Did Adam and Eve ........

Did Adam and Eve ........

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d

Riding the Atom Bomb

Moves
13 Jun 05

Did Adam and Eve have belly buttons?
(there was no umbilical cord)

f

Moves
13 Jun 05

Originally posted by dale21
Did Adam and Eve have belly buttons?
(there was no umbilical cord)
I suppose your dying to know

d

Riding the Atom Bomb

Moves
13 Jun 05

Originally posted by flyUnity
I suppose your dying to know
when i die i ll know? ha

d

Riding the Atom Bomb

Moves
14 Jun 05

Shall we have a vote....
who reckons they did have belly buttons?

o
Paralysed analyst

On a ship of fools

Moves
14 Jun 05

Well, the question assumes an Adam and Eve created by God, yes? Just making that clear, because lots of your readers won't agree with that.

But, GIVEN that, I would say no, they didn't have belly buttons. There's no reason to have them, because they weren't ever babies inside a womb.

m
Official Bitch

US of A

Moves
14 Jun 05

Originally posted by orfeo
Well, the question assumes an Adam and Eve created by God, yes? Just making that clear, because lots of your readers won't agree with that.

But, GIVEN that, I would say no, they didn't have belly buttons. There's no reason to have them, because they weren't ever babies inside a womb.
Agreed.

d

Riding the Atom Bomb

Moves
14 Jun 05

Wouldnt their kids think they were freaks. lol

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
14 Jun 05

According to the Bible, God has all sorts of human body parts: hands, feet, eyes, ears, heart, lungs, mouth. and nose.

So does God also have a belly button?

Otherwise, yeah, I'd say that Adam and Eve have no belly button. Notice I say have since to me these are just literary figures and so they continue to be in the present.

Also do xtians believe that we have as many ribs as Adam has before or after one is taken to make Eve?

A
Dog Companion

Rain Forest

Moves
15 Jun 05

Of course, Adam and Eve had belly buttons....that's were God pokes you to see if you are done!

😉

d

Riding the Atom Bomb

Moves
15 Jun 05

Originally posted by Aynat
Of course, Adam and Eve had belly buttons....that's were God pokes you to see if you are done!

😉
Ha Ha. nice thought. like a well baked loaf of bread

n

Moves
15 Jun 05

I would say no, they didn't have belly buttons. There's no reason to have them, because they weren't ever babies inside a womb.
how do you know this? it never said how Adam was created (a side from being from dust).

U
Solacriptura

Moves
15 Jun 05

Originally posted by telerion
According to the Bible, God has all sorts of human body parts: hands, feet, eyes, ears, heart, lungs, mouth. and nose.

So does God also have a belly button?

Otherwise, yeah, I'd say that Adam and Eve have no belly button. Notice I say have since to me these are just literary figures and so they continue to be in the present.

Also do xtians believe that we have as many ribs as Adam has before or after one is taken to make Eve?
Yes, He was born of the virgin Mary, so yes, he does have a belly button.

Una

d

Riding the Atom Bomb

Moves
15 Jun 05

Originally posted by Una

Una
we were talkin about adam and eve werent we? did they come out of mary too? now im lost...

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
16 Jun 05

Originally posted by Una

Una
So does God have an umbelical cord in Gen, or does he acquire one in the NT?

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
16 Jun 05

Originally posted by dale21
we were talkin about adam and eve werent we? did they come out of mary too? now im lost...
One would have to wonder why Adam or Eve would have an umbelical cord.

Are we just ironing out a theological wrinkle?