1. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 17:53
    @pb1022 said
    <>Interestingly Paul, Peter, John, and Judde all spoke in similar terms about faith and works, and that faith alone is worthless>>

This is absolutely false.
    Paul in almost every single letter to the churches, spoke to these same born-again Christian Saints who had faith, who were saved by Grace and, who were justified, and told them that failure to do good works and live righteously means that they get cast out of the Kingdom of God.

That means that faith without works is worthless and DEAD

Faith and Works are two separate and distinct elements in a believers life.
    Faith does not automatically produce good works like what you mistakenly believe.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 18:00
    @rajk999 said
    Here we go ... more church lingo and terms not used in the bible designed to explain their false doctrines. No I do not know and neither do I care to know.
    Intellectual faith is absolutely referenced in the Holy Bible.

And aren’t you at all concerned about all the Scripture you have to ignore to believe your doctrine?

At one point you said only what Jesus Christ said to masses of people mattered. You ignore what He said to Nicodemus, what He said to small groups of Pharisees and you ignore much of what the Apostle Paul and the Apostle John (among others) wrote because it doesn’t agree with your doctrine.

Does having to ignore all that Scripture, including Jesus’ own words, bother you?

Is your doctrine more important than the Bible?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 18:02
    @rajk999 said
    Paul in almost every single letter to the churches, spoke to these same born-again Christian Saints who had faith, who were saved by Grace and, who were justified, and told them that failure to do good works and live righteously means that they get cast out of the Kingdom of God.

Faith and Works are two s ...[text shortened]... a believers life.
    Faith does not automatically produce good works like what you mistakenly believe.
    <<Faith and Works are two separate and distinct elements in a believers life.
    Faith does not automatically produce good works like what you mistakenly believe.>>

Saving faith does. Intellectual faith doesn’t.

Saving faith leads to the indwelling of God’s Holy Spirit in a believer which changes that believer’s heart and consequently his or her behavior.

Intellectual faith remains barren.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 18:07
    @rajk999 said
    Except James is the odd man out.
    I don’t think so.

https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/do-paul-james-disagree-on-justification-by-faith-alone/
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 18:13
    @pb1022 said
    <<Faith and Works are two separate and distinct elements in a believers life.
    Faith does not automatically produce good works like what you mistakenly believe.>>

Saving faith does. Intellectual faith doesn’t.

Saving faith leads to the indwelling of God’s Holy Spirit in a believer which changes that believer’s heart and consequently his or her behavior.

Intellectual faith remains barren.
    Oh .. of course you are correct. It is written in your church manual.
    I got it.
  6. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 18:16
    @pb1022 said
    Why are there so many doctrinal arguments in Christianity if the Scriptures flow so well together?
    Perhaps you should employ your peerless comprehension skills to figure out who made that point and then take it up with them?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 18:19
    @rajk999 said
    Oh .. of course you are correct. It is written in your church manual.
    I got it.
    https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Saving-Faith

Those who have an open mind will click the link.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 18:22
    @avalanchethecat said
    Perhaps you should employ your peerless comprehension skills to figure out who made that point and then take it up with them?
    You claimed, if I’m not mistaken, that the “flow” in the Holy Bible was artificially induced by the men who selected books to include in the Bible.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 18:37
    @rajk999 said

Are you familiar with Galatians, Ephesians and Romans? And those are just off the top of my head.

The entire book of Galatians is a refutation of what you’re claiming!
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 18:38
    @avalanchethecat said
    The books which make up the bible were selected though, and by men, not god. Other scripture which did not fit with the accepted canon did not make the cut and has been consigned to history. The 'flow' you perceive is artificially induced.
    Look, if it is all man-made, everything about it will be that, but as I pointed out to you, the more unlikely something could occur that did happen did we can no longer justly say so what it happened and always could and would. So there are 66 different books, around 40 different people who wrote them, the vast majority one race, but not all. Throughout, say, 1500 years, most of it pointed to one guy who would show up, and Jesus did, and the world changed.

I'm not sure how God leads us as a people; for me, it would be like herding cats. I'm also unsure why, now and then, I look around and say, okay, not bad, but when you start looking at the state of the world, the corruption within it, and realize at our worse that was what God was looking at when He redeemed us. The writings that point to that are unique, the grace that God gives us simply keeping us alive so we could make that choice toward Him.

They were written in different places, under different conditions, and because of those writings, we know about a guy who should have been swallowed up in history to be less than a footnote; instead, the world changes around Him.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 18:38
    @pb1022 said
    https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Saving-Faith

Those who have an open mind will click the link.
    I tried but I cannot access the file. There is a BS blocker on my router firewall.. sorry.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 18:412 edits
    @pb1022 said
    Are you familiar with Galatians, Ephesians and Romans? And those are just off the top of my head.

The entire book of Galatians is a refutation of what you’re claiming!
    Paul to the born again Christian Saints in Galatia

Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.(Galatians [5:19-21 KJV)

If what you say is true then there would be no need for Paul to say that.
    According to you they have eternal life, and all their sins are forgiven

There is NO INHEITANCE for Christian Saints who live in sin
  13. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 18:44
    @kellyjay said
    Look, if it is all man-made, everything about it will be that, but as I pointed out to you, the more unlikely something could occur that did happen did we can no longer justly say so what it happened and always could and would. So there are 66 different books, around 40 different people who wrote them, the vast majority one race, but not all. Throughout, say, 1500 years, mos ...[text shortened]... have been swallowed up in history to be less than a footnote; instead, the world changes around Him.
    That's one way of looking at things, and if it works for you and makes you feel better about the world, about people and about the human condition then that's a good thing, and I'd hate to convince you that you were wrong so I'm not going to try. In fact, while I cannot share it, I do actually rather envy you your faith.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 18:541 edit
    @rajk999 said

If you are walking in faith, what you are doing is because you believe it is the way to go according to your faith. Thus the saying, "walking in faith," while believing in something and not following through, isn't unheard of either, and more than likely the default with people. We know we shouldn't live our lives just for ourselves, yet, many do, we know we shouldn't lie and steal, yet some do; we think we should care for others and not hate them, and yet we do. This will be the damning thing with people when we are judged according to how we judged; we condemn someone for something we do, we will have no excuse, we don't forgive even though we are forgiven Jesus says we will not be forgiven. I just read today something that fits this conversation. Jesus never called us to join some denomination; He called us to be born again, with the Spirit of God, we don't do that we don't belong to Him.

Do you think God isn't aware of your faults, or do you think that God is obligated to forgive and accept you because of your works? You like running down people who go to church; they go because they believe they should, walking out their faith. Do some go who have hearts far from God, I believe the majority are like that but condemn the whole is utterly uncalled for and dishonest.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 18:57
    @rajk999 said
    I tried but I cannot access the file. There is a BS blocker on my router firewall.. sorry.
    That link was to a site that only contained verses from the Holy Bible on saving faith, no commentary.

The fact you’re not willing to read anything that doesn’t agree with your doctrine tells me you’re not very confident your doctrine is correct.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree