of who label themselves Satanists do not believe in the devil or God.
come on!!! surely they worship Satan!!!!