deplorable elders

deplorable elders

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
26 Aug 13

Originally posted by checkbaiter
I believe that was a one time phenomenon. Speaking in tongues was new, and God wanted some to hear what was being said.
Now, can you tell me why you ignore the verses I posted?
Perhaps I've missed your answer but I still can't find it where I asked what languages do these people today speak in that have been granted this gift?
If there is no one you need to answer, or if there are truly some that have suddenly began to speak some foreign language that others can clearly understand in order to be taught spiritual matters, let me know.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Aug 13

Originally posted by galveston75
Perhaps I've missed your answer but I still can't find it where I asked what languages do these people today speak in that have been granted this gift?
If there is no one you need to answer, or if there are truly some that have suddenly began to speak some foreign language that others can clearly understand in order to be taught spiritual matters, let me know.
I don't know what language, 1 Corinth 13:1 says tongues of men or angels. Paul also said we don't know how to pray, and exhorts us to pray in the spirit, which is speaking in tongues. We play a role, but the spirit in us does the speaking..

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
26 Aug 13

I don't know what language, 1 Corinth 13:1 says tongues of men or angels. Paul also said we don't know how to pray, and exhorts us to pray in the spirit, which is speaking in tongues. We play a role, but the spirit in us does the speaking..
Well as Robbie said back then it was a clear and understandable languages that we speak today in many nations accross the world. It was to teach where teaching had never been done before. It was the first time Jesus followers were to teach outside the Jewish system and he commisioned them to go to the whole known world then.

Today the general explination of speaking in tongues is what we all hear and see in the media with a bunch of ranting and raving with crazy yelling with words that no one can understand as their eyes roll back in their head. In fact it is a very demonic sound and would freek out the general public to hear that.

So if you know of another type of speaking in tongues other then what I just described and would actually be serving a teaching purpose, I'd like to know about it.

But in all my years on this earth, I've never seen that clear teaching type of speaking in tongues that the immediate followers of Jesus were allowed to do.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
26 Aug 13

"and exhorts us to pray in the spirit, which is speaking in tongues"

What does this mean? Does the bible instruct us to speak in some other language other then what we normally speak in?
Could you show me this with scripture?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Aug 13

"and exhorts us to pray in the spirit, which is speaking in tongues"

What does this mean? Does the bible instruct us to speak in some other language other then what we normally speak in?
Could you show me this with scripture?
If you are really interested, click here...
http://www.truthortradition.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1026

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
26 Aug 13

That link starts off with nonsense so I could not continue. The guy says:

"What is Speaking in Tongues and why does God say in 1 Corinthians 14:5 that He would like each Christian to do it?"

Paul says that. When God speaks the Bible records it "And God said" or" And the Lord God said unto .." Its is foolish to say that everything Paul wrote means that God said it. Paul is saying that he would like them all to be able to do it .. speak in tongues. That is not God saying it.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Aug 13

Originally posted by Rajk999
That link starts off with nonsense so I could not continue. The guy says:

"What is Speaking in Tongues and why does God say in 1 Corinthians 14:5 that He would like each Christian to do it?"

Paul says that. When God speaks the Bible records it "And God said" or" And the Lord God said unto .." Its is foolish to say that everything Paul wrote mean ...[text shortened]... he would like them all to be able to do it .. speak in tongues. That is not God saying it.
Your comments are very foolish. Everything in the scriptures is "God breathed", including everything said by Paul, John, Peter, James, Habakkuk, Psalms, etc.!!
Gal 1:11-12

11 But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. 12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ.
NKJV

2 Peter 1:20-21
20 knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation, 21 for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.
NKJV

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
26 Aug 13

Your comments are very foolish. Everything in the scriptures is "God breathed", including everything said by Paul, John, Peter, James, Habakkuk, Psalms, etc.!!

11 But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. 12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came thr ...[text shortened]... me by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.
NKJV
What is scripture? Are you reading the same scripture which Christ and Paul used? Paul used primarily the Septuagint. Do you have that?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
26 Aug 13

11 But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. 12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came thr ...[text shortened]... me by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.
NKJV
The gospel is a specific body of knowledge which Paul received from Christ. That gospel is contained in what Paul preached. Not everything Paul wrote in his letters to the churches is the gospel.

Pauls writings contains loads of things about his travels, the people he met and his experiences etc. Not everything in Pauls writings came from God. The gospel came from God.

Here is an example :

1 Cor 7:25-26 Now concerning virgins I have no commandment of the Lord: yet I give my judgment, as one that hath obtained mercy of the Lord to be faithful. I suppose therefore that this is good for the present distress, I say, that it is good for a man so to be.

Who is speaking? God?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
26 Aug 13

I'd prefer you to answer my question...

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Aug 13

I give up, believe what you want...

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Aug 13

You perfer many things that you are not going to get.

The Instructor

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
26 Aug 13

I give up, believe what you want...
No comment on Paul saying clearly .. ".. I have no commandment of the Lord: yet I give my judgment.. ,"

Paul said that. Not God. Everything in the Bible is 'God inspired' .. not 'said by God'. There is big difference.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Aug 13

Originally posted by Rajk999
No comment on Paul saying clearly .. ".. I have no commandment of the Lord: yet I give my judgment.. ,"

Paul said that. Not God. Everything in the Bible is 'God inspired' .. not 'said by God'. There is big difference.
The only times this is true is when he states as such...like the verse you pointed out.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
26 Aug 13
2 edits

The only times this is true is when he states as such...like the verse you pointed out.
So my post was right then :

>> That link starts off with nonsense so I could not continue. The guy says:

Paul says that. When God speaks the Bible records it "And God said" or" And the Lord God said unto .." Its is foolish to say that everything Paul wrote means that God said it. Paul is saying that he would like them all to be able to do it .. speak in tongues. That is not God saying it.<<

And your friend, on the website to which you seem very attached [judging from the amount of times you quote those jokers], is very wrong to say that ''God Said ..." when in fact its Paul who said it.

Notice how Paul says it in a very similar way. Paul is saying that he would like them to be able to speak in tongues.