1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Aug '17 06:52
    Originally posted by @apathist
    I don't worship gods. I'm atheist.
    I do worship nature. I'm pagan.
    So that's "pagan" as in 'a person holding religious beliefs other than those of the main world religions" - and not "pagan" as in 'worshipping a non-Abrahamic god or gods'? As for your worship of nature ~ it's called "animism", right, or am I mistaken? ~ what exactly is the supernatural aspect of your belief, if any?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Aug '17 06:58
    This isn't rocket surgery.
    It's "brain surgery" or it's "rocket science" Mr "Critical Thinker"

😵
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Aug '17 07:07
    I don't worship gods. I'm atheist.
    I do worship nature. I'm pagan.
    This isn't rocket surgery.

Show me your critical thinking skills by sharing your reasons for your god-belief.
    1. A person holding religious beliefs other than those of the main world religions.

1.2 A member of a modern religious movement which seeks to incorporate beliefs or practices from outside the main world religions, especially nature worship.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/pagan

You're a religionist and you worship your God/Godess. You've called nature your God/Godess many times. Don't make me prove it by finding the posts.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Aug '17 07:11
    Show me your critical thinking skills by sharing your reasons for your god-belief.
    The reasons for my theism have nothing to do with any critical thinking skills I may or may not have and I'm surprised that a awesome critical thinker such as yourself wouldn't realise this. However I do critically challenge my beliefs and attitudes, and I am open to having them critiqued by others, which is part of the reason I enjoy being a member of this forum.
  5. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    08 Aug '17 07:571 edit
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    1. A person holding religious beliefs other than those of the main world religions.
    1.2 A member of a modern religious movement which seeks to incorporate beliefs or practices from outside the main world religions, especially nature worship.
    https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/pagan
    You're a religionist and you worship your God/Godess. You've called nature your God/Godess many times. Don't make me prove it by finding the posts.
    Wiki says that "there is no scholarly consensus over what precisely constitutes religion[2][3]". It does say that religions relates "humanity to the supernatural or transcendental." (It also says that second term itself implies supernatural.)

Now you tell me how loving nature is loving supernatural. I am an atheist.

Mother nature on earth is not an entity separate from what you see in front of your face right here right now. That doesn't imply that the biosphere of our planet is not sufficient substrate to give rise to mind. No creator gods, no prophets, no magic. You have no traction here. I do not rely on faith belief. I believe, without faith, that our planet is alive. I am pagan.

You just try to distract from your failure to give rational thought why you believe as you do. I suggest you milk it as long as possible and hope you never have to explain yourself.
  6. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    08 Aug '17 08:09
    Thinking people are not one-dimensional. The more you learn and think, the muddier things get.

It does feel good and right to celebrate this world of ours, the here now and the awareness of these incredible cycles of nature.
  7. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    08 Aug '17 08:131 edit
    The reasons for my theism have nothing to do with any critical thinking skills I may or may not have and I'm surprised that a awesome critical thinker such as yourself wouldn't realise this.

However I do critically challenge my beliefs and attitudes, and I am open to having them critiqued by others, which is part of the reason I enjoy being a member of this forum.
    lol I realize bible-belief is irrational. I'm not an awesome critical thinker but you are so far behind the curve I guess it seems that way to you.

You are open to critique? So share your reasons for believing the bible tells you the truth about the nature of reality and the afterlife.
  8. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    08 Aug '17 08:44
    Originally posted by @fmf
    So that's "pagan" as in 'a person holding religious beliefs other than those of the main world religions" - and not "pagan" as in 'worshipping a non-Abrahamic god or gods'? As for your worship of nature ~ it's called "animism", right, or am I mistaken? ~ what exactly is the supernatural aspect of your belief, if any?
    False dichotomy, and yes you are mistaken, and none at all. I'm not sure what to expand on for you.
  9. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    08 Aug '17 08:492 edits
    It's "brain surgery" or it's "rocket science" Mr "Critical Thinker".
    😵
    But 'brain science' isn't nearly as humorous a play on phrases.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Aug '17 08:52
    False dichotomy, and yes you are mistaken, and none at all. I'm not sure what to expand on for you.
    You could expand on why you said: "You are mistaken".
  11. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    08 Aug '17 09:042 edits
    Originally posted by @fmf
    You could expand on why you said: "You are mistaken".
    Per wiki, animism encompasses the beliefs that all material phenomena have agency, that there exists no hard and fast distinction between the spiritual and physical (or material) world, and that soul or spirit or sentience exists not only in humans, but also in other animals, plants, rocks, geographic features such as mountains or rivers, or other entities of the natural environment, including thunder, wind, and shadows. Animism views all things—animals, plants, rocks, rivers, weather systems, human handiwork, and perhaps even words—as animated and alive.

I don't hold such belief.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Aug '17 09:07
    [Copy pasted text about something you don't believe from wiki]

I don't hold such belief.
    I am baffled why you are being evasive. So, I'll ask again. What exactly is the supernatural aspect of your belief, if any?
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    08 Aug '17 10:54
    google bible fallacies. For example. The field is so wide. But your last question:

I should believe in your bible why now?
    I don't need you for goggle, so give me some of your best shots.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    08 Aug '17 10:571 edit
    The reasons for my theism have nothing to do with any critical thinking skills I may or may not have and I'm surprised that a awesome critical thinker such as yourself wouldn't realise this. However I do critically challenge my beliefs and attitudes, and I am open to having them critiqued by others, which is part of the reason I enjoy being a member of this forum.
    Critical thinking does apply to everything not just one's beliefs. You seem to be suggesting
    that some beliefs are not worthy of thought, thinking things through, yet no examples, no
    argument, no examples. Please make a critical argument, or fade away.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Aug '17 18:01
    lol I realize bible-belief is irrational.
    But worshiping "Mother Nature" is rational?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree