can you die after death?

can you die after death?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a
Andrew Mannion

Melbourne, Australia

Moves
01 Dec 06

Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
im pretty sure a God with godly powers has the strength to kill somebody for good.
As opposed to a God without godly powers?

E

Moves
01 Dec 06

Originally posted by amannion
As opposed to a God without godly powers?
how can there be a god without godly powers?

Cape Town

Moves
01 Dec 06

The whole concept of life after death relys on the concept of a timeline external to the universe but partially in sync with it.

l

Moves
02 Dec 06
2 edits

i am a buddhist\i believe in reincarnation\so you can die again & again\however, if you transcend birth & death, you are no longer subject to either\

E

Moves
02 Dec 06

Originally posted by lllaaaiiinnn
i am a buddhist\i believe in reincarnation\so you can die again & again\however, if you transcend birth & death, you are no longer subject to either\
what does that mean?

a
Andrew Mannion

Melbourne, Australia

Moves
03 Dec 06

how can there be a god without godly powers?
That was my question to you.
You stated 'a god with godly powers', suggesting the possibility of a god without godly powers.

a
Andrew Mannion

Melbourne, Australia

Moves
03 Dec 06

what does that mean?
It means that according to some Buddhist interpretations you remain on a cycle of birth then death then rebirth and so on until you reach enlightenment, when you escape from the endless birth rebirth cycle to a new, higher dimension - perhaps an analogy of the Christian heaven - but perhaps not.

E

Moves
03 Dec 06

That was my question to you.
You stated 'a god with godly powers', suggesting the possibility of a god without godly powers.
i was just reinforcing that a god can do impossible things, so he should be able to kill somebody; really kill somebody.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
03 Dec 06

Originally posted by ivanhoe
New American Standard Bible.

Revelation 2:11

' He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches He who overcomes will not be hurt by the [b]second death
.'

Revelation 2:10-12 (in Context) Revelation 2 (Whole Chapter)

Revelation 20:6

Blessed and holy is the one who has a part in the first resurrection; over these t ...[text shortened]... ch is the second death.[/b]"

Revelation 21:7-9 (in Context) Revelation 21 (Whole Chapter)[/b]
That last one says and all liars. We have all lied. So therefore repent and turn to God.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
03 Dec 06

Originally posted by RBHILL
That last one says and all liars. We have all lied. So therefore repent and turn to God.
RB, will you be playing in the atheists vs theists tournement?

E

Moves
03 Dec 06

It means that according to some Buddhist interpretations you remain on a cycle of birth then death then rebirth and so on until you reach enlightenment
thats kinda sad

a
Andrew Mannion

Melbourne, Australia

Moves
03 Dec 06

thats kinda sad
that's what I think about you and your beliefs, so it just depends on your perspective I guess.

E

Moves
03 Dec 06

that's what I think about you and your beliefs, so it just depends on your perspective I guess.
who would like to repeat life over and over and over until enlightenment? some people would never reach enlightenment.

a
Andrew Mannion

Melbourne, Australia

Moves
03 Dec 06

who would like to repeat life over and over and over until enlightenment? some people would never reach enlightenment.
who would like to be worried about whether or not they can die in heaven? some people never reach enlightenment

E

Moves
03 Dec 06

who would like to be worried about whether or not they can die in heaven? some people never reach enlightenment
if reincarnation is true, obviously im not enlightened, but how do you know who is enlightened and what is true?