Christian delusions and deceptions:

Christian delusions and deceptions:

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
24 Sep 13

Originally posted by josephw
One day every knee will bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.
Evidence points to the contrary.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
25 Sep 13

Originally posted by sonhouse
That was the assumption left the troops I think. They were led to believe it was coming soon. Not 2000 frigging years later.

The way it is now makes it a perpetual scam.
It has been said/taught by some theologian types that Paul believed the "rapture" was eminent, but later in life changed his mind. I believe the "rapture" is eminent, and that can last for a long time.

But there's a great deal more to that line of reasoning than meets the eye. The second coming is a different matter altogether. A lot of history has to transpire before those prophetic events begin to occur.

In the mean time take my advice and forget about time. You should focus instead on not being so cock sure there's no God.

What gets to me is how one can be so casual about things beyond our comprehension. I don't know how God created the universe, and neither does anyone else. All we know is that He spoke it into existence.

On the other hand an evolutionist will talk as though it's a forgone conclusion that the universe came into existence by whatever means the latest theory happens to suggest.

I hate to make this personal sonhouse, but your arguments in this forum denouncing the Christian God and those that believe in Him are rife with emotion. I think your capacity to reason logically is severely hampered by your undisguised hatred and fear. Don't think I enjoyed saying that either. Just sayin'. For your sake! 😳

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 Sep 13

Originally posted by wolfgang59
It's a huge coincidence that most children share their parents' religious beliefs - don't you think?
Parents should teach their children. They should not just leave it all to the government schools.

The Instructor

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
25 Sep 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
Parents should teach their children. They should not just leave it all to the government schools.

The Instructor
Which is why I keep hoping for the un-religion virus, people get it and look at their bibles and Quran's and go, we used to believe all that utter shyte? And they shudder, sigh a sigh of relief that religious wars are in the past and kids won't grow up with fairy tales told as truth.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
25 Sep 13

The Instructor
So you are OK with most of the world's children being taught religious lies?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Sep 13
1 edit

So you are OK with most of the world's children being taught religious lies?
I wish that all the children would be taught the truth of Christ without any of the lies of Satan.

The Instructor

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
26 Sep 13

I wish that all the children would be taught the truth of Christ without any of the lies of Satan.

The Instructor
So you think it wrong that children are taught Satan's lies?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 Sep 13
1 edit

So you think it wrong that children are taught Satan's lies?
What I meant to say is that I believe it is wrong to teach children to believe that Satan's lies are the truth. I believe one of those lies is the theory of evilution because to believe that undermines ones faith in the truth of the Genesis account of creation and the belief in God and Christ. However, I would not object to teaching children to believe that the theory of evilution is a lie.

The Instructor

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
28 Sep 13

What I meant to say is that I believe it is wrong to teach children to believe that Satan's lies are the truth. I believe one of those lies is the theory of evilution because to believe that undermines ones faith in the truth of the Genesis account of creation and the belief in God and Christ. However, I would not object to teaching children to believe that the theory of evilution is a lie.

The Instructor
If evolution is from Satan, your god is more than welcome to refute it. Humans
saying evolution is from Satan is a joke.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Sep 13

Originally posted by sonhouse
If evolution is from Satan, your god is more than welcome to refute it. Humans
saying evolution is from Satan is a joke.
It is no joke to me.

The Instructor

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
28 Sep 13

It is no joke to me.

The Instructor
Of course, being a humorless old fart.