Did jesus ...

Did jesus ...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S

Moves
19 Jan 06

... suffer as much as we're led to believe ... even though he knew he was coming back ?

a

Forgotten

Moves
19 Jan 06
1 edit

Originally posted by STANG
... suffer as much as we're led to believe ... even though he knew he was coming back ?
I have no doubt in my mind that He felt all the pain that is humanly possible to feel during his captivity and execution.
If I were Him I would have equipped my Disiples with heavy assalt rifles and about 2000 rounds for each and took out the Romans.
But thats me.( I mean as the Son of God He could have done this..if not then God isnt all powerfull)

Cape Town

Moves
19 Jan 06

What, if any, was the purpose of the suffering ?

Vn

Moves
19 Jan 06

There were many martyrs, immaculate conceptions and prophets during the time of Jesus...due to various circumstancess he became highlighted and the rest is history

w
your king.

H.Q.

Moves
19 Jan 06

Originally posted by aspviper666
I have no doubt in my mind that He felt all the pain that is humanly possible to feel during his captivity and execution.
If I were Him I would have equipped my Disiples with heavy assalt rifles and about 2000 rounds for each and took out the Romans.
But thats me.( I mean as the Son of God He could have done this..if not then God isnt all powerfull)
his purpose in life was to die....he did and losing life is more powerful than taking lives as it is a lot harder to do....try it if you wish?????

J

Moves
19 Jan 06

Originally posted by windmill
his purpose in life was to die....
Was it?

The Light came into the world, but people loved darkness.
What if people would simply have listened?

Was death truely required by God or is it really US who required the blood sacrifice?

w

Moves
19 Jan 06

According to the Bible he was a man of many sorrows and was then crucified. If you call that suffering then I guess my answer is yes!

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
19 Jan 06

Originally posted by JadeMantis
Was death truely required by God or is it really US who required the blood sacrifice?
...or the myth of a blood sacrifice.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
20 Jan 06

It's rumoured he said, just before the Roman soldier stuck a spear in him: "By jove...this has all went pear-shaped."

J

Moves
20 Jan 06

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
...or the myth of a blood sacrifice.
Even then, it would be some human need that drives the creation of such a myth. It would still be us and not God who placed it there.