1. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    09 Jul '05 04:311 edit
    Sound good to you?

"The national government... will maintain and defend the foundations on which the power of our nation rests. It will offer strong protection to Christianity as the very basis of our collective morality."

"Today Christians... stand at the head of [our country]. I pledge that I will never tie myself to parties who want to destroy Christianity...We want to fill our culture again with the Christian spirit.... We want to burn out all the recent immoral developments in literature, in the theatre, and in the press - in short, we want to burn out the poison of immorality which has entered into our whole life and culture as a result of liberal excess during the past... few years."
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Jul '05 05:05
    Originally posted by David C
    Sound good to you?

"The national government... will maintain and defend the foundations on which the power of our nation rests. It will offer strong protection to Christianity as the very basis of our collective morality."

"Today Christians... stand at the head of [our country]. I pledge that I will never tie myself to parties who want to des ...[text shortened]... our whole life and culture as a result of liberal excess during the past... few years."
    Does not sound good to me, besides it is against the law.
    Kelly
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Jul '05 06:57
    Who said it?
  4. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    10 Jul '05 05:11
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Does not sound good to me, besides it is against the law.
    Kelly
    Which part of the quote is against exactly which law, now?
  5. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    10 Jul '05 05:12
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    Who said it?
    Why? Does the quote not stand on its' own merit?
  6. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    10 Jul '05 05:42
    Why? Does the quote not stand on its' own merit?
    Hitler?
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    10 Jul '05 06:45
    Yep. Hitler.

http://www.christianethicstoday.com/Issue/045/EthixBytes_045_03_.htm
  8. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    10 Jul '05 06:46
    Spoilsports. 😵
  9. Standard memberOmnislash
    Digital Blasphemy
    Omnipresent
    Moves
    10 Jul '05 08:221 edit
    Sound good to you?

" ...[text shortened]... a result of liberal excess during the past... few years."
    I find the quote to be highly open to interpretation. I would be far more inclined to support the speaker if they were more specific in what they considered to be "Christian".

Of all the people in this world who call themselves Christian, few factions acknowledge many other factions to be "Christian". The very term by which such a world wide multitude self labels themselves has come to be rather vague in definition. Thusly, before I say yay or nay to this speakers support of "Christianity as the very basis of our collective morality" I would like to know what his/her personal identity of Christianity is.

Furthermore, I am loath to support such a mix of religion and politics. When I speak of sociological matters I do not have to hid behind my belief system to validate my logic. When I am church, I speak of church. When I speak in public forum I speak of public issues. My personal theological beliefs may shape my motive, but if I am to suggest sociological reform to my neighbor I must speak of logic, not my beliefs. While the principle and overall lesson may be the same, when I speak of such reform I do so in terms of positives and negatives. That which is beneficial to the people, and that which is destructive.

I would be far more inclined to support a person who speaks in such terms than a person who just so happens to have the self applied label as myself.

Best Regards,

Omnislash

EDIT: Postponed posting this while site was down. Naturally, between the time of writing this and it actually being posted the source was revealed. Go figure. 😀
  10. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    11 Jul '05 16:40
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Yep. Hitler.

http://www.christianethicstoday.com/Issue/045/EthixBytes_045_03_.htm
    Rats, I guessed wrong. I thought it sounded like George W.
  11. England
    Moves
    12 Jul '05 11:59
    just because hitler said it does that dismiss the sentiment. should not as a christian based laws and faith not stand our ground i do not belive that we should insist on our faith in lands whom follow other gods, i do however shiver at some who would take the "burn out" very serious.
  12. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    12 Jul '05 12:291 edit
    Spoilsports. 😵
    sorry....

can I atone for my interference with a slight example of why a non-scientific belief's use of pseudo-science is so dangerous.

http://www.eugenicsarchive.org/eugenics/

Also the rise of the right-wing in America started when Lyndon Johnson signed a civil rights law.
  13. Joined
    27 Mar '05
    Moves
    13 Jul '05 23:49
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    Rats, I guessed wrong. I thought it sounded like George W.
    Actually, George W. Bush = Hitler, according to you libs out there. Or is it Ashcroft = Hitler? I forget WHO equals Hitler this week... maybe Karl Rove?
  14. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    14 Jul '05 00:121 edit
    Originally posted by TheBloop
    Actually, George W. Bush = Hitler, according to you libs out there. Or is it Ashcroft = Hitler? I forget WHO equals Hitler this week... maybe Karl Rove?
    two big differences in their backgrounds Bush was not driven insane by trench warfare and Bush only believes in money.
  15. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    14 Jul '05 01:26
    Sound good to you?

"Today Christians... stand at the head of [our country]. I pledge that I will never tie myself to parties who want to des ...[text shortened]... our whole life and culture as a result of liberal excess during the past... few years."
    which type of Christians?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree