Dale Earnhardt

Dale Earnhardt

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
27 Mar 06

Originally posted by LemonJello
Hey! I know that movie. In fact, I already started a thread about it in this forum long ago, but no one seemed to have heard about it at the time. It's one of my favorites, though I would hardly call it a great cinematic achievement.

There are a lot of 'Bobs' out there -- the Jesus salesmen.
Cinematically (technically) speaking, I'd agree. However, because of its honesty, I'd say it was a great achievement.

I was struck by the self-contradictory nature of PF's character, and how typical he was of self-proclaimed lovers of God. Deluded, they actually hate God, and are willing to do practically anything to rid themselves of their burden, even if means dumping it onto someone else.

My appreciation for the film was mostly for how honestly and accurately it dealt with a salient aspect of Western everyday life, as opposed to the usual subjective junk that oozes out of the system.

I don't recall your thread on the movie; must be pre-Freaky!

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
27 Mar 06

Originally posted by Derfel Cadarn
I'm not attacking you, I'm enlightening you. And you do try to force.

If you don't do this you're going to hell.

That may be true, but that's not what they wanna hear. You can't just condemn someone to hell if you're trying to convert them.
I agree, I was forced by an ex. once, but after going to Billy Graham's Crusaide I looked into Christianity and asked God to show himself to me. And praise God he did.

You post about you throwing the tract at the Guy was all part of god's plan. He brought you to him.

It is not forcing if they are in control of their mouse buttons.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
27 Mar 06

posted by nomind[/i]
[bsuch that it is self-perpetuating. this happens through a natural selection of social organisations - those with the greatest fecundity and longevity tend to dominate. second, people personally proselytize because they themselves are insecure about their beliefs. there is no fanatic like a converted fanatic. in trying to convince others we are really only trying to convince ourselves. this is true for secular idealogies as well as religious.[/b]
There is a lot of wisdom in what you say about proselytising but in way Christians are in a no win situation. Keep quiet and someone could say "hey , if this is such good news why aren't you trying to spread it around" . Start talking about it and then they become arrogant God botherers. If someone found the cure for cancer and then kept it a secret for 20 years what would you say about their cure or them? Either their cure is dubious or they don't really believe it is a cure. I think much of it IS about the way it's done. I still get the Bible thrown at me by Christians who see me as a 'liberal backslider' , it's not a nice feeling.

L

Moves
27 Mar 06

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
Cinematically (technically) speaking, I'd agree. However, because of its honesty, I'd say it was a great achievement.

I was struck by the self-contradictory nature of PF's character, and how typical he was of self-proclaimed lovers of God. Deluded, they actually hate God, and are willing to do practically anything to rid themselves of their burden, ev ...[text shortened]... hat oozes out of the system.

I don't recall your thread on the movie; must be pre-Freaky!
Well, I'm glad we share a mutual appreciation for that film.

The thread I started was definitely pre-Freaky, and it was also pretty lame. I posted something along the lines of 'Hey everyone: I really liked this here movie. I think it has a worthwhile message and I recommend it. Anyone else seen it?' That was followed by a general lack of responses and deathly silence.

PF must have played that role well because I loathed his character with a passion.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
27 Mar 06

Originally posted by LemonJello
Well, I'm glad we share a mutual appreciation for that film.

The thread I started was definitely pre-Freaky, and it was also pretty lame. I posted something along the lines of 'Hey everyone: I really liked this here movie. I think it has a worthwhile message and I recommend it. Anyone else seen it?' That was followed by a general lack of response ...[text shortened]... ence.

PF must have played that role well because I loathed his character with a passion.
It wasn't an a-ha moment for me, as I had shed the stance some years previous to seeing the film (1999?), but PF was me in my school days, and for a few years following.

It was hideous to see such an accurate portrayal of a "Christian" so lacking in integrity; even more so to realize it used to be me! And yet the world survived my self-delusion. Go figure!

d

Moves
27 Mar 06

What do Dale Earnhardt and Pink Floyd have in common?

Their last big hit was The Wall.

DC
The Mighty

Rocky Mountains

Moves
27 Mar 06

Originally posted by darvlay

Oooooohhh cold one...

What's the last thing that went through John Denver's mind?
The Engine.

DC
The Mighty

Rocky Mountains

Moves
27 Mar 06

And that one bought you a one way ticket to hell

d

Moves
27 Mar 06

Originally posted by Derfel Cadarn
And that one bought you a one way ticket to hell
If that was my one-way ticket, what was that busload of retarded children I just sodomized?

Ha ha. You guys have been great. Be sure to tip your waitresses and try the veal, they say it's the best this side of the pond.

DC
The Mighty

Rocky Mountains

Moves
27 Mar 06

If that was my one-way ticket, what was that busload of retarded children I just sodomized?

Ha ha. You guys have been great. Be sure to tip your waitresses and try the veal, they say it's the best this side of the pond.
You're now Satan's bitch. LMAO

N

The sky

Moves
27 Mar 06

That was your return ticket.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
27 Mar 06

Originally posted by RBHILL
I resently watch the Dale Earnhardt movie and the way he acted I didn't think he was saved But after reading this I can trust he was. And you can be saved too if you put you trust in Jesus.

http://www.rodrun.org/Earnhardt/Earnhardt.htm
RB, I read this and I'm a little confused. It sounded like he was just a prick that really didn't do much but drive around in circles and give people the finger and on occasions went to church. I wish you would give the pricks on this site the same break.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
27 Mar 06

Originally posted by kirksey957
I wish you would give the pricks on this site the same break.
By giving them the finger?

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
27 Mar 06

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
By giving them the finger?
He already does that....in a spiritual way of course.

a

Forgotten

Moves
27 Mar 06

Originally posted by RBHILL
I resently watch the Dale Earnhardt movie and the way he acted I didn't think he was saved But after reading this I can trust he was. And you can be saved too if you put you trust in Jesus.

http://www.rodrun.org/Earnhardt/Earnhardt.htm
RB,
Even saved people behave badly at times.
They are still human , so, lighten up. 🙂