Did Jesus actually die?

Did Jesus actually die?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a

Forgotten

Moves
20 Dec 05

Did Jesus actually die?
according to the scriptures he couldnt have used the fakirs trick of slowing his heart down and faking death and then faking resurrection
rememeber his side was pierced and the blood and water had seperated??? i would think as a soldier to piece into the organ cavity into the heart also to insure the person had died

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
20 Dec 05

Originally posted by aspviper666
Did Jesus actually die?
according to the scriptures he couldnt have used the fakirs trick of slowing his heart down and faking death and then faking resurrection
rememeber his side was pierced and the blood and water had seperated??? i would think as a soldier to piece into the organ cavity into the heart also to insure the person had died
Ah,yes. Maybe those things you describe (piercing of vital organs with a pointy stick) were standard practice, and were added later to 'prove' Jesus' divinity. We've all seen TV shows, or played Chinese whispers, where the message that comes back has been exagerated from the actual event.

No, my post suggested that Jesus may have been rescued before he died.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
20 Dec 05

A Physician Testifies About the Crucifixion
by Dr. C. Truman Davis

http://www.konnections.com/Kcundick/crucifix.html

a

Moves
20 Dec 05

Did Jesus actually die?

Well, let me answer that with my own question: Did Jesus actually live?

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
20 Dec 05

Originally posted by checkbaiter
by Dr. C. Truman Davis

Okay, well the Italian renaisance painters homo-erotic 'picture' of Jesus at the top of this article does not inspire a great deal of confidence.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
21 Dec 05
1 edit

by Dr. C. Truman Davis

So, you've got a guy using some emphatic language about an event at which he wasn't present. Fine. We know, however, that crucifixion did exist, his medical opinion of how horrible it would be is duely noted, but that DOESN'T PROVE IT HAPPENNED TO JESUS, OR THAT HE ACTUALLY DIED IN THE PROCESS. This 'testimony' does not prove Jesus was not actually rescued or escaped, and the accounts of his ressurection falsified.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
21 Dec 05

Originally posted by abejnood
Did Jesus actually die?

Well, let me answer that with my own question: Did Jesus actually live?
A good question abejnood, and deservedly asked.

I have no problem with some guy called Jesus actually existing, or even being crucified. I simply have issue with his subsequent resurection. If he died, he died. If he didn't that's fine too, but in my book it's got to be one or the other....

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Dec 05

Originally posted by scottishinnz
So, you've got a guy using some emphatic language about an event at which he wasn't present. Fine. We know, however, that crucifixion did exist, his medical opinion of how horrible it would be is duely noted, but that DOESN'T PROVE IT HAPPENNED TO JESUS, OR THAT HE ACTUALLY DIED IN THE PROCESS. This 'testimony' does not prove Jesus was not actually rescued or escaped, and the accounts of his ressurection falsified.
No, your right. He probably got back up, got a blood transfusion and went to Mexico and opened a Taco stand. Makes more sense to me too!😉

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
21 Dec 05

No, your right. He probably got back up, got a blood transfusion and went to Mexico and opened a Taco stand. Makes more sense to me too!😉
I never stated that either. Re-read my original post for my view on the situation.

m

Moves
21 Dec 05

Originally posted by fooey
Yes. Human nature.
Human nature is to survive.

m

Moves
21 Dec 05

The evidence for the existence of Jesus is far greater than the existence of Alexander the great.This fact is backed up by not only christian historians but by seular ones as well.If honest research is done on this matter you will find the truth. ps.I find it odd that so many so called atheists want to talk about God.

m

Moves
21 Dec 05

Human nature is to live.

a

Forgotten

Moves
21 Dec 05

ya gots ta believe andy griffith

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
21 Dec 05

Originally posted by mattlock
Human nature is to survive.
And for our ideas and beliefs to survive.

f

Jupiter

Moves
21 Dec 05

Originally posted by mattlock
Human nature is to live.
Human nature also encompasses a truly scary ability to believe absolute nonsense through an urge to belong.