1. Graceland.
    Moves
    15 Mar '05 16:00
    Originally posted by Starrman
    Oh come on, pcaspian, you really are clutching at straws here. Do you have a point?
    I am simply disputing your claim that people with faith are foolish
    "Anyone that believes in something which is not proveable is a fool.""

True, I believe your mother loves you, but you have little proof to go by. All you can do is build up a belief based on her previous actions that she indeed loves you. Any sceptic however could claim that is in no way concrete proof.

How many times a day do you think does some guy gets dumped when he could have sworn his girlfriend only had eyes for him ? Faith is all you have to go on most of the time.

2. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    15 Mar '05 16:151 edit
    Originally posted by pcaspian
    I am simply disputing your claim that people with faith are foolish
    "Anyone that believes in something which is not proveable is a fool.""

True, I believe your mother loves you, but you have little proof to go by. All you ca ...[text shortened]... yes for him ? Faith is all you have to go on most of the time.

I have no time for true skeptics. The idea of not being able to demonstrate something because you cannot have sureity that you are either percieving it correctly or are in fact even there to percieve it is IMO nonsense. To construct a reality in which you remove the very sensory abilities that define that reality is to my mind a farce. This is not a matter of faith, you are claiming I must resort to faith because of the skeptical possibility that what I percieve does not exist and since I disagree with this, I have no need for faith in the matter. I know my mother loves me because she demonstrates it.

My initial post about foolishness was, I agree, a touch flippant, but I was taking umbrage with being told I was a fool for arguing against god. Especially annoying, considering that the post was using a kind of reverse skepticism.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree