catholic church - PEDO PEDO PEDO priests

catholic church - PEDO PEDO PEDO priests

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Apr 10

Originally posted by galveston75
Lol..A vast number of JW's were Catholics. I know thousands. Many were scholars and they say they never knew the Bible until the Witnesses studied with them and when they finally let themselves get the truth in their hearts..and not just using their brain.
Knowledge means NOTHING until if get's into the heart.
Are these the same Catholics who said they believed the Pope to be God on earth? Give me a break, Galvo, you have only met a handful of Catholics at the most and none of them were scholars.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
26 Apr 10

Originally posted by Conrau K
Are these the same Catholics who said they believed the Pope to be God on earth? Give me a break, Galvo, you have only met a handful of Catholics at the most and none of them were scholars.
Like heck I havent..who do you know that I do? You know no one so that's quite a stupid assumpiton don't you think?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
26 Apr 10

Originally posted by generalissimo
I guess we'll just have to rely on your word, which isn't very reliable.
I find this highly unlikely, but nevertheless, are you saying they now believe all the stuff JWs believe? If thats the case, Im afraid the only thing they succeeded in was in totally ignoring reason and common sense, not to mention the truth about Jesus.

[b]..and not just usin ...[text shortened]... nstead believe it regardless of how wild it sounds, this just keeps getting better and better.
Oh..and your word is? Prove it my master!!!!

Not that this will sink in your head but we a re all taught form the Bible to question our beliefs and put them to the test daily. The more we test the truer they get....Unlike like other religions such as the Catholics who have members running out the doors in disgust of their churches problems, we build thousands of Kindom Halls yearly in over 200 lands and have multiple congregatoions sharing them.
So taking to heart of testing out the scriptures daily has been a true point of the Witnesses. The more we study and see the truths in the bible and compare that to the false teachings of the bible, the farther we seperate ourselves form false religion just a God tells us to do.
As A result of that and us exposing those false teaching we will be ridiquiled, put in prisons and some will be killed for that just as Jesus was and many Christions by the Romans.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Apr 10

Like heck I havent..who do you know that I do? You know no one so that's quite a stupid assumpiton don't you think?
Considering the level of your ignorance and the comments of your friends, I think I can confidently judge that you have had minimal interaction with Catholics, especially any of a scholarly kind. Perhaps lapsed apathetic Catholics you know; but I doubt anything else.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Apr 10

Not that this will sink in your head but we a re all taught form the Bible to question our beliefs and put them to the test daily. The more we test the truer they get....Unlike like other religions such as the Catholics who have members running out the doors in disgust of their churches problems, we build ...[text shortened]... in prisons and some will be killed for that just as Jesus was and many Christions by the Romans.
The more we test the truer they get....Unlike like other religions such as the Catholics who have members running out the doors in disgust of their churches problems, we build thousands of Kindom Halls yearly in over 200 lands and have multiple congregatoions sharing them.

Image, Galvo, how different your life would be if you used evidence to back up your claims. You might remember that only a few weeks ago I posted an article which indicated that the Catholic Church is growing. New York reported thousands entering the Church this Easter.

Of course, many Catholics have lapsed and abandoned their Church. However, it would be naive to think this is because of the abuse scandal. A report commissioned in my country, Australia, found that most who have left the Church, did so because of the Church's teachings on abortion and homosexuality.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
26 Apr 10

[b]The more we test the truer they get....Unlike like other religions such as the Catholics who have members running out the doors in disgust of their churches problems, we build thousands of Kindom Halls yearly in over 200 lands and have multiple congregatoions sharing them.

Image, Galvo, how different your life would be if you used evidence to bac ...[text shortened]... o have left the Church, did so because of the Church's teachings on abortion and homosexuality.[/b]
You really have your head in the sand extremely deep don't you. Do you not read about the thousands of churches that have closed down? How the amount of young priest have slowed drasticly over the last few decades as well as Nuns? What world are you in?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Apr 10
1 edit

You really have your head in the sand extremely deep don't you. Do you not read about the thousands of churches that have closed down? How the amount of young priest have slowed drasticly over the last few decades as well as Nuns? What world are you in?
Many churches have been closed down, yes, because of the diminishing number of priests. I do not think that this can be directly linked to clerical abuse. I believe that it is symptomatic of broader societal patterns. Census data in Western countries shows an increasing number of atheists and a decline of religious attendance in all major Christian churches (in my state, Victoria, however, the Catholic Church reported an increase in attendance while Anglican and Uniting, the second major Christian churches, reported a decline.)

