Closer yet to making life from non-life:

Closer yet to making life from non-life:

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
03 Feb 12

http://www.physorg.com/news/2011-12-device-lipid-spheres-mimic-cell.html

Take note Dasa. Your claims of life only coming from life gets weaker every year due to the advancements of science. In ten or twenty years you will be forced to change your stubborn stance. Or you will develop yet another set of rationalizations for these new life forms to come from mankind.

F

Moves
03 Feb 12
1 edit

Originally posted by sonhouse

Take note Dasa. Your claims of life only coming from life gets weaker every year due to the advancements of science. In ten or twenty years you will be forced to change your stubborn stance. Or you will develop yet another set of rationalizations for these new life forms to come from mankind.
I don't understand they are so stubborn. Of course a living cell doesn't have anything other than atoms, governed by chemical reactions. They don't have a magical life forsce, that's just superstitious.

We have a long time created amino acids artificially, we can put them on a sugar base, we can easily incorporated them in an existing DNA strain, and taht one we could insert in a dead cell, and voilà it reproduces with no difficulty.
(With 'easy' I mean of course, we have the technology to do it. I cannot, but give me necessary resources, I can easily do it.)

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
03 Feb 12

Originally posted by FabianFnas
I don't understand they are so stubborn. Of course a living cell doesn't have anything other than atoms, governed by chemical reactions. They don't have a magical life forsce, that's just superstitious.

We have a long time created amino acids artificially, we can put them on a sugar base, we can easily incorporated them in an existing DNA strain, and t ...[text shortened]... e the technology to do it. I cannot, but give me necessary resources, I can easily do it.)
Yes but I think we will be able to take bottles of organic chemicals and inorganic for that matter, combine them in specific ways and come out with a new life form. I would not be surprised if we found another way to encode information besides DNA that Earthy life uses.

Moves
03 Feb 12

Lipids, according to Wikipedia, have C, H, & O atoms.This won't win the argument unless the C, H, O, and any other atoms involved are shown to never have been part of a living organism, which is practically impossible to show. The life-is-special proponents can say that the "life force" or spiritual energy or elan vital or whatever they want to call it, is inherent in those atoms once they have been made by God to be part of a living thing.

F

Moves
03 Feb 12

Originally posted by JS357
Lipids, according to Wikipedia, have C, H, & O atoms.This won't win the argument unless the C, H, O, and any other atoms involved are shown to never have been part of a living organism, which is practically impossible to show. The life-is-special proponents can say that the "life force" or spiritual energy or elan vital or whatever they want to call it, is inherent in those atoms once they have been made by God to be part of a living thing.
A carbon atom is like any other carbon atom with the same isotope. There isn't any kind of life force in one carbon atom. Every one is alike the other. There is no life per se in a carbon atom.

Same goes for any other atom with the same number of protons and neutrons.

The belief of a special kind of life force within an atom, or molecule, is supersticion.

Moves
03 Feb 12

Man creates life in order to prove that God couldn't have.

Love you guys.

Moves
03 Feb 12

Originally posted by divegeester
Man creates life in order to prove that God couldn't have.

Love you guys.
We are not trying to prove that god couldn't have created life.

What this does is prove that god isn't needed to create life.

Moves
03 Feb 12

Originally posted by googlefudge
We are not trying to prove that god couldn't have created life.

What this does is prove that god isn't needed to create life.
Not yet it doesn't.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
03 Feb 12

Not yet it doesn't.
And I am sure you are not wishing the scientists involved any luck on that either. It's in your mythological interest for them to fail.

Moves
03 Feb 12

And I am sure you are not wishing the scientists involved any luck on that either. It's in your mythological interest for them to fail.
Ok.

Moves
04 Feb 12

Ok.
do you think the nexus 6 were right to question and be angry at their creator?

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
04 Feb 12
1 edit

So your saying 4 billion years ago there was an explosion and life created itself from the rubble by accident.................but 1000 scientists over 100 years cannot do it with a blank cheque from the government to fund there experiments.

Absurd.

Show me a conscious awareness chemical please.

Moves
04 Feb 12

Originally posted by Dasa
So your saying 4 billion years ago there was an explosion and life created itself from the rubble by accident.................but 1000 scientists over 100 years cannot do it with a blank cheque from the government to fund there experiments.

Absurd.

ME!

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
04 Feb 12
1 edit

Originally posted by Dasa

Absurd.

Interesting comment. In your mythology, the government gives 1000 scientists a blank check to lets see, prove that god doesn't exist because we can create a new life form? I think the only time that happened was about 70 odd years ago with the Manhattan project. That was to win a war. So you figure only the government is interested in proving your god is wrong. Interesting.

I think you know full well awareness takes trillions of brain cells, not some of your mythological chemicals. You don't do sarcasm very well.

Cape Town

Moves
04 Feb 12

Not yet it doesn't.
Are you one of those people that believes all life has some magical ingredient? I thought better of you than that.