church of no god

church of no god

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

e

london

Moves
04 Feb 06
1 edit

how about a new religion for those who dont believe, with all of the same rights afforded to all of those religions out there?

could it be a force for good and help to balance the situation which is a little out of hand?

any thoughts on this?

come on people, lets hear the arguments for and against

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
04 Feb 06

Originally posted by eamondo
how about a new religion for those who dont believe, with all of the same rights afforded to all of those religions out there?

could it be a force for good and help to balance the situation which is a little out of hand?

any thoughts on this?

come on people, lets hear the arguments for and against
Why would the people who don't believe want a religion?

TCE

Colorado

Moves
05 Feb 06

John Lennon would make a good savior. The atheists could play his “Imagine” song during services. He was martyred off and everything.

t
King of the Ashes

Trying to rise ....

Moves
05 Feb 06

But John Lennon was a hypocrite ... Oh, right. We're talking about making a religion, so that's all right.

TCE

Colorado

Moves
05 Feb 06
1 edit

Originally posted by thesonofsaul
But John Lennon was a hypocrite ... Oh, right. We're talking about making a religion, so that's all right.
Just a bit of humor. 🙂

Edit: Jesus was no hypocrite.

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
05 Feb 06

how about a new religion for those who dont believe
Seems like an oxymoron-ish idea, doesn't it?

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
05 Feb 06

Originally posted by thesonofsaul
Blashpemer. You should be burned at the stake for uttering heresy. So sayeth the non-existant canon of scripture of the non-existant religion for the non-religious people.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
05 Feb 06
2 edits

Originally posted by rwingett
Blashpemer. You should be burned at the stake for uttering heresy. So sayeth the non-existant canon of scripture of the non-existant religion for the non-religious people.
Changing the subject a little. I've been pondering your debate with DoctorScribbles. I would be interested in both of you presenting your case because "it's what Jesus would do." You don't really have to buy the "whole package" but I thought it would be an interesting road to take.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
05 Feb 06

Originally posted by kirksey957
Changing the subject a little. I've been pondering your debate with DoctorScribbles. I would be interested in both of you presenting your case because "it's what Jesus would do." You don't really have to buy the "whole package" but I thought it would be an interesting road to take.
No. I'll never do a debate like that again. I thought it might be fun, but I was wrong. It was an excruciatingly painful process.

N

The sky

Moves
05 Feb 06

What rights are you referring to?

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
05 Feb 06
1 edit

Why would the people who don't believe want a religion?
If God did not exist, it would be in mans nature to invent one.

Hmmm😉

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
05 Feb 06

Originally posted by huckleberryhound
If God did not exist, it would be in mans nature to invent one.

Hmmm😉
In pre-scientific cultures, perhaps. But I don't think that's true anymore.

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
05 Feb 06

In pre-scientific cultures, perhaps. But I don't think that's true anymore.
i could direct you back to the "is jimmy hendrix God" thread, but i cant be bothered. For the most part i think T.V is probably the most common seudo God we have, spitting out little god retards ad infinitum, telling all the drones what is good and bad.
Science is a fantastical guage of society. . .no offence

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
05 Feb 06

i could direct you back to the "is jimmy hendrix God" thread, but i cant be bothered. For the most part i think T.V is probably the most common seudo God we have, spitting out little god retards ad infinitum, telling all the drones what is good and bad.
Huh?

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
05 Feb 06

rec'd for pure, unadulterated incoherence.