DIvine Seed

DIvine Seed

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
19 Jun 16

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Let's see. In your preceding post you stated "I am not judging you or anyone for that matter" and then in your last post "My posts are judgmental because I have been here over 10 years and discussing these issues with the same people."

So which is it? How can you state that you are not judging anyone and then in your next breath acknowledge that your posts are judgmental?

You are weakened sir by your inconsistency.
That is so simple, I can have my 5 yr old niece splain it to you.

Judgmental can describe how I write describing churches and some types of church doctrines.

Judging someone is different and I dont do that, neither do I know anyone personally and well enough to make a judgment about them. I always maintain the following:
- I neither tell people about myself on an internet chat site, nor do I ask them about themselves personally.
- that Christ is the only authority that can judge people.

eg I dont know sonship or checkbaiter personally, I know of their doctrines and their beliefs. I do not generally agree with their beliefs so I condemn those beliefs. For all I know they can both be living very good Christlike lives, and I hope they do. I hope you do as well.

There is weakness in your interpretation of what I wrote.

Moves
19 Jun 16

Originally posted by Rajk999
That is so simple, I can have my 5 yr old niece splain it to you.

Judgmental can describe how I write describing churches and some types of church doctrines.

Judging someone is different and I dont do that, neither do I know anyone personally and well enough to make a judgment about them. I always maintain the following:
- I neither tell people about ...[text shortened]... ope they do. I hope you do as well.

There is weakness in your interpretation of what I wrote.
Weakness? Beh.

Atheists are the strength in the universe.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
19 Jun 16

Weakness? Beh.

Atheists are the strength in the universe.
So mentally strong that they cannot be absolutely sure about anything. Not even their own existence. Meh.

Moves
19 Jun 16

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
So mentally strong that they cannot be absolutely sure about anything. Not even their own existence. Meh.
It takes mental strength to accept uncertainty, and yet live a full and productive life. Mental weakness is the need to consume the 'opium of the masses' to numb the reality of existence and truth of how insignificant we are in the great scheme of things.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
20 Jun 16
5 edits

It takes mental strength to accept uncertainty, and yet live a full and productive life. Mental weakness is the need to consume the 'opium of the masses' to numb the reality of existence and truth of how insignificant we are in the great scheme of things.

So you adopt a "realist" approach and embrace the void with a stiff upper lip. "It takes courage to admit that we are meaningless and in a hostile empty universe."

You've shown your rights of passage by embracing atheism and nihilism with a smile.

After that initial high wears off you may want to explore something else. Then some of us having had the thrill of a macho acceptance utter insignificance may want to see something else.

Then some of us want to hear Jesus - what He says, how He lived, what He claims.
Some of us want to say "Okay, we did the nihilism thing for awhile. Now we'd like to look into Jesus Christ."

Moves
20 Jun 16

Originally posted by sonship

So you adopt a "realist" approach and embrace the void with a stiff upper lip. "It ...[text shortened]... nt to say "Okay, we did the nihilism thing for awhile. Now we'd like to look into Jesus Christ."
I don't think it's helpful to add your own vocabulary to what i've described.

Ignoring my comment about 'living a full and productive life' you jump on 'how insignificant we are' and relabel this 'nihilism' and how life is 'meaningless.'

Please think on that for a moment. Would meaningless adequately define a life that is full and productive? I fully accept that you need God in your life to give meaning. I don't.

Religion puts man on a pedestal, makes him special and unlike any other creature that inhabits the Earth. I say that is just wishful thinking. Man is no more significant than a donkey or a tortoise. Life is life. But that doesn't mean I think life is without meaning or isn't worth while.

Life is miraculous. (Though perhaps not in the sense you understand it).

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
20 Jun 16

Ignoring my comment about 'living a full and productive life' you jump on 'how insignificant we are' and relabel this 'nihilism' and how life is 'meaningless.'

Please think on that for a moment. Would meaningless adequately define a life that is full and productive? I ...[text shortened]... isn't worth while.

Life is miraculous. (Though perhaps not in the sense you understand it).

Okay. Let's pull out the objectionable use of my vocabulary.

I'll take that point too. You did talk about living productively.

Please think on that for a moment. Would meaningless adequately define a life that is full and productive?

No. Full and productive would certainly mean for at least that person it was so. Hopefully for others it would mean so.

I fully accept that you need God in your life to give meaning. I don't.

So you have no need of God ?

If God says you have need of God then God is not right ?
I have no problem turning around after the end of a week and thanking God.

I once had a very bad contraversy with some highschool teachers who teamed up on me to criticize me. I see now that they were really trying to HELP me. I didn't take it as help at that time. And I made known to them that I did not need them.

They got the message and said "So you are saying that you do not need us."
I remained silent. But that was the bottom line of my argument.

