1. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 14:36
    Here's why -
    James is the Apostle that repeats in bold brash terms certain truths spoken by Jesus CHrist, pertaining to good works and righteousness, and which run contrary to their church doctrine -

1. Faith and works are two separate and distinct elements both of which are required to be a righteous Christian Saint.
    2. Faith without works is dead.

Here is a conversation I had with a Christian poster :
    Me - dead faith goes nowhere.

Poster - You still don’t get how belief and faith are connected to good works and keeping the commandments. You seem to think they’re totally separate and they’re not. They’re completely connected.

Me - quotes James What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? ... Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

Poster - What I wrote, about faith and good works being inseparable, isn’t taught, it’s experienced.

Questions and derogatory comments from this poster about James and his writings started :
    I’d love to know who James was addressing. If I had to guess, I’d say he was addressing very new believers or unbelievers.
    James - the James believed to have written the book of James - was not of the 12 disciples of Jesus Christ, and, if my memory is correct, he was in conflict with several apostles of Jesus’ for trying to teach people to go back to the law. He also, if my memory is correct, was not a follower of Jesus’ until *after* Jesus’ Resurrection.

Continued questioning of the authenticity of James by Christians. These are not new and over the years faith only Christians have sought to ridicule these writings casting doubt on its veracity.

Interestingly Paul, Peter, John, and Judde all spoke in similar terms about faith and works, and that faith alone is worthless
  2. Standard memberPaladin I
    LEROYBROWN
    south side of chitow
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 15:19
    religious weirdo alert lol
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 15:191 edit
    @rajk999 said
    Here's why -
    James is the Apostle that repeats in bold brash terms certain truths spoken by Jesus CHrist, pertaining to good works and righteousness, and which run contrary to their church doctrine -

1. Faith and works are two separate and distinct elements both of which are required to be a righteous Christian Saint.
    2. Faith without works is dead.

Here is a convers ...[text shortened]... n, and Judde all spoke in similar terms about faith and works, and that faith alone is worthless[/b]
    Following the Lord, the top two commandments are to Love God and each other. You love others not just with feelings, as God didn't love us with just feelings. He saw our need and did something as we do when caring for our families and those around us. The brainwashing being done is by you, which runs completely counter to scripture, is that our works save us, no, Jesus Christ, because God's eternal love saves as we put our faith in Him.

We are saved by grace alone, through faith alone, through Jesus alone, the fruit of that will be good works, we are saved brought into fellowship with God as Jesus prayed we would be not continue in our sinful lives. We are to live good, holy, obedient, righteous lives in Christ, and we cannot live good lives without God, for only God is good; if you don't have the Spirit of God, you don't belong to Him.

Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us, and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 1 John 4:10

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 15:42
    @kellyjay said
    Following the Lord, the top two commandments are to Love God and each other. You love others not just with feelings, as God didn't love us with just feelings. He saw our need and did something as we do when caring for our families and those around us. The brainwashing being done is by you, which runs completely counter to scripture, is that our works save us, no, Jesus Chris ...[text shortened]... egotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16
    It's interesting that you didn't mention James in your response.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 15:46
    @fmf said
    It's interesting that you didn't mention James in your response.
    Why does that matter, James like all biblical writers were inspired by the Holy Spirit; if you look at scripture, it all flows together. The messages found within from God are not in conflict with other writers with messages from God; God is not a God of confusion even if some people see it that way, it is typically because they have twisted something to make what is in the Bible suit them not them repenting due to what is in the Bible.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 15:53
    @paladin-i said
    religious weirdo alert lol
    A shameless fake profile creator in action . In the space of a few hrs, you created a profile, played out 4 games [3 or 4 moves in each and then resigning them], and started commenting in the forums. Everybody knows who you are.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 15:54
    @kellyjay said
    Why does that matter, James like all biblical writers were inspired by the Holy Spirit; if you look at scripture, it all flows together. The messages found within from God are not in conflict with other writers with messages from God; God is not a God of confusion even if some people see it that way, it is typically because they have twisted something to make what is in the Bible suit them not them repenting due to what is in the Bible.
    The topic is about James. If you have nothing relevant to say, then say nothing, instead of spamming the thread with your nonsense.
  8. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 15:57
    @kellyjay said
    Maybe the writers were 'inspired by the Holy Spirit', or maybe scripture which didn't 'flow together' wasn't selected for inclusion in the bible. One of these things seems more likely than the other.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 15:59
    @rajk999 said
    A shameless fake profile creator in action . In the space of a few hrs, you created a profile, played out 4 games [3 or 4 moves in each and then resigning them], and started commenting in the forums. Everybody knows who you are.
    I wonder why someone would be so dishonest to pull stunts like that. What a pathetic person they cannot just be authentic instead out of the darkness and with deceit would create fake profiles to do such things. I don't look for stuff like that, good eye rajk999.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 16:01
    @avalanchethecat said
    Maybe the writers were 'inspired by the Holy Spirit', or maybe scripture which didn't 'flow together' wasn't selected for inclusion in the bible. One of these things seems more likely than the other.
    What seems likely does seem to come up a lot for many things in and out of just scriptural text.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 16:02
    @avalanchethecat said
    The more unlikely something is that is true does point to something more than just a well; what else could happen?
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 16:06
    @kellyjay said
    I wonder why someone would be so dishonest to pull stunts like that. What a pathetic person they cannot just be authentic instead out of the darkness and with deceit would create fake profiles to do such things. I don't look for stuff like that, good eye rajk999.
    Why are people dishonest ? Who knows ... maybe he is a born again Christian Saint, saved by Grace, justified by the blood of Christ, regenerated into eternal life ... but a liar and a deceiver.

Why I see it? Dunno .. maybe I see things you dont and Im sure you see things I cant.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 16:08
    @avalanchethecat said
    Apparently the Bible is the inspired word of God, except for the book of James.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 16:47
    @rajk999 said
    The topic is about James. If you have nothing relevant to say, then say nothing, instead of spamming the thread with your nonsense.
    James is a Biblical writer, who like all of them, said the things he said inspired by the Spirit of God and his relationship with the Word of God. He is just as valid as every other writer of scripture, nothing more and nothing less than either. So everything said about scripture applies to James, those that read his book and those that read all of the others will find a set of writings that teach the same message, not one that is true with James and not with Paul or John.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 16:55
    @rajk999 said
    Why are people dishonest ? Who knows ... maybe he is a born again Christian Saint, saved by Grace, justified by the blood of Christ, regenerated into eternal life ... but a liar and a deceiver.

Why I see it? Dunno .. maybe I see things you dont and Im sure you see things I cant.
    Maybe he thinks he can do anything, and as long as he has a few good works under his belt, that makes him a good person, so God HAS TO accept him! Maybe he has no fear of hell because he doesn't believe in it, so lying is no big deal; he lies because he thinks what he is trying to do is good. If he thinks God is of no concern since there is no threat of hell, anything goes. Maybe he has no belief in God, and if he can get away with it, who cares? No one can know.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree