DEADLY SIN THINGYS

DEADLY SIN THINGYS

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rkr

FORT WORTH

Moves
19 Mar 05

hey somebody told me about the deadly sins that i never heard of before. i searched them and i could remember a few. PRIDE. SANDNESS. ANGER? i have pride every single day. does god want us to be a bunch of pansies? sadness and anger comes every once in a while. you cant stop yourself from being angry or sad. and lust? i think everyone is going to hell on these rules. i dont like them.

rkr

FORT WORTH

Moves
19 Mar 05

since i have committed almost all of these am i going to hell?

rkr

FORT WORTH

Moves
19 Mar 05

i think i have the answer. i kinda been studying if you put it that way. "believe in the lord christ and thou shall be saved." christ died on the cross for our sins. so no sin can send you too hell, UNLESS you judge people. people who judge people will be judged. so god will likely send you to hell for your sins. but the word that i think rules over all is what my dad has told me since i was born and which i memorized when i was like 3 "believe in the lord christ and thou shall be saved." that is so comforting. lol.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
19 Mar 05

Originally posted by red king richie128
hey somebody told me about the deadly sins that i never heard of before. i searched them and i could remember a few. PRIDE. SANDNESS. ANGER? i have pride every single day. does god want us to be a bunch of pansies? sadness and anger comes every once in a while. you cant stop yourself from being angry or sad. and lust? i think everyone is going to hell on these rules. i dont like them.

"Pride" as one of the seven sins should not be interpreted as "pride" in the sence that you are proud of for instance your achievements in school, at work, or of yourself or your family members for achieving things. The deadly sin "Pride", also known as "Vanity" refers to a consistent and more or less extreme arrogance and the willingness to let this attitude determine your relationship with God, your fellow men and the willingness to let it guide you in making decisions in life.

The same thing goes for anger (Wrath) and Lust ...... sadness is not a deadly sin at all !

There are a lot of misunderstandings about the Seven Deadly Sins.

Your normal feelings of pride, anger, sadness, being sexually attracted to someone or other sexual feelings are OK. Nobody is going to hell here. There is nothing to worry about. 🙂

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
19 Mar 05
1 edit

"believe in the lord christ and thou shall be saved."
Please visit the "Heaven or Hell Algorithm" thread and post this as a sufficient condition for salvation. It is a nice contrast to the Catholic position that we have so far there.

http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=21205

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
19 Mar 05
1 edit

since i have committed almost all of these am i going to hell?
I hope I explained things for you clearly in my post. Nobody is going to hell here. Your feelings are ok 🙂 If you have any questions you can ask them here or send me a PM.

Ivanhoe.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
19 Mar 05

i think i have the answer. i kinda been studying if you put it that way. "believe in the lord christ and thou shall be saved." christ died on the cross for our sins. so no sin can send you too hell, UNLESS you judge people. people who judge people will be judged. so god will likely send you to hell for your sins. but the word that i think rules ...[text shortened]... i was like 3 "believe in the lord christ and thou shall be saved." that is so comforting. lol.

You trust in the Lord. If you do that you never can go wrong.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
19 Mar 05
1 edit

Originally posted by ivanhoe
Nobody is going to hell here.
Are you now saying that one can tell with certainty that another person is not going to hell? Why can't the Catholics get their story straight? I thought we concluded that the RC documents teach that only God can know this. You're not God, are you?

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
19 Mar 05

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
Are you now saying that one can tell with certainty that another person is not going to hell? Why can't the Catholics get their story straight? I thought we concluded that the RC documents teach that only God can know this. You're not God, are you?

You're a bit confused Doctor.

rkr

FORT WORTH

Moves
19 Mar 05

"Pride" as one of the seven sins should not be interpreted as "pride" in the sence that you are proud of for instance your achievements in school, at work, or of yourself or your family members for achieving things. The deadly sin "Pride", also known as "Vanity" refers to a consistent and more or less extreme arrogance and the willingness to let ...[text shortened]... er sexual feelings are OK. Nobody is going to hell here. There is nothing to worry about. 🙂

thanks man. especially for clarifying the lust for me. lmao

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
19 Mar 05

You're a bit confused Doctor.
Quite, and I'm begging for clear answers. Please visit the Heaven or Hell thread and spell out the necessary and sufficient conditions of salvation and damnation for me. Surely they exist if you can deduce that "nobody is going to hell here."

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
19 Mar 05

For lots of useful information about the 7 Deadly Sins, go to: http://www.deadlysins.com/

You can even buy a Seven Deadly Sin T-shirt or coffee mug at reasonable prices (these guys aren't Greedy but since you really don't need such items you may be guilty of Gluttony if you buy them).

N
The eyes of truth

elsewhere

Moves
19 Mar 05

Mohandas Karamachand Gandhi had his own take on seven deadly social sins listed :

Wealth without Work
Pleasure without Conscience
Science without Humanity
Knowledge without Character
Politics without Principle
Commerce without Morality
Worship without Sacrifice

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
19 Mar 05

Originally posted by Nyxie
Mohandas Karamachand Gandhi had his own take on seven deadly social sins listed :

Wealth without Work
Pleasure without Conscience
Science without Humanity
Knowledge without Character
Politics without Principle
Commerce without Morality
Worship without Sacrifice

One rec for you ! Very interesting !

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
19 Mar 05

Originally posted by no1marauder
For lots of useful information about the 7 Deadly Sins, go to: http://www.deadlysins.com/

You can even buy a Seven Deadly Sin T-shirt or coffee mug at reasonable prices (these guys aren't Greedy but since you really don't need such items you may be guilty of Gluttony if you buy them).

I would rather advise the music piece "Die Sieben Todsünden", (" The Seven Deadly Sins"😉 by Kurt Weill (you know from the Threepenny Opera and Mack the Knife ?) sung by Lotte Lenya.
Remarkable music and surprisingly humorous.

Available on Sony Classical MHK 63222

http://www.epinions.com/content_12135075460

Description:

Who can ever forget the wonderfully smoky and unsentimental voice of the great Lotte Lenya? The wife and congenial interpreter of the composer Kurt Weill, the scandalous chanteuse in 1920s Berlin, is inseparately bound up with 'Die Sieben Todsünden'. In the last joint work of Bert Brecht and Kurt Weill, a 'ballet chanté' in nine parts, Anna, coming from a lower middle-class family in Louisiana, sacrifices both her virtue and honour to make money. This is reflected in the music which, with its cool, jazzy and flippant sound of a street song, also adopts a soft, pleasing tone. Kurt Weill set music to Brecht's caustic and sarcastic criticism of capitalism in 1933 as an emigrant in Paris where his pictorial music, always closely bound to the text, was performed once in the choreography of George Balanchine. It was not until after the New York performance with Lotte Lenya in 1959 that 'Die Sieben Todsünden' became a regular part in the repertoire of concert halls and theatres throughout the world.

http://www.schott-international.com/shop/php/Proxy.php?purl=/slib_e/products/show,156847.html