In hindsight I realize that though I had a bad attitude then, actually I DID need them.

I think your attitude toward God is like that at this time.
I have to suspend writing right now.
See you latter.

Moves
20 Jun 16

Okay. Let's pull out the objectionable use of my vocabulary.

I'll take that ...[text shortened]... de toward God is like that at this time.
I have to suspend writing right now.
See you latter.
No problem.

In truth, I probably do have a need for God, but that doesn't really get me anywhere when I lack belief in the existence of such a divine being.

Life is a daily battle at the moment, due mostly to my inability to sleep. I worry each morning that I just won't have the energy to get out of bed and face the day ahead. I worry that i will lose my job, my house, my family. Insomnia is totally soul destroying and has an accumulative affect. (Disclaimer: I'm not saying I believe in the existence of the soul!) Divine assistance would be greatly appreciated, but is, alas, off my hope radar.

Apologies for my previous craggy post. You know, lack of sleep and all that.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
20 Jun 16
2 edits

Life is a daily battle at the moment, due mostly to my inability to sleep. I worry each morning that I just won't have the energy to get out of bed and face the day ahead. I worry that i will lose my job, my house, my family. Insomnia is totally soul destroying and has an accumulative affect. (Disclaimer: I'm not saying I believe in the existence of the soul!) Divine assistance would be greatly appreciated, but is, alas, off my hope radar.

Apologies for my previous craggy post. You know, lack of sleep and all that.

You may not know it, but things on your conscience may be giving you restlessness and lack of peace.

I said, unforgiven offenses, wrong doings, transgressions are on your conscience. These can rob you of peace and you may not even realize that that is the case.

Let's pretend for a moment that I am you. (Strictly hypothetical). Knowing what I know about the Savior Jesus I would have a TIME with God in a detailed and thorough confession.

You are not going to recall and capture the memory of every sinful thing. Far from it. But if you demonstrate to God that you agree with Him about your sins confessing the known ones - one by one, I bet you would gain a peace within.

You would sleep better. Here's a demonstration.

" Dear God, I come to You in confession of some sins I am aware of. Dear God I have been told that if I confess my sins in the name of the Lord Jesus the Son of God, you will righteously cleanse me of my sins, forget my sins and purify the stains on my character and the uneasiness in my conscience.

Lord, what I SAID to that person, I confess now in the name of Jesus, I was wrong.
Lord, what I gazed at with my eyes, I now confess that was my sinning.Forgive me.

Lord Jesus, the gossip that I let fill my ear and mind the other day? I sinned Lord. Forgive me.

Lord Jesus, when I did this, I sinned. Cleanse me now in Your precious redemption.
Lord Jesus, when I did that, I also offended You. Cleanse me now in Your precious blood. "

You may find that even an hour is not enough for you to recall all the sins you have done. But the good part is that you step out on faith thanking God for His redemptive work in Christ.

Peace will pervade your heart. And I bet dollars to donuts - You'll sleep like a newborn baby for the sins upon your conscience have been obliterated, washed away, cleansed away under the redeeming blood of Jesus Christ.

I would hope you read this post one more time before you respond.
And if you intend a cynical response, I would first ask you.

What do you have to lose, if you apply this advice ?

Moves
20 Jun 16

[quote] Life is a daily battle at the moment, due mostly to my inability to sleep. I worry each morning that I just won't have the energy to get out of bed and face the day ahead. I worry that i will lose my job, my house, my family. Insomnia is totally soul destroying and has an accumulative affect. (Disclaimer: I'm not saying I believe in the existence of ...[text shortened]... esponse, I would first ask you.

[b]What do you have to lose, if you apply this advice ?
[/b]
I thank you taking the time to respond. An uneasy mind/conscience can indeed be a cause of sleeplessness and I by no means have lived a sin free life.- My own insomnia however has physical causes which I am unable to manage. (As well as being resigned to the fact that i wont sleep).

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
20 Jun 16

I thank you taking the time to respond. An uneasy mind/conscience can indeed be a cause of sleeplessness and I by no means have lived a sin free life.- My own insomnia however has physical causes which I am unable to manage. (As well as being resigned to the fact that i wont sleep).
I apologize for what should have been confidential.
I got carried away.

Moves
21 Jun 16

I apologize for what should have been confidential.
I got carried away.
No worries. I raised the issue.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
21 Jun 16

No worries. I raised the issue.
Have you tried taking some magnesium tablets?

My dad used to have insomnia and eventually found out it was because of a magnesium deficit.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
21 Jun 16

You talk about a great scheme of things as if we aren't here just by some freak accident.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
21 Jun 16

I think there is one verse in the Bible meant for you. I only share it with you with the sincere hope that you do find rest.

Matthew 11:28-30

28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”