Christianity conceptualised Freewill

Christianity conceptualised Freewill

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
26 May 06

Originally posted by Vladamir no1
Guilt existed before christianity, but guilt is not intrinsic as it is a social fabrication. And freewill was not considered before the advent of christianity, as people belived in fate which is predetermined............
OK, so if it is not intrinsic, how then did it get incorporated into society? Perhaps aliens came down to teach us?

Vn

Moves
26 May 06

Originally posted by whodey
OK, so if it is not intrinsic, how then did it get incorporated into society? Perhaps aliens came down to teach us?
Morality was created to control us and through morality guilt cam,e about, did you think we we're born with guiilt and morals!!!!

w

Moves
26 May 06

Originally posted by darvlay
Sociopath.
Like I said, Sociopath.

w

Moves
26 May 06

Guilt existed before christianity, but guilt is not intrinsic as it is a social fabrication. And freewill was not considered before the advent of christianity, as people belived in fate which is predetermined............
So if guilt was not created by Christianity, then what is your beef with Christianity? It seems to me that Christianity is merely helping people come to terms with their guilt, thus freeing them of the societal chains of guilt.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 May 06

So if guilt was not created by Christianity, then what is your beef with Christianity? It seems to me that Christianity is merely helping people come to terms with their guilt, thus freeing them of the societal chains of guilt.
The beef is that free will was invented to perpetuate guilt.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 May 06

Christianity conceptualised Freewill, to bestow humanity with guilt and to prey upon that guilt.
We have no freewill, when people realise this will they finally lay to one side this archaic worldview that we call Christianity?
I know you've mentioned that Hellenists wouldn't have believed in free will. But what of other societies? Surely Christians weren't the first to conceive of free will since, intuitively, it seems compelling. What of Jews?

w

Moves
27 May 06

Originally posted by Conrau K
The beef is that free will was invented to perpetuate guilt.
How can this be proved?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 May 06

How can this be proved?
I'm not sure I agree with Vlad. I guess his criticism is that the motive behind Chirstianity's development of the concept of free will, was to create guilt.

I'll leave Vlad up to proving his thesis.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
27 May 06

Morality was created to control us and through morality guilt cam,e about, did you think we we're born with guiilt and morals!!!!
Prove it.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 May 06

Originally posted by Halitose
Prove it.
Hypocrite

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
27 May 06

Hypocrite
He claimed that morality was created. I'm asking for proof. What's hypocritical about that?

w

Moves
27 May 06
1 edit

I'm not sure I agree with Vlad. I guess his criticism is that the motive behind Chirstianity's development of the concept of free will, was to create guilt.

I'll leave Vlad up to proving his thesis.
Very well. So its believing Vlad verses believing Christ. My money's on Christ.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 May 06

Very well. So its believing Vlad verses believing Christ. My money's on Christ.
Not necassarily Christ. My bet is that it will be the Catholic church.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
28 May 06

Indeed. He insinuates that guilt was created by Christianity. In reality, however, we know guilt to be part of the human condition no matter the exposure to religious preferences. He does not consider the possibility that Christianity merely comes to terms with it.
absolutely, but you guys did a fantastic job of sharpening that stick with the concept of "sin".

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
29 May 06
1 edit

Christianity conceptualised Freewill, to bestow humanity with guilt and to prey upon that guilt.
We have no freewill, when people realise this will they finally lay to one side this archaic worldview that we call Christianity?
ROLF

You don't think you have choices, the ability to do what you will within
the power of your abilities, within the limitations the universe places
upon you?

Instead you believe your choices are forced upon you from an outside
force, or an inside force, maybe the devil made you do it, or God did,
or maybe the little ole lady down the street?
Kelly