And I might also add, while there are fewer priests now, there are growing numbers of seminarians. My state has sixty. Should the majority of these be ordained, they will fill the shortage.

g

Pepperland

Moves
27 Apr 10

Not that this will sink in your head but we a re all taught form the Bible to question our beliefs and put them to the test daily. The more we test the truer they get....Unlike like other religions such as the Catholics who have members running out the doors in disgust of their churches problems, we build ...[text shortened]... in prisons and some will be killed for that just as Jesus was and many Christions by the Romans.

my word? Im not the one making bizarre and unsubstantiated claims, thats you.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
28 Apr 10

Many churches have been closed down, yes, because of the diminishing number of priests. I do not think that this can be directly linked to clerical abuse. I believe that it is symptomatic of broader societal patterns. Census data in Western countries shows an increasing number of atheists and a decline of religious attendance in all major Christian churches ...[text shortened]... ians. My state has sixty. Should the majority of these be ordained, they will fill the shortage.
The root problem is the lack of spritual food that the congregations are starving from the lack of. Jesus said to feed his little flock with the light or knowledge that would be getting brighter and brighter as the time drew near. Without a progressive spiritual food with the meat of the truth, not just the milk of babes as Jesus said most would partaking of.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
28 Apr 10
1 edit

In the latter days there will be a famine not for food but the word of God. Also Jesus said many will come in my name. Many will say the Christ is here or there but do not believe them for the Son of man will come on the clouds with power and great glory and every eye will see Him even those who pierced him !!

Manny

g

Pepperland

Moves
29 Apr 10

Not that this will sink in your head but we a re all taught form the Bible to question our beliefs and put them to the test daily.

and yet JWs continue to believe their nonsensical assumptions despite "questioning them daily"?

just how brainwashed are you people?

Unlike like other religions such as the Catholics who have members running out the doors in disgust of their churches problems

really? where?

we build thousands of Kindom Halls yearly in over 200 lands and have multiple congregatoions sharing them.

so you succeded in getting other idiots to believe the same garbage as you, congratulations.

God tells us to do

do you have his phone number? have you talked to him personally?

As A result of that and us exposing those false teaching we will be ridiquiled, put in prisons and some will be killed for that just as Jesus was and many Christions by the Romans.

no, you will be ridiculed because you're not only heretical (by going against the very teachings of the man you claim to follow), but because you don't make any sense.

DSJ

Lawrence, Ks

Moves
29 Apr 10

Lol..A vast number of JW's were Catholics. I know thousands. Many were scholars and they say they never knew the Bible until the Witnesses studied with them and when they finally let themselves get the truth in their hearts..and not just using their brain.
Knowledge means NOTHING until if get's into the heart.
Lol..A vast number of JW's were Catholics. I know thousands.

DON'T. MAKE. ME. LAUGH. I would be considerably surprised to have it proved that you've even met "thousands" of PEOPLE, let alone Catholics.

While I AM a catholic, I will not get in the middle of this argument. I was going to at first, until I read some of the well reasoned arguments put before you by others. Even the flipping ATHEIST has more sense in regard to the truths of your argument then you.

In other words, you are a fool.

You refuse to give proper explanation of your own faith to back up your claims... because you are too ignorant of even your own religion to do so.

No matter what concrete facts and statistics that are presented to you, you will never do anything more than parrot your rote bs ad nauseum.

Why? Because you don't want the truth. You don't want to hear the facts. You just want to spew the JW party line against another faith that threatens it. That would be ANY other faith with half an ounce of honest truth behind it. The Catholic church just happens to be one of the only churches left that is still "safe" to attack.

You just want to hear yourself sound smart.

Guess what... you've failed at every turn.

Congratulations!

Oh... BTW... You're also a coward. Way to be the confidant, brave JW, hiding behind the safety of your pseudonym. Would you have the same "courage" face to face with a catholic?

Doubtful.

DSJ

Lawrence, Ks

Moves
29 Apr 10

Oh, and in case you intend to portray me as a "cradle-Catholic" blinded by my up-bringing, let me nip that in the bud pre-emptively. I was raised, and baptised protestant. I studied many, MANY other faiths before coming to the Catholic church.

... Including yours.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Apr 10

The root problem is the lack of spritual food that the congregations are starving from the lack of. Jesus said to feed his little flock with the light or knowledge that would be getting brighter and brighter as the time drew near. Without a progressive spiritual food with the meat of the truth, not just the milk of babes as Jesus said most would partaking of.
What would you know? I know many holy women who spend hours in prayer, men and women who volunteer hours of their time. I know priests and religious who have dedicated their lives to others, who have worked in hospitals and schools. These are the most spiritual people there are and you have the temerity to think your superior. I doubt you compare in the slightest degree.