Creation AND Evolution?

Creation AND Evolution?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
29 Aug 18

Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
If you would have bothered to read the Wikipedia page on evolution, you would have noticed a helpful diagram that might help you understand the - honestly rather simple - mechanism. Have a look:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution#Natural_selection
A rather simple mechanism to modify one of the most complex things there is life.
Why don't you actually address the questions I have been giving you?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
29 Aug 18

I suggest you read some of the previous pages of this thread, where I have explained in some detail how natural selection works. Sadly, KellyJay still appears to not understand how it works.
Just don't agree with your views, it is a rejection of what you claim occurs and why.

K

Germany

Moves
29 Aug 18

Originally posted by @lemon-lime
How did you "compute" the probability of life starting on its own and from there evolving into higher life forms?
Exactly.

K

Germany

Moves
29 Aug 18

Originally posted by @kellyjay
Just don't agree with your views, it is a rejection of what you claim occurs and why.
I wasn't expressing "views," just trying to explain to you how natural selection works.

Moves
29 Aug 18

Survival of the fittest does not adjust genetic codes to help or hurt anything.

Survival of the fittest doesn't give or take away genetic mutations, it doesn't direct what
is required, not does it hinder.

It simply means that if something can live, it will live, if it cannot, it will not, due to
whatever it is that ends its life.

Nothing notable ...[text shortened]... will survive in the
snow better than black ones will if color is the swing factor in survival.
It is the 'fit' who 'survive' and the 'fit' who pass on their genes through reproduction.

Moves
29 Aug 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
It is the 'fit' who 'survive' and the 'fit' who pass on their genes through reproduction.
Yes you need pre existing genes in order to pass them on. How did the genes evolve out of a chemical soup by natural causes only? Can you explain?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
29 Aug 18

I wasn't expressing "views," just trying to explain to you how natural selection works.
That process cannot do what is claimed, what is believed, when it comes to the genetic
mutations in DNA.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
29 Aug 18
2 edits

The fit can and do survive, but mutations in DNA are more about adding to a code or
destroying it. The passing on only good mutations and reproduction is a song and dance
when it comes to taking what is supposed to be a new formed life form whose code just
happen to come together to form life, and through generations of good mutations only,
give life two sexes, eyes that see, ears that hear, and a host of other things. Sounds good
but it is a belief not a fact.

Moves
29 Aug 18

The fit can and do survive, but mutations in DNA are more about adding to a code or
destroying it. The passing on only good mutations and reproduction is a song and dance
when it comes to taking what is supposed to be a new formed life form whose code just
happen to come together to form life, and through generations of good mutations only,
give life t ...[text shortened]... hat see, ears that hear, and a host of other things. Sounds good
but it is a belief not a fact.
Attributing everything to a God is 'belief.'

My understanding is based on empirical evidence.

Moves
29 Aug 18

Originally posted by @dj2becker
Yes you need pre existing genes in order to pass them on. How did the genes evolve out of a chemical soup by natural causes only? Can you explain?
I'm fine with not having all the answers, and unlike yourself, don't feel the compulsion to make stuff up.

Moves
29 Aug 18

Feel free to present the empirical evidence that suggests that dna code can evolve from a chemical soup without intelligent intervention.

Moves
29 Aug 18

Originally posted by @dj2becker
Feel free to present the empirical evidence that suggests that dna code can evolve from a chemical soup without intelligent intervention.
As above.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
29 Aug 18

Really you have seen life spring up from non life and evolve over millions of years? I thought you were just looking at life today and pondering how it got here!

The thing is you think the things you see are the result of evolution. Right now they are to you regardless if true or not.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
29 Aug 18

I'm fine with not having all the answers, and unlike yourself, don't feel the compulsion to make stuff up.
😉

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
29 Aug 18

What ever wagon you attach yourself to it is because you believe it to be true.