Countdown / countup to the Day of the Lord

Countdown / countup to the Day of the Lord

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
17 Sep 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
It's not to be taken seriously....is it?
Ooooh, whats happening? Is it the end of the world??

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
17 Sep 18

Originally posted by @stellspalfie
Ooooh, whats happening? Is it the end of the world??
@Edward-Palamar keeps telling everyone about the "Book of Daniel" being "unsealed" this December apparently, but it's not clear what is going to happen nor to who.

EP

Phoenixville, PA

Moves
17 Sep 18

Originally posted by @whodey
If you are right you win a cookie.
Don Rickles used to use that line a lot.

I included him in the Day of the Lord Cruise for the 1,335th day.

Even his birthday is May 8th.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
17 Sep 18

Originally posted by @edward-palamar
Don Rickles used to use that line a lot.

I included him in the Day of the Lord Cruise for the 1,335th day.

Even his birthday is May 8th.
Could I interest you sir in the purchase of a bridge?

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
17 Sep 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Will it be imminently?
No, as I am certain to make the same mistake again. 🙄

EP

Phoenixville, PA

Moves
17 Sep 18

Originally posted by @secondson
First, Jesus is Lord and doesn't require entitlement. Second, Jesus' return isn't the fulfillment of "so that where I am, so also you may be."[/b]
I'll admit that my question is somewhat rhetorical in that sense, and my implication isn't that He requires entitlement, nor that there is the possibility that He never has already made His first advent, but that He is worthy of the best, of all glory, honor, and praise.

Jesus said, "I thirst" and "I desire mercy."

Yet the world still hates Him.

Solution : throw away the old world and bring on the new.

I don't agree with you that the return of Christ excludes those for whom He died so miserably.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
17 Sep 18

I'll admit that my question is somewhat rhetorical in that sense, and my implication isn't that He requires entitlement, nor that there is the possibility that He never has already made His first advent, but that He is worthy of the best, of all glory, honor, and praise.

Yet the world still hates Him ...[text shortened]...
I don't agree with you that the return of Christ excludes those for whom He died so miserably.
In what way does the world hate Jesus Christ?

Moves
17 Sep 18

Yet the world still hates Him ...[text shortened]...
Does 'He' want glory, honour and praise?

Moves
17 Sep 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
@Edward-Palamar keeps telling everyone about the "Book of Daniel" being "unsealed" this December apparently, but it's not clear what is going to happen nor to who.
Still though, pretty exciting stuff..I mean something is going to happen to somebody!!! Personally, I cant wait. I hope there's a twist!!

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
17 Sep 18

That is from chapter nine, repeated again in chapter twelve.

This makes the fulfillment of the prophecy event dependent.

Interposed in chapter ten, Daniel is told that he is going to be told about what would happen to his people in latter times, the specifics of chapter eleven.

But the basis for timing is established in chapter nine with Chr ...[text shortened]... hat particular abomination save through me, and they might not see it in the same light as I do.
"But the basis for timing is established in chapter nine with Christ's being baptized as Prince and being slain as King across the final week of years."

"Slain as King across the final week of years"? What in the world does that mean?

Where did you get that out of scripture?

EP

Phoenixville, PA

Moves
17 Sep 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @rajk999
In what way does the world hate Jesus Christ?
You still hate His angel. (x2)

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
17 Sep 18

Then your logic is seriously flawed.

Let's work on that first.

Jesus, Himself, bore witness concerning His sending His angel first.

So your entire post is not built upon a firm foundation.

https://reasonabletheology.org/hymn-story-how-firm-a-foundation/
How is my logic flawed? You're making statements of which I asked specific questions, and you haven't answered them except to make more statements of which I can find no sound exegesis for in the scriptures.

So far, it seems, you appear to be confounding. I find no such confusion in the Bible.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
17 Sep 18

You still hate His angel. (x2)
An angel of God is one that comes from God with a specific message to a specific group or person. His speech is directed by God or Christ and he is crystal clear in his message.

You do not qualify.

EP

Phoenixville, PA

Moves
17 Sep 18
2 edits

Originally posted by @secondson
John 14:3
"And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also."

That verse isn't in the context about Jesus' return.
I disagree.

Jesus saying that He will come again means that He will return, even for me and my lonely dental floss.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
17 Sep 18
2 edits

Jesus saying that He will come again means that He will return, even for me and my lonely dental floss.
When Peter said of Christians we are “a peculiar people”, he didn’t mean for you to make a virtue out of it.