1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Sep '22 02:56
    @kellyjay said
    Do you think Biden should draw criticism for flying people all over the country at night
    without fanfare and just dropping them off everywhere without notice?
    Is this "whataboutism" based on a Christian perspective?

If so, could you tell me where "whataboutism" is supported by the words of Christ in your religion's scripture?
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Sep '22 03:16
    @fmf said
    Is this "whataboutism" based on a Christian perspective?

If so, could you tell me where "whataboutism" is supported by the words of Christ in your religion's scripture?
    I don't need to talk to you, you can tell me what I think even when I'm not.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Sep '22 03:49
    @kellyjay said
    I don't need to talk to you, you can tell me what I think even when I'm not.
    How can your "whataboutism" be proposed as a Christian perspective?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Sep '22 09:452 edits
    @kellyjay said
    Do you think Biden should draw criticism for flying people all over the country at night
    without fanfare and just dropping them off everywhere without notice?
    My moral compass tells me that what DeSantis did with those human beings was sheer wickedness. It's the kind of sociopathic behaviour that ought to disqualify him from public office.

Then again, I'm not a Christian, so Christians [like you] might look at their "true north"and disagree.

If Biden had done exactly what DeSantis did last week, or Liz Chaney had, or Lindsey Graham, or Hilary Clinton, or Mitt Romney, or Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, or Mike Pence, Katie Porter, or Kevin McCarthy had treated those humans in that way, or whoever had done it, I'd say the same thing. No "whataboutism" from me.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Sep '22 10:40
    @fmf said
    How can your "whataboutism" be proposed as a Christian perspective?
    Why ask me, you know what I know even if I tell you, you are wrong.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Sep '22 10:44
    @kellyjay said
    Why ask me, you know what I know even if I tell you, you are wrong.
    Why ask me?

Because I am interested in how you think your "whataboutism" can be framed as a Christian perspective.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Sep '22 11:54
    @fmf said
    Why ask me?

Because I am interested in how you think your "whataboutism" can be framed as a Christian perspective.
    If you cared about my perspective you'd listen to me when I gave it to you, instead
    of correcting me about it as I tell you. Now you got another insulting term for your
    psychobabble "whataboutism" this is just one more example of how you do not give
    a rat's ass about other's thoughts, you just want to categorize them into little boxes
    for your amusement I suppose.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Sep '22 12:14
    @kellyjay said
    If you cared about my perspective you'd listen to me when I gave it to you, instead
    of correcting me about it as I tell you. Now you got another insulting term for your
    psychobabble "whataboutism"
    The term "whataboutism" is not psychobabble. It's a description of the rhetorical device you are using.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Sep '22 12:17
    @kellyjay said
    you do not give
    a rat's ass about other's thoughts, you just want to categorize them into little boxes
    for your amusement I suppose.
    What Biden did or didn't do, aside, what is a Christian perspective on what DeSantis did earlier this week? I am interested in your thoughts.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Sep '22 12:22
    @fmf said
    The term "whataboutism" is not psychobabble. It's a description of the rhetorical device you are using.
    Who cares!
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Sep '22 12:281 edit
    @kellyjay said
    Who cares!
    I do. I am interested in your Christian perspective on what DeSantis did to those human beings earlier this week. I don't have one because I am not a Christian. But my moral compass enables me to express an unequivocal view. Doesn't yours enable you to do the same?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Sep '22 12:29
    @kellyjay said
    Who cares!
    You cared enough to take the time to falsely claim that the term "whataboutism" is "psychobabble".
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Sep '22 12:57
    @kellyjay said
    Now you got another insulting term for your
    psychobabble "whataboutism"
    "Whataboutism" is the flapping and fluttering sound when someone's "true north" is blowing in wind.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Sep '22 17:44
    @KellyJay
    Flap and flutter.

You have admitted that your moral compass is "broken" repeatedly. And now you have demonstrated that it is, indeed, the case.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Sep '22 09:27
    @kellyjay said
    Who cares!
    You do, apparently, enough anyway - to have posted for 4 pages on this thread - albeit without answering the question: What is your Christian perspective on DeSantis's deed in and of itself?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree