Can you imagine

Can you imagine

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Aug 09

Originally posted by buckky
I'm trying to imagine dropping dead, and ending up sitting before God waiting on Judgement. God would ask me why I refused to become a Christian, and I would tell him that it never seemed rational to me. It seemed incomprehensible because of numerous reasons among those the Attonement concept of a Blood sacrifice to appease an angry God after the outrage in t ...[text shortened]... out, and jump into the Lake of Fire. This would make an intereting movie don't you think ?
If you were drowning and someone threw you a life preserver, and
you rejected it and died, would your death be because you drowned
or that you rejected the life preserver?
Kelly

b
Filthy sinner

Outskirts of bliss

Moves
01 Aug 09

Originally posted by KellyJay
If you were drowning and someone threw you a life preserver, and
you rejected it and died, would your death be because you drowned
or that you rejected the life preserver?
Kelly
I don't get what you mean ? Are saying I'm headed for Hell, and the Christians are offering me a way out, and I'm refusing for some weak reason ? If I was in my right mind I would become a Christian, and avoid the Hell thing ? It's my own damn fault if I end up in Hell because of my rejection of the Truth ? Do you think I really want to go to Hell ,and I'm not becoming a Christian because of some sick need for punishment ? Explain please.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Aug 09

I don't get what you mean ? Are saying I'm headed for Hell, and the Christians are offering me a way out, and I'm refusing for some weak reason ? If I was in my right mind I would become a Christian, and avoid the Hell thing ? It's my own damn fault if I end up in Hell because of my rejection of the Truth ? Do you think I really want to go to Hell ,and I'm not becoming a Christian because of some sick need for punishment ? Explain please.
It was a simple question.
Kelly

Moves
01 Aug 09

Kelly
So, I ask again, does it work if you lie?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Aug 09

Originally posted by TerrierJack
So, I ask again, does it work if you lie?
Does what work if you lie?
Kelly

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
01 Aug 09

I'm trying to imagine dropping dead, and ending up sitting before God waiting on Judgement. God would ask me why I refused to become a Christian, and I would tell him that it never seemed rational to me. It seemed incomprehensible because of numerous reasons among those the Attonement concept of a Blood sacrifice to appease an angry God after the outrage in t ...[text shortened]... out, and jump into the Lake of Fire. This would make an intereting movie don't you think ?
"I'm trying to imagine dropping dead,.."

Why is that?

There's not much to imagine. You're going to drop dead.

Moves
01 Aug 09

Does what work if you lie?
Kelly
If you see no boat, no life preserver and no water to drown in then can you just announce that you are holding the life preserver. Will that lie will be sufficient to save you?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Aug 09

Why? Because he thinks the same about you? He claims however to believe about the same things as you (from my perspective) so if his beliefs warrant hell then why shouldn't yours?
Jack Chick is a truly evil, nasty and malicious person. He makes bigoted and paranoid statements that Catholics are taking over the world and that the Jesuits are infiltrating churches. The rests of his cartoons are practically about scaring children with images of devils and hellfire.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Aug 09

If you see no boat, no life preserver and no water to drown in then can you just announce that you are holding the life preserver. Will that lie will be sufficient to save you?
If you are drowning, it pretty much does not matter what you are
saying to yourself if you end up dying now does it?
Kelly

b
Filthy sinner

Outskirts of bliss

Moves
01 Aug 09

Kelly
A simple question with a complicated response. Respond please.

d

Moves
01 Aug 09

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Why do non-christians ask better questions about christianity than christians?
They don't a lot of the time, they only ask more stupid questions.

b
Filthy sinner

Outskirts of bliss

Moves
01 Aug 09

Originally posted by daniel58
They don't a lot of the time, they only ask more stupid questions.
Stupid comes from both sides of the fense. Actually we are all pretty stupid when it comes anything spiritual. Not enough to go on in the way of concrete facts. Speculation rules the day when it comes to spiritual matters, and that can lead to all kinds of stupid thinking, and some brillant concepts. Flip a coin to decide who has the right idea. I myself know nothing.

Moves
01 Aug 09

If you are drowning, it pretty much does not matter what you are
saying to yourself if you end up dying now does it?
Kelly
If there is no water - how can you be drowning?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Aug 09

A simple question with a complicated response. Respond please.
I don't think so, it was very straight forward, what you think the
answer means maybe complicated, but the question itself not so much.
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Aug 09

If there is no water - how can you be drowning?
Read the question, if you cannot grasp it, so be it.
Kelly