Calling out Robbie Carobbie.

Calling out Robbie Carobbie.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Z

Moves
10 Feb 10

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
let us not kid ourselves Zapansy, he would notice, its like a rabbit to the eye of an eagle.
sarcasm.

you failed to notice it

rc

Moves
10 Feb 10

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
sarcasm.

you failed to notice it
perhaps, i am not very big on sarcasm.

Z

Moves
10 Feb 10

i don't have scriptural evidence of evolution

thankyou Zapansy, i hope you did not cough up any blood while formulating this rather sad admission.

secondly i am proffering nothing in respect of an assertion that i have not made. Both the church of England and the Catholic church as Noobster has pointed out, accept the teaching of evolution and ...[text shortened]... r doing so. As 'christians', what is there basis for doing so? i would really like to know.
oh yes, another mark of a true carrobie. take things out of context and use them to suit your needs.

of course, in your case maybe it's just that your didn't read anything else other than that statement. (incomplete)

Z

Moves
10 Feb 10

perhaps, i am not very big on sarcasm.
you are not very big on a lot of things.

rc

Moves
10 Feb 10

oh yes, another mark of a true carrobie. take things out of context and use them to suit your needs.

of course, in your case maybe it's just that your didn't read anything else other than that statement. (incomplete)
you are a catholic Zapansy, why does you're church contend that evolution and scripture are compatible.

rc

Moves
10 Feb 10
1 edit

you are not very big on a lot of things.
yes my tolerance for sarcasm, caustic diatribe, pseudo intellectualism, pseudo science, and non substantiated assertions is wearing quite thin, i have to admit.

Z

Moves
10 Feb 10

yes my tolerance for sarcasm, caustic diatribe, pseudo intellectualism, pseudo science, and non substantiated assertions is wearing quite thin, i have to admit.
oh, it is not our fault that you tire yourself. maybe if you would post less and read other posts more, you would get a lot less dosage of "caustic diatribe, pseudo intellectualism, pseudo science, and non substantiated assertions"

F

Moves
10 Feb 10

God is not science, i do not believe that God is science, where has this idea come from? I did not state it.

my position is simply this, that through an examination of the natural world, we can try to deduce certain qualities of the one who made these things, or put these processes in place. Is that so difficult to understand?

Lastly your a ...[text shortened]... d find that it is compatible with scripture, has it? which is the main point of Noobsters post.
I thought you took ID and creationism as science? Was I wrong in this? Then forgive me. ID and creationism has nothing to do science.

"my position is simply this, that through an examination of the natural world, we can try to deduce certain qualities of the one who made these things, or put these processes in place. Is that so difficult to understand?"

Then why are you so keen on the creation? Why deny the science behind evolution? Observations says clealy that evolution is a power in action.

Noobster? I don't know any Noobster. Who is he? Ah, you mean User 196163, okay. What did he say?

rc

Moves
10 Feb 10

oh, it is not our fault that you tire yourself. maybe if you would post less and read other posts more, you would get a lot less dosage of "caustic diatribe, pseudo intellectualism, pseudo science, and non substantiated assertions"
ok, moving swiftly on to something of relevance, you are a Catholic are you not Zapansy? shall we ask you therefore why you're Church contends that evolution and Christianity are compatible. (i left out scripture for we have ascertained that this cannot be substantiated)

Z

Moves
10 Feb 10

ok, moving swiftly on to something of relevance, you are a Catholic are you not Zapansy? shall we ask you therefore why you're Church contends that evolution and Christianity are compatible. (i left out scripture for we have ascertained that this cannot be substantiated)
i am orthodox and yes, christianity and evolution are compatible because they are not incompatible.

the same way that painting and quantum physics are compatible.

two theories that have nothing in common can be compatible. because they adress different areas of expertise.

rc

Moves
10 Feb 10

Originally posted by FabianFnas
I thought you took ID and creationism as science? Was I wrong in this? Then forgive me. ID and creationism has nothing to do science.

"my position is simply this, that through an examination of the natural world, we can try to deduce certain qualities of the one who made these things, or put these processes in place. Is that so difficult to understand ...[text shortened]... I don't know any Noobster. Who is he? Ah, you mean User 196163, okay. What did he say?
intelligent design, irreducible complexity and creationism (not all of it) etc are also based on an observation of the natural world. We have already determined that the method itself is scientific, however you contested the conclusions, that is fine.

The main difference i think is that creationists are looking for proof of God, to us, we do not need proof of God, for we have determined that he exists from an examination of scripture. What we are interested in is trying to determine qualities inherent in the natural world, for this is a reflection of the creator.

rc

Moves
10 Feb 10

i am orthodox and yes, christianity and evolution are compatible because they are not incompatible.

the same way that painting and quantum physics are compatible.

two theories that have nothing in common can be compatible. because they adress different areas of expertise.
ok i see, this is the position, very good, now if we may, simply to relieve your boredom, press you a little further, how is it thought that there is a correlation between the divine and evolution? for we have already determined that scripturally the two are mutually exclusive.

F

Moves
10 Feb 10

intelligent design, irreducible complexity and creationism (not all of it) etc are also based on an observation of the natural world. We have already determined that the method itself is scientific, however you contested the conclusions, that is fine.

The main difference i think is that creationists are looking for proof of God, to us, we do not ...[text shortened]... g to determine qualities inherent in the natural world, for this is a reflection of the creator.
Yes, science is based of observations from nature. But from that to say that every interpretation is the correct one is false. If someone who sees the yellowish lunar disk interprete this as that the moon is made of ahrd cheese is completely wrong. It's not simply sufficient to observe and interprete to call it science. That's the mistake you make to attribute observations of nature to something false and unscientific as ID. (We skip creationsm, that's not scientific at all, right?)

Okay, you call it intelligent design. I don't see the intelligence behind. Who has this intelligence? That's my question. Avoid this question and I will remind you as many times needed.

Who has this intelligence in your intelligent design?

Z

Moves
10 Feb 10

ok i see, this is the position, very good, now if we may, simply to relieve your boredom, press you a little further, how is it thought that there is a correlation between the divine and evolution? for we have already determined that scripturally the two are mutually exclusive.
oh, i should be used to this manner of debating.

" we have already determined that scripturally the two are mutually exclusive."
no we haven't sparky. pay attention. we have determined that christianity and evolution are not connected. mutually exclusive would entail something in one contradicting the other.

so we have two theories that we hold to be correct. nothing in one contradicts the other. by saying that the christian god set in motion evolution we are making a logical claim. a claim that connects one true thing with the other. sure it might be wrong. maybe evolution is a byproduct of god saying "let stuff exist". but still there is no fact that says one theory (evolution or christianity) has to be wrong for the other to be right.

rc

Moves
10 Feb 10

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Yes, science is based of observations from nature. But from that to say that every interpretation is the correct one is false. If someone who sees the yellowish lunar disk interprete this as that the moon is made of ahrd cheese is completely wrong. It's not simply sufficient to observe and interprete to call it science. That's the mistake you make to attr ...[text shortened]... l remind you as many times needed.

Who has this intelligence in your intelligent design?
intelligent design is based on the probability, please remember that Fabian, the probability that complex life forms could not have arisen by chance. They seem to be too organised, to complex, too fully functioning, so that without intelligence it would have been highly improbable that they should exist and function. This forms it basis. thus the intelligence behind these incredible biological systems is thought to be God.