Catholicism and the Intrinsically Disordered

Catholicism and the Intrinsically Disordered

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

l

London

Moves
27 Sep 05

Originally posted by bbarr
Again, the issue isn't marriage. The issue is allowing priests an outlet for healthy sexual expression, rather than taking something as fundamental to our biological nature as our sexuality and repressing it. I placed this point within the context of marriage because I'm sure you folk wouldn't want priests having any sort of sex outside of marriage.
Again, if that were true, shouldn't it turn up as a difference of minor abuse rates? After all, aren't a far greater number of married men sexually active than celibate priests?

The facts simply do not support your argument - as reasonable as it might be.

l

London

Moves
27 Sep 05

Originally posted by kirksey957
How would restoring their credibility look like to you?
Could you clarify the question, please?

Are you asking what the process of restoration would look like? Or what the result will look like?

l

London

Moves
29 Sep 05

Originally posted by lucifershammer
Could you clarify the question, please?

Are you asking what the process of restoration would look like? Or what the result will look like?
*bump*

kirksey?

s

Et in Arcadia ego...

Moves
02 Oct 05
1 edit

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
Have the Pope start burning child molesting priests at the stake. The Church has certainly applied that punishment for lesser crimes.
What are you implying? That the Church traditionally advocated punitive practices which we Westerners now consider brutal??

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
02 Oct 05

Originally posted by sjeg
What are you implying? That the Church traditionally advocated punitive practices which we Westerners now consider brutal??
Yes.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
02 Oct 05

Yes.
It would be a good and enlightening quest not to compare today's views to the past's views, but the past's secular, wordly views to the past's religious, ecclesiastical views.

http://www.crisismagazine.com/october2003/madden.htm

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
02 Oct 05

Originally posted by ivanhoe
It would be a good and enlightening quest not to compare today's views to the past's views, but the past's secular, wordly views to the past's religious, ecclesiastical views.

Why is that whenever you post a link to an article, the site I am directed to displays a picture of the Pope?

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
02 Oct 05

It sounds like you are invoking moral relativism.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
02 Oct 05

Why is that whenever you post a link to an article, the site I am directed to displays a picture of the Pope?
LMAO!

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
02 Oct 05

"One of the most enduring myths of the Inquisition is that it was a tool of oppression imposed on unwilling Europeans by a power-hungry Church. Nothing could be more wrong. In truth, the Inquisition brought order, justice, and compassion to combat rampant secular and popular persecutions of heretics."

Come on, Ivanhoe. This is crap.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
02 Oct 05

"Twice-told tales
The rhetoric surrounding the Catholic Church’s current priest sex-abuse scandal owes much to the 19th century’s sensational anti-Catholic propaganda"

http://www.bostonphoenix.com/boston/news_features/top/features/documents/02299171.htm

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
02 Oct 05

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
"Twice-told tales
The rhetoric surrounding the Catholic Church’s current priest sex-abuse scandal owes much to the 19th century’s sensational anti-Catholic propaganda"

http://www.bostonphoenix.com/boston/news_features/top/features/documents/02299171.htm
oh boy, they're really laying it on thick, ain't they?

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
02 Oct 05

Just wait ...... 😉

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
02 Oct 05

"One of the most enduring myths of the Inquisition is that it was a tool of oppression imposed on unwilling Europeans by a power-hungry Church. Nothing could be more wrong. In truth, the Inquisition brought order, justice, and compassion to combat rampant secular and popular persecutions of heretics."

Ivanhoe, how can you in good conscience even link to a site with this
quotation?

Nemesio

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
02 Oct 05
2 edits

Is it ? If you put it in the articles's context the quote becomes quite clear.