1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Feb '21 09:38
    @sonship

Repetition is the slippery slope to superstition and numerology.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Feb '21 10:01
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    @sonship

Repetition is the slippery slope to superstition and numerology.
    The thread title and OP feels little off to me; as you say it’s call for repetition, almost like chanting and trance inducement.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Feb '21 10:012 edits
    I am writing to whoever has an ear to hear.

There is no encouragement to call on the Lord from these comments.
    They all invariably look on the negative side of calling.

Why these critics assume that believing in the Lord to calling is bad for you is too reactionary and not accounting Christ's delight that men draw near to Him.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Feb '21 10:032 edits
    People need a simple way to get started knowing the Lord Jesus.
    And people in obeying and following the Lord Jesus STILL need a simple way to enjoy the Lord.

Rajk999 always argues that surely calling means you want to be disobedient to Christ. But Jesus taught that who is greatest in the kingdom of the heavens is as a little child.

New King James Version
    and said, “Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.

New American Standard Bible
    and said, “Truly I say to you, unless you change and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven. "

Even the most obedient Christian still has to turn his heart and become as a little trusting child. Calling "O Lord Jesus" or calling "Abba Father, Abba, Abba Father" is effective in causing the presence of God to rise in your heart.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Feb '21 10:121 edit
    Even a Christian after many years does not graduate from this exhortation from Matthew 18:1-4.

In that hour the disciples came to Jesus saying, Who then is greatest in the kingdom of the heavens?

And He called a little child to Him and stood him in their midst and said. Truly I say to you, Unless you turn and become like little children, you shall by no means enter into the kingdom of the heavens.

He therefore who will humble himself like this little child, he is the greatest in the kingdom of the heavens. (RcV)

One way to remain humble before God is by calling "Abba Father, Abba Father". That is like calling out to Daddy or Papa. It is very good to call also "O Lord Jesus, Lord I come to You".

Even in temptation to disobey I encourage you to CALL on the Lord like a little child. This is something the obedient Christian hardly ever graduates from - the need to humble oneself as a little child.

To God we are always as a little one.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Feb '21 10:221 edit
    Do not be offended that I said "10 Times"
    You do not have to count. But you should call until you break through the old man and touch the Spirit.

So vain repetition is not intended but persistence and intentionality. You want to touch the living Lord Jesus. He is available to all who call upon Him.

Now notice how Daniel's prayer was persistent in calling "O Lord" many times.

"O Lord hear!
    O Lord forgive!
    O Lord, listen
    and take action!
    Do not delay, for Your own sake,
    O my God;
    for Your city and Your people are called by Your own name." (Daniel 9:19)

See how persistent this man of faith was? "O Lord! ... O Lord! ... O Lord ... O my God"

You call the Lord's name as many times as you need to break through the natural mind to the mind set on the Holy Spirit.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Feb '21 10:32
    @sonship said
    I am writing to whoever has an ear to hear.
    That’s what Jesus repeatedly said.

Are you comparing yourself and your words to Jesus again?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Feb '21 10:36
    @sonship said

You call the Lord's name as many times as you need to break through the natural mind to the mind set on the Holy Spirit.
    I’m sorry to keep on at you sonship, but once again you are in error.

The way to get the ear of the Lord is through a contrite and broken (broken self-will) spirit, and through humility. It is not through repetition. One call on the Lord from the right state of heart condition is sufficient.

I find it astonishing that a Christian of your years and reading is steeped in so much fundamental error and I can only put this down to the church leadership you put yourself under.

[Sincere post]
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Feb '21 10:37
    @sonship said
    Do not be offended that I said "10 Times"
    You do not have to count. But you should call until you break through the old man and touch the Spirit.

So vain repetition is not intended but persistence and intentionality. You want to touch the living Lord Jesus. He is available to all who call upon Him.

Now notice how Daniel's prayer was persistent in calling [b] ...[text shortened]... name as many times as you need to break through the natural mind to the mind set on the Holy Spirit.
    There is big difference between persistent seeking and repetition of words.
  10. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    28 Feb '21 10:45
    So this is normal, this is ok? Spamming great chunks of randomly selected scripture and larping as some sort of modern messiah is considered reasonable behaviour in this forum?
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Feb '21 10:46
    Keep skimming and not bothering to read my posts as you bragged.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Feb '21 10:51
    @avalanchethecat said
    So this is normal, this is ok? Spamming great chunks of randomly selected scripture and larping as some sort of modern messiah is considered reasonable behaviour in this forum?
    You come by here now and then with your few diddies of nothing.
    Is your selected wisecracks suppose to contribute to anyone's spiritual search?

Why don't you see if you can put two sentences together that have any spiritual value on this discussion forum?

I am writing for people who want to find God. I might be able to help.
    I don't need to be a messiah. I just need to share some experience and substantiate it with the word of God.

You seem to drop by when you're bored.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Feb '21 10:541 edit
    @avalanchethecat said
    No, it’s just sonship on his soap box in here because he’s not permitted to teach in his own church.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Feb '21 10:56
    @sonship said
    I am writing for people who want to find God. I might be able to help.
    Who?!

Name one or two posters in this tiny community of maybe a dozen posters who would look to your erroneous pontifications as a source of spiritual enlightenment?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Feb '21 10:57
    @sonship said
    Keep skimming and not bothering to read my posts as you bragged.
    Who else of this small group you who have just claimed you are trying to reach, do you NOT want to read your posts?

Or is it just me?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree