Darth Christ?

Darth Christ?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K
Chess Samurai

Yes

Moves
10 Mar 06

Jesus Christ and Darth Vader

Each, based on the stories, possess "unearthy" powers.
Each was born by immaculate conception.
Each died to save the "world."
Each was saved in the end.
Each died only to be born again in another form.

Interesting comparison really.

f

Moves
30 Mar 06
1 edit

Originally posted by KnightWulfe

No not really! Darth Vader was a figment of someones imagination! He was made up. Jesus walked the earth and then went to calvary to die for you and for me, he was placed in a toom and rose again on the third day! He is the same God he was then and is still the same unchanging God!!

BM

RDU NC

Moves
30 Mar 06

Originally posted by firejunkie2027
No not really! Darth Vader was a figment of someones imagination! He was made up. Jesus walked the earth and then went to calvary to die for you and for me, he was placed in a toom and rose again on the third day! He is the same God he was then and is still the same unchanging God!!
be careful when defending your religion to not misspell too many words. people might think you are ignorant, and therefore cast your idea aside as being that of an idiot. "toom" is spelled "tomb." it is one thing to speak simply so as to not offend or confuse someone, i.e. using "substitutionary" as opposed to "propitiation." but, it is another thing altogether to use poor logic or grammatical errors. if one is to defend christianity properly, one MUST use his brain and logic. people already consider a follower of jesus christ to be simple and gullible and unscientific. don't add fuel to the flames.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
30 Mar 06

Darth Vader was real! He brought the force into balance! He fulfilled the ancient Jedi Prophecy! He rose again in the force! I saw him standing there right next to Yoda and Obi-Wan!

Besides, your little imaginary Jesus never did cool stuff like choking the cr*p out of people using only a hand gesture, or blocking blaster bolts with his bare hands, or wielding a spiffy red lightsaber.

I will hear no more of your blasphemy.

f

Moves
30 Mar 06

Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
Darth Vader was real! He brought the force into balance! He fulfilled the ancient Jedi Prophecy! He rose again in the force! I saw him standing there right next to Yoda and Obi-Wan!

Besides, your little imaginary Jesus never did cool stuff like choking the cr*p out of people using only a hand gesture, or blocking blaster bolts with his bare hands, or wielding a spiffy red lightsaber.

I will hear no more of your blasphemy.
yeah ok but can Darth Vader save the entire world from there sins? Can he keep you from spending eternity in a burning consuming fire?

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
30 Mar 06

yeah ok but can Darth Vader save the entire world from there sins? Can he keep you from spending eternity in a burning consuming fire?
Forget about sins -- Darth Vader saved the entire world from the oppression of the Sith! And, Darth Vader knows the key to eternal life, because he can maintain his identity in the force even after his physical shell is destroyed.

Plus, in a lightsaber fight, he could kick Jesus' arse.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
31 Mar 06

Funny thing, though. With one little word, the Lord Jesus Christ will slay the ruler of this world, Satan. Beats the hell of out lightsabers, if you ask me.

Cape Town

Moves
31 Mar 06

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
Funny thing, though. With one little word, the Lord Jesus Christ will slay the ruler of this world, Satan. Beats the hell of out lightsabers, if you ask me.
Funny thing, though. He hasnt and shows no sign of doing it any time soon despite extreme the suffering that it has and is causing all mankind. Makes you think that maybe the light sabre (which at least achieved something) is a better solution.
Oh I know a convoluted illogical explanation for why he is holding back will follow, possibly including phrases like 'deserve' and 'origional sin' and 'free will' and maybe even 'God knows best'.

l

London

Moves
31 Mar 06

Originally posted by KnightWulfe

Not so interesting, really. Lucas admitted he was borrowing from various religious and/or mythical stories to build his characters.

l

London

Moves
31 Mar 06

Originally posted by twhitehead
Funny thing, though. He hasnt and shows no sign of doing it any time soon despite extreme the suffering that it has and is causing all mankind. Makes you think that maybe the light sabre (which at least achieved something) is a better solution.
Oh I know a convoluted illogical explanation for why he is holding back will follow, possibly including phrases like 'deserve' and 'origional sin' and 'free will' and maybe even 'God knows best'.
Original Sin. Free will.

God knows best.

Cape Town

Moves
31 Mar 06

Originally posted by lucifershammer
Not so interesting, really. Lucas admitted he was borrowing from various religious and/or mythical stories to build his characters.
The Bible appears to mostly consist of characters borrowed from various religious or mythical stories too whether the writers admited it, or not.

l

London

Moves
31 Mar 06

The Bible appears to mostly consist of characters borrowed from various religious or mythical stories too whether the writers admited it, or not.
"Mostly" is a strong word.

Cape Town

Moves
31 Mar 06
1 edit

Originally posted by lucifershammer
"Mostly" is a strong word.
Yes it is. Possibly too strong a word. But I would certainly include Adam and Eve, Noah and Jesus in the list of 'borrowed' characters.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
31 Mar 06

And, if God had ended the whole thing just before you were born, that wouldn't have been fair for you, would it!

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
31 Mar 06

Almost scary, huh. Here's one that's even more bizarre: the entire story of the Gospel is also written in the stars. Must have been some kind of wierd conspiracy thing by whoever put them in place.