Comebacks

Comebacks

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w
Chocolate Expert

Cocoa Mountains

Moves
18 Mar 07

Originally posted by josephw
Apparently you haven't read Romans chapter 1.
Apparently you forgot or choose to surpress the context in which Romans was written. Firstly, it was written by Paul, not Jesus. Secondly, it was written during a time of deep prejudices of many sorts and varieties...hopefully, in modern times, these prejudices would fade and become resolved 😕

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
18 Mar 07
1 edit

Originally posted by wittywonka
Apparently you forgot or choose to surpress the context in which Romans was written. Firstly, it was written by Paul, not Jesus. Secondly, it was written during a time of deep prejudices of many sorts and varieties...hopefully, in modern times, these prejudices would fade and become resolved 😕
Jesus never wrote any books.

It is the Holy Spirit that writes all the books of the Bible which is God/Jesus/Holy Spirit.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
18 Mar 07

Originally posted by DeepThought
You are repellent and an abomination in my eyes, there is irrational hatred in your soul.
You should change your name to DeepThoughtlessness.

It takes love and courage to tell someone that they're wrong.

w
Chocolate Expert

Cocoa Mountains

Moves
18 Mar 07

Originally posted by RBHILL
Jesus never wrote any books.

It si the Holy Spirit that writes all the books of the Bible which is God/Jesus/Holy Spirit.
I realize that Jesus never wrote any books, but people did record what he said. I would personally trust Jesus' words over the words of a human... 😕

Secondly, if God "wrote" every book in the bible, why are there so many contradictions?

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
18 Mar 07

I realize that Jesus never wrote any books, but people did record what he said. I would personally trust Jesus' words over the words of a human... 😕

Secondly, if God "wrote" every book in the bible, why are there so many contradictions?
There are none, You are Blind by the Prince of this world.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
18 Mar 07

All sexual acts outside of Marriage between a man and woman is wrong and it is sin.

God made Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.
Love is not wrong.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
18 Mar 07

I never said Jesus wrote Romans. I was reading the bible before you were a twinkle in your daddy's eye.

The language is plain to see. Let it say what it is saying. Stop reading into it.

w
Chocolate Expert

Cocoa Mountains

Moves
18 Mar 07
2 edits

There are none, You are Blind by the Prince of this world.
That's completely not true...there are tons of contradictions in the bible, more than I'm even willing to count.

If you insist that there aren't contradictions, you have selective reading, a common illness among Christians... 😕

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
18 Mar 07

Love is not wrong.
But perversion is!

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
18 Mar 07

You should change your name to DeepThoughtlessness.

It takes love and courage to tell someone that they're wrong.
It can also take hatred and spite to tell someone that you think they are wrong.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
18 Mar 07

That's completely not true...there are tons of contradictions in the bible, more than I'm even willing to count.

If you insist that there aren't contradictions, you have selective reading, a common illness among Christians... 😕
You have no idea what you are talking about.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
18 Mar 07

It can also take hatred and spite to tell someone that you think they are wrong.
You should know.

w
Chocolate Expert

Cocoa Mountains

Moves
18 Mar 07

You have no idea what you are talking about.
Well, please, explicate it for me... I've said this in my profile: I'm strongly opinionated, but I'm willing to debate... If I'm blinded, go ahead and "cure" me... 😕

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
18 Mar 07

You should know.
Absolutely, but I'm not a Christian and don't pretend to be pious when I'm really a seething mass of hatred do I?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
18 Mar 07

Absolutely, but I'm not a Christian and don't pretend to be pious when I'm really a seething mass of hatred do I?
But you're honest, and so am I.

If you knew me you would certainly not think I was pious.