Creation vs. Evolution

Creation vs. Evolution

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s

Moves
21 Oct 07

Originally posted by KellyJay
Since the age and how to measure it is the subject in question what
makes your argument a good one by telling me dates you got by
the methods under discussion? If for example all dates beyond a
million years old are all wrong since the universe is a million years
old in reality, than the errors if they are recognized or not are still
there; however, yo ...[text shortened]... u cannot know that for certain may
never know how wrong you were in your dating methods.
Kelly
Didn't you understand yet???

We make the same methods and statistics for measuring the age of something 4000 years old. It checks up PERFECTLY, with history, and everything else we know. No stress whatsoever. The dispersion of results gives us the error bars, saying an age is something like 4000 years +- 30 years, for example.
The same for 5000 years, 6000 years, 7000, 10000, 20000, etc, etc, etc.
It's a continuum!! But according to you, something terribly wrong must appear for ages above 6000 years!! WHERE ARE THEY????
The validity of this method goes for anything below 50 000 years. It's true we make assumptions, but all they work VERY WELL with history, and all we know, including sayings in the bible.
Can you comment on this?

S

Moves
21 Oct 07

Originally posted by serigado

We make the same methods and statistics for measuring the age of something 4000 years old. It checks up PERFECTLY, with history, and everything else we know. No stress whatsoever. The dispersion of results gives us the error bars, saying an age is something like 4000 years +- 30 years, for example.
The same for 5000 years, 6 ...[text shortened]... WELL with history, and all we know, including sayings in the bible.
Can you comment on this?
You idjit!

God has clearly made the Earth appear to be around 4.5 bn years old & the Universe around 13.5 bn.

As for the fossil record & carbon dating, cosmic background microwave radiation & the correlation function of galaxies etc... these are just cases of Him pissing with us.

s

Moves
21 Oct 07

Originally posted by Squelchbelch
You idjit!

God has clearly made the Earth appear to be around 4.5 bn years old & the Universe around 13.5 bn.

As for the fossil record & carbon dating, cosmic background microwave radiation & the correlation function of galaxies etc... these are just cases of Him pissing with us.
ehe
If that is so, he did it for a good purpose. It's not up to us to question God's purpose, only accept it. So we must believe Earth is the age God tricked us to think so.

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
21 Oct 07

ehe
If that is so, he did it for a good purpose. It's not up to us to question God's purpose, only accept it. So we must believe Earth is the age God tricked us to think so.
Exactly, Pangloss. Exactly.

S

Moves
21 Oct 07

Originally posted by telerion
Last one who doesn't wish to pray to a deceiving God turn out the lights on the way out!

s

Moves
21 Oct 07

Originally posted by telerion
Of course we live in the best of world in the best possible conditions. If something bad ever happens, it happened in the best possible way, and there was no other better way it could have happened.

P

weedhopper

Moves
21 Oct 07

If you believe that Genesis is a factual account, maybe you can clear something up for me as to the order of Creation?

[b]Man Created after animals:

Genesis 1:
24 And God said, "Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: livestock, creatures that move along the ground, and wild animals, each according to its kind." And it ...[text shortened]... called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

Please feel free to explain
🙂[/b]
Did you get an answer from a leteralist on this one?

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
22 Oct 07

Of course we live in the best of world in the best possible conditions. If something bad ever happens, it happened in the best possible way, and there was no other better way it could have happened.
Speaking of Pangloss, has anyone heard from Coletti in a while? Seems like it's been over a year.

S

Moves
22 Oct 07

Originally posted by PinkFloyd
Did you get an answer from a leteralist on this one?
Nope.

S

Moves
22 Oct 07

... and what the hell does that mean???

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
22 Oct 07

Read your Voltaire, pagan!

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
22 Oct 07

The same for 5000 years, 6 ...[text shortened]... WELL with history, and all we know, including sayings in the bible.
Can you comment on this?
NO, again, I've not put forward an age have I? I have simply said
that you cannot tell me something is factual when it is simply a
matter of belief, because errors for whatever reason can be made
due to how we are dealing with the subject. You want to make it
out my argument to be something I have not made. With respect
to your historical dates on various objects, give me a time line
for objects that you know are without a doubt correct and tell me
when you know the dates might have errors in them?
Kelly

a

Meddling with things

Moves
22 Oct 07

to your historical dates on vari ...[text shortened]... without a doubt correct and tell me
Kelly
Radi carbon dates are calibrated against objects that have a known calender date associated with them. This calibration chronology is old with valid data points going back almost 20 000 years. The error bars associated with radiocarbon dates are small because of this calibration

s

Moves
22 Oct 07

Ol' Pangloss would know

s

Moves
22 Oct 07

to your historical dates on vari ...[text shortened]... without a doubt correct and tell me
Kelly
All dates have errors on them. We can know for sure dates are right up to pharaohs times. (5k yrs ago).
That's only ~1000 years less since Adam and Eve went to earth... Do you think in this time they had the time the reproduce like rabbits to fill the world population? I guess not... BTW, when did the flood occur? After this time or before?
And did the dinosaurs live with the pharaohs? Maybe they never existed, since it doesn't come in the bible. Or the Egyptians killed them all.

Well.. I'm getting out of subject.
All dates have errors bars. Since 50 years to 50000 years. And stop about BELIEF! There's no belief HERE, didn't you get it yet? And I don't say it is a fact, at least the way you use the word "fact".
Exercise: Try to make an argument without the words "fact" and "belief".

But again, explain how carbon dating works perfectly (within error bars) up to pharaoh times, checking with history, etc, and then suddenly, it can't work anymore! We don't see any discontinuity in the dates or error bars. Simply the average decay of C14 follows that logarithmic line without caring about The Holy Bible (TM) or you.