Defending against spiritual attacks

Defending against spiritual attacks

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
20 Oct 13

The problem is, witchcraft is not fantasy; it is a sinful reality in our world.

“J.K. Rowling, the author of the Harry Potter series, has gone through an awful lot of research. She is very accurate (otherwise we would have witches all over the country and the world saying ‘this is not a true representation of our religion.&rsquo😉 This is a true representation of witchcraft, and the black arts, and black magic. And yet we have people that say this is merely fantasy and harmless reading for our children. Actually, what makes this more dangerous is that it is couched in fantasy language, and children’s literature, and made to be humorous, and beautifully written and extremely provocative reading. and it just opens up children to want to have the next one. This is what is so harmful.” [12]

http://christiananswers.net/q-eden/harrypotter.html

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
20 Oct 13

Originally posted by Pudgenik
I find Grampy Bobby extreemly intellectual.
In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
20 Oct 13

Originally posted by checkbaiter
The problem is, witchcraft is not fantasy; it is a sinful reality in our world.

“J.K. Rowling, the author of the Harry Potter series, has gone through an awful lot of research. She is very accurate (otherwise we would have witches all over the country and the world saying ‘this is not a true representation of our religion.&rsquo😉 This is a true represe ...[text shortened]... xt one. This is what is so harmful.” [12]

http://christiananswers.net/q-eden/harrypotter.html
What are you people smokin' across the pond?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Oct 13

Originally posted by Proper Knob
What are you people smokin' across the pond?
Heavenly hash?...🙂

Cape Town

Moves
21 Oct 13

This is a spirituality forum of many opinions and many levels of comprehention, faith and knowledge. Just because i may not agree with some does not mean they are not welcome. All are welcome here.
Yet the extremely intelectual Grampy Bobby would rather I didn't come here because I ask too many difficult questions.

Nil desperandum

Seedy piano bar

Moves
21 Oct 13

Those who know the reality of the spiritual have no doubt there is a real presence of darkness in the world. It doesn't matter if you are Christain, Pagan, Wiccan, or of another group. We all know, the darkness is real. So how do you deal with it.
May I add a few thoughts that occur to me on this debate? The only darkness that you perceive is in your own heart and mind. The only good you perceive is in your own heart and mind. Where I see beauty someone else sees ugliness. When I fear the darkness another man sees hope. If I am in the valley of darkness I will ask he who is on top of the hill to shed light. The manicheeism of dark / good is, in my view, an illusion. Does evil exist? Certainly, but only lurking in the darks of ignorant people. Does beauty and goodness exist? Absolutely, but only in the love of enlightened people. To equate God with moral good and Satan with immoral evil is, in my I opinion, misguided. All is subjective.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
21 Oct 13

Originally posted by Pianoman1
May I add a few thoughts that occur to me on this debate? The only darkness that you perceive is in your own heart and mind. The only good you perceive is in your own heart and mind. Where I see beauty someone else sees ugliness. When I fear the darkness another man sees hope. If I am in the valley of darkness I will ask he who is on top of the hill to she ...[text shortened]... d with moral good and Satan with immoral evil is, in my I opinion, misguided. All is subjective.
Very well😵

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
22 Oct 13

Originally posted by Pianoman1
May I add a few thoughts that occur to me on this debate? The only darkness that you perceive is in your own heart and mind. The only good you perceive is in your own heart and mind. Where I see beauty someone else sees ugliness. When I fear the darkness another man sees hope. If I am in the valley of darkness I will ask he who is on top of the hill to she ...[text shortened]... d with moral good and Satan with immoral evil is, in my I opinion, misguided. All is subjective.
I would disagree, the only way you'd grasp darkness is if you'd have some
light to reveal it. How many sources of light you know spit out darkness,
or how many areas of light you know are dark? If we are getting a glimpse
of light I'd say there is a source that is different than darkness.
Kelly

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
22 Oct 13

There are two equal and opposite errors into which our race can fall about the devils. One is to disbelieve in their existence. The other is to believe, and to feel an excessive and unhealthy interest in them. They themselves are equally pleased by both errors and hail a materialist or a magician with the same delight

C.S. Lewis

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
22 Oct 13

James 4:7........

7 Submit therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. 8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded

Manny

P

Moves
24 Oct 13

Originally posted by sonhouse
You know, that stuff that comes with the invisible non-existent god to defend against the non-existent satan.

It's like we don't have enough bad people here on Earth, he has to create even MORE bad dudes, whole minions of invisible non-existent baddies.
Don't worry Sonhouse, my winged friends and i are constantly at war with All the "bad dudes", all the "minions of invisible non-existing baddies". We like kicking ass.

P

Moves
24 Oct 13

Originally posted by twhitehead
Yet the extremely intelectual Grampy Bobby would rather I didn't come here because I ask too many difficult questions.
ask away.

Don't feel bad, i'm too spiritual, maybe!!! LOL

P

Moves
24 Oct 13

The answer to defending against spiritual attacks is simply LOVE. Open your heart to God's love for you, Mix it with your love for your spouse, child, friend, etc. and pour it out into that person. Works wonders. If you are a pastor, same concept. Pour the love into the parishioners. They will be more attentive to hearing the word and pay attention to the service more fully. Most distraction from the darkness will vanish. Something like God's recipe.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
24 Oct 13

Don't worry Sonhouse, my winged friends and i are constantly at war with All the "bad dudes", all the "minions of invisible non-existing baddies". We like kicking ass.
I don't want to get personal but it's quite frightening to think you actually believe this!

P

Moves
24 Oct 13

Originally posted by black beetle
Once you 'll taste a Hobgoblin you 'll succumb😵
had to laugh