YouTube&feature=player_embedded
  2. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    14 Jan '10 19:31
    Originally posted by webbinator
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5sfHz3xyNc&feature=player_embedded
    Do you really think poeple are gonna watch nearly an hours worth of creationist crap?!
  3. Standard memberwebbinator
    THE man
    usa
    Moves
    14 Jan '10 19:52
    watch it, then tell me it's crap. proof is proof.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Jan '10 19:53
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Do you really think poeple are gonna watch nearly an hours worth of creationist crap?!
    what you really meant to say was an hour of an alternative theory 🙂
  5. The Smoke
    Moves
    15 Jan '10 00:20
    indeed, Mr Knob, watch it first.. I've seen it before it, it focuses purely on science. Well, there's no mention of Virgin Mary, Noah's Arc or Flying Spaghetti Monsters ;-). btw, I'm agnostic before you have a go at me 😉
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Jan '10 00:55
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    I gotta agree with you here Proper Knob. I want a gist of it before I launch into an hour long video
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    15 Jan '10 01:101 edit
    43 seconds in, narrator assumes that order implies design which is not true. He does this again with respect to the Earth ~2:00. 2:27, same thing. 2:43 he asserts that all organisms live "in perfect harmony" which is nonsense.

3:00, again, he says effectively "order = design". 3:14, similar. He then goes "design = creator". He then asserts this creator is the Abrahamic God.

~4:00 Assertion: Theory of Evolution denies "fact" of Creation, ~4:15 Assertion: All people who believe ToE deny that God exists. Assertion: ToE proponents believe evolution happens entirely by chance.

~4:40 Assertion: The Origin of Species was popular not because of scientific value but because of ideological implications i.e. supports atheistic materialists.

~4:55 Assertion: Karl Marx created materialism. Marx sent Darwin an autographed copy of Das Kapital out of admiration. Clearly Darwin was a commie atheist.

~5:25 Assertion: Darwin had no "sound evidence" to support his Theory of Evolution.

I'm not impressed so far.
  8. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    15 Jan '10 08:551 edit
    this is not how debate works.

you post a point. an argument. a claim. and you support it. with words. and then i or someone else counters it if he/she can.

what you did is put a link to somewhere. you haven't claimed anything. you were so lazy that you couldn't be bothered to summarize it. for all we know, you are trying to point out the dood'z jacket is seriously out of style and his eyebrows need plucking.

i will not watch a video simply because you put a link to it. i will not watch an hour of donkey show just so i would be able to say it's crap. i know bestiality is crap.

i will debate you on evolution if you want. as soon as you give me something to debate on. how about you stop being lazy and make us a summary of this latest proof on creationism?
  9. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    15 Jan '10 11:13
    Originally posted by Renars
    indeed, Mr Knob, watch it first.. I've seen it before it, it focuses purely on science. Well, there's no mention of Virgin Mary, Noah's Arc or Flying Spaghetti Monsters ;-). btw, I'm agnostic before you have a go at me 😉
    I watched the first minute, winced at the 'look at the order in the universe, there must be a designer argument' and then turned it off. I can pretty much make a guess as to what the rest of the hour is going to be about.
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    15 Jan '10 11:22
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    43 seconds in, narrator assumes that order implies design which is not true. He does this again with respect to the Earth ~2:00. 2:27, same thing. 2:43 he asserts that all organisms live "in perfect harmony" which is nonsense.

3:00, again, he says effectively "order = design". 3:14, similar. He then goes "design = creator". He then asserts thi ...[text shortened]... no "sound evidence" to support his Theory of Evolution.

I'm not impressed so far.
    so far i am impressed you managed watching it 5 minutes.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Jan '10 12:25
    its really funny to hear the Arabic Allah mentioned with such conviction in an American accent. why would someone do that? what is wrong with saying God? As a creationist the arguments were non specific and quite general, i too was not entirely convinced.
  12. Joined
    01 Feb '06
    Moves
    15 Jan '10 13:43
    34:00 "In the twentieth century, the theory of evolution was refuted not only by molecular biology but also by palaeontology."

As you posted the video can you advise on these refutations mentioned? Preferably the peer reviewed papers.

Many thanks in advance.
  13. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    15 Jan '10 13:48
    meh don't bother i doubt he would produce anything. this is a thread in the same spirit der schwarze ritter used to do: post a link, make a comment once or twice to keep the ball rolling and watch the others duke it out.
  14. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    15 Jan '10 14:17
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    what you really meant to say was an hour of an alternative theory 🙂
    No, I really think he meant what he said.
  15. Standard memberwebbinator
    THE man
    usa
    Moves
    16 Jan '10 11:47
    Originally posted by PawnChop
    34:00 "In the twentieth century, the theory of evolution was refuted not only by molecular biology but also by palaeontology."

As you posted the video can you advise on these refutations mentioned? Preferably the peer reviewed papers.

Many thanks in advance.
    i'm not here to convince anyone of anything. i just thought people might talk about the movie… and they dd.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree