Cognitive dissonance, you're soaking in it.

Cognitive dissonance, you're soaking in it.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
10 Jul 13

Originally posted by SwissGambit
Maybe we'd be wiser to stop pretending that our beliefs explain everything. Leave a little bit of flexibility in our metaphorical home.
Who said that my beliefs could explain everything?

Get a grip man.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
10 Jul 13

Originally posted by whodey
Who said that my beliefs could explain everything?

Get a grip man.
Well, it wasn't me, since I distinctly remember using the word we. 😕

Infidel

Moves
10 Jul 13

Originally posted by sonship
[b]The things is, there are lots of things going on in this universe that follow strict rules and can even be predicted and might appear therefore to being designed by an intelligence even though these are just natural "unintelligent" processes. I don't understand why life can't be among those processes.

When you examine the reproductive system of, ...[text shortened]... uced with no intelligent forethought and plan or scheme imposed upon it from outside of it ?[/b]
No, I don't think reproduction happens accidentally.

Yes, I think there is no outside intelligence guiding this.

What do you imagine is "the first living organism"?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 Jul 13

Hi Great King Rat

You ask, "What do you imagine is "the first living organism"?"

All I can say for sure on this is that the Holy Bible reveals it is from the plant kinds.

The Instructor

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
10 Jul 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
Hi Great King Rat

You ask, "What do you imagine is "the first living organism"?"

All I can say for sure on this is that the Holy Bible reveals it is from the plant kinds.

The Instructor
Which of course is totally bogus, since the bible was written by men with no guidance from some kind of god, since a real god would have known full well the first life forms were single cell bacteria like things. Having not said that in your so-called bible proves they didn't know their ass from a hole in the ground and CERTAINLY didn't get that BS from a god.

Why isn't that obvious to you? Oh, yeah, I forgot, you self lobotomized your brain 60 years ago.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
11 Jul 13
2 edits

Originally posted by sonhouse
Which of course is totally bogus, since the bible was written by men with no guidance from some kind of god, since a real god would have known full well the first life forms were single cell bacteria like things. Having not said that in your so-called bible proves they didn't know their ass from a hole in the ground and CERTAINLY didn't get that BS from a g ...[text shortened]... isn't that obvious to you? Oh, yeah, I forgot, you self lobotomized your brain 60 years ago.
Science is still learning, but they know that bacteria cells were necessary for plant life and are included as part of any plant as we see below:

Science News

June 19, 2013 — Long before Earth became lush, when life consisted of single-celled organisms afloat in a planet-wide sea, bacteria invaded the ancient ancestors of plants and animals and took up permanent residence. One bacterium eventually became the mitochondria that today power all plant and animal cells; another became the chloroplast that turns sunlight into energy in green plants.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/06/130619164804.htm

God created plants first therefore, bacteria cells are part of the plant kingdom as I see it. Plants required the ability to turn sunlight into energy in the beginning and did not evolve this ability. Those bacteria cells were made by God in the plants. When animals were made they ate the plants for food and the bacteria in the plants became part of animals. Also bacteria did not evolve into mitochondria because God made those cells too.

The Instructor