1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Aug '19 06:04
    @philokalia said
    Hence the murder of 300,000 Orthodox clergy at the hands of Communists in the Soviet Union.
    300,000 clergy?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Aug '19 06:49
    @philokalia said
    Hence the murder of 300,000 Orthodox clergy at the hands of Communists in the Soviet Union.
    This number is more straight-out-of-your-anus made up nonsense isn’t it.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Aug '19 11:372 edits
    @fmf said
    I just did a little browsing at wikipedia:

Six of the worst “high crime rate countries” and their percentage of Christians...

El Salvador ~ 82%
    Venezuela ~ 88%
    Honduras ~ 88%
    Brazil ~ 91%
    Guatemala ~ 87%
    Colombia ~ 93%

Six of the “most atheist” countries and their crime rate ranking [230th would be the lowest crime rate in the world]...

China ~ 203rd out of 230
    Japan ~ 219th
    Czech Republic ~ 206th
    France ~ 171st
    Australia ~ 194th
    Iceland ~ 188th
    So if these people really believe in God and the Bible then are they like Dive and simply don't believe in a literal hell due to their translation of it, or do they all just not worried about going to such a place?

I've also seen statistics on divorce and Christianity. Some polls show that those who call themselves Christians have a divorce rate equivalent to those outside the faith. However, if you break down the number of those who refer to themselves as Christian and focus on those who attend services routinely, the divorce rate plummets among those Christians.

https://www.gotquestions.org/Christian-divorce-rate.html

I suspect something similar is going on here.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree