Discrimination against Christians in UK

Discrimination against Christians in UK

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Aug 15

Originally posted by redbadger
on a slightly different note no roman catholic or Jew has ever been Prime minister of the UK. That is not to say they were all religious.
How about a Muslim?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
26 Aug 15

Originally posted by RJHinds
How about a Muslim?
Or a right wing religious nutter like you.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
26 Aug 15
1 edit

on a slightly different note no roman catholic or Jew has ever been Prime minister of the UK. That is not to say they were all religious.
Disraeli one of the nations greatest PMs was Jewish.

And Tony Blair was Catholic. (though not when PM due to constitutional complications)

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
26 Aug 15

Originally posted by wolfgang59

And Tony Blair was Catholic. (though not when PM due to constitutional complications)
Picky picky🙂

Moves
26 Aug 15

Yes, I did find that rather amusing.

TB - "I am currently a protestant because being a Catholic while in office would cause
problems, I will convert [change what it is that I believe to be true] after I leave office..."

ME - "Wait a minute.... You are claiming to currently believe the tenets of the Anglican
religion and to believe that Catholic claims such as the Pope being the anointed messenger
of god [or whatever] and transubstantiation are wrong and untrue... And yet you are also
claiming that at some near point in the future you will believe that those things are true and
that your current position is wrong and untrue.... How does that work?? Are you sure you're
not just pretending to change what you believe to stop your Catholic wife from nagging you
all the time?"

However that hypocrisy was one of the least hypocritical and concerning episodes of TB's tenure.

I still want him to go to jail for the rest of his natural life... And then some. [but that's a different subject]

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
26 Aug 15

Originally posted by googlefudge
Yes, I did find that rather amusing.

TB - "I am currently a protestant because being a Catholic while in office would cause
problems, I will convert [change what it is that I believe to be true] after I leave office..."

ME - "Wait a minute.... You are claiming to currently believe the tenets of the Anglican
religion and to believe that Cathol ...[text shortened]... o go to jail for the rest of his natural life... And then some. [but that's a different subject]
Didn't Henry VIII do the same thing (on his death bed) or did i dream that?

r
Suzzie says Badger

is Racist Bastard

Moves
26 Aug 15

afraid not at the age of 12 he was christened Anglican

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
29 Aug 15

afraid not at the age of 12 he was christened Anglican
He was still Jewish, just hypocritically baptizing into a christian church does not all of a sudden wipe out your Jewish heritage.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
29 Aug 15
2 edits

Originally posted by googlefudge
I would like to see where they got that number from, as I didn't believe [sadly] that it was that high.
I checked, the figure (that 48% of people in UK have "no faith" ) is bunk. The most reliable figure for this comes from the relevant 2011 census data table [1]. 33 million of 56 million people in England and Wales described themselves as Christian (58%.). The next largest religion was Islam at 4.8%. 14 million described themselves as having no religion (25%.) and 4 million did not respond to the question (7%.).

[1] http://www.nomisweb.co.uk/census/2011/QS208EW/view/2092957703?cols=measures

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
29 Aug 15

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Didn't Henry VIII do the same thing (on his death bed) or did i dream that?
You're probably thinking of Charles II who did convert on his deathbed.

Cape Town

Moves
29 Aug 15

Originally posted by sonhouse
He was still Jewish, just hypocritically baptizing into a christian church does not all of a sudden wipe out your Jewish heritage.
In the context of the thread it was the Jewish religion not 'heritage' that was meant.

So what does it take to wipe out your Jewish heritage? Is every descendant of every Jew Jewish by heritage?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
29 Aug 15

Originally posted by twhitehead
In the context of the thread it was the Jewish religion not 'heritage' that was meant.

So what does it take to wipe out your Jewish heritage? Is every descendant of every Jew Jewish by heritage?
On the female side, yes.

r
Suzzie says Badger

is Racist Bastard

Moves
29 Aug 15

the whole family became C of E , I married a Catholic in a time when it was not prudent to do so, her parents wanted me to convert or they would not attend the wedding my parents said if I changed to catholic they would not attend.

r
Suzzie says Badger

is Racist Bastard

Moves
29 Aug 15

Or a right wing religious nutter like you.
probably

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
29 Aug 15

On the female side, yes.
Really? My mother's, mother was born Jewish, but converted when she married my mother's father. Are you saying that makes me Jewish?