Christian....

Christian....

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
31 Oct 10
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
its an excellent question indeed, it seems to me that a Christian is someone who follows and practices the teachings of Christ.
N/A

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
31 Oct 10

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Nope.

I'll ask again, what language?
I'm not going to repeat it...Lol

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
31 Oct 10

Originally posted by KellyJay
Okay, let me write down the date, here it goes.

Well said rwingett!

Kelly
He must be running a fever....Lol.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
31 Oct 10

Originally posted by rwingett
How should I know?

Only the passages that I like are authentic. The rest are Pauline corruptions. 😉
Hilarious!

Please don't stop.

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
31 Oct 10

Originally posted by galveston75
Using that language will get you kicked of the forums sir...
Oh noes fearsome moderator eyez apologize! Oh wait, you're not a mod, silly me. Focus on the question and not the mode in which it was delivered and you'll be better off Sally.

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
31 Oct 10

its an excellent question indeed, it seems to me that a Christian is someone who follows and practices the teachings of Christ.
Really, so the endless old testament sermons are useless drivel afterall?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
31 Oct 10
2 edits

He must be running a fever....Lol.
🙂 I've actually agreed with quite a few times over the years here I should say, it
does happen.
Kelly

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
31 Oct 10

Originally posted by KellyJay
🙂 I've actually agreed with quite a few times over the years here I should say, it
does happen.
Kelly
Sorry that was for rwingett. 🙂

rc

Moves
31 Oct 10
1 edit

Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
Really, so the endless old testament sermons are useless drivel afterall?
umm i dont know or if you are even aware, the Hebrew portion of the scripture to which you refer to, albeit somewhat inaccurately as the 'old testament', are quoted in whole or in part hundreds of times in the Greek portion of scriptures, making your statement inaccurate at best and simply ignorant at worse, perhaps you would you like to try again?

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
31 Oct 10

umm i dont know or if you are even aware, the Hebrew portion of the scripture to which you refer to, albeit somewhat inaccurately as the 'old testament', are quoted in whole or in part hundreds of times in the Greek portion of scriptures, making your statement inaccurate at best and simply ignorant at worse, perhaps you would you like to try again?
You specifically said " teachings of Christ." It's a matter of interpretation as to whether or not you mean his words alone.

rc

Moves
31 Oct 10

Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
You specifically said " teachings of Christ." It's a matter of interpretation as to whether or not you mean his words alone.
Christ himself quotes extensively from the Hebrew portion of scripture, making the scriptures not a collection of sixty six unrelated books, but a whole, thus it is clear that it refers to Christ's teachings which themselves had a basis in the earlier portions of scripture, one cannot differentiate between the two so as to state, this has no significance, for clearly if that is the case, and it is, the earlier portions have great significance as well, do they not?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
01 Nov 10

So a couple qualities we need to have or learn to have is " Kindness & Goodness."
Gal 5:22.

Moves
01 Nov 10

What does it mean to be a Christian and what responsabilites come with being a Christian?
Which denomination, sect, cult, regional or historical division did you have in mind?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
01 Nov 10

Originally posted by divegeester
Which denomination, sect, cult, regional or historical division did you have in mind?
The question is at my first post.
But in reality their should not be sects, religions, cults, etc. That was not the thought behind Jesus's teachings. But it's mans dealing that has caused the divisions of Jesus's word and the Bible in general.
So if one were to follow what Jesus taught with no influance from man's opinions, what should a "Christian" be doing in his everyday like with his dealings with man and more importantly with God?

n

Moves
01 Nov 10

Originally posted by rwingett
How should I know?

Only the passages that I like are authentic. The rest are Pauline corruptions. 😉
Top 10 posts i have ever read candidate.

ROTFLMAO