1. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Dec '20 14:04
    @dj2becker said
    "If you love me, you will keep my commandments." John 14:15

They are not the same.

Love is the condition. Obedience is the result.

Therefore we dare not reduce love to a decision to follow him or believe him or obey him.

It is deeper. Prior. Supernatural.

-John Piper
    John Piper? Dont know who that is neither do I care to know. I know what Jesus said and you are way off the mark
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Dec '20 14:071 edit
    @dj2becker said
    Your point is moot unless you want to make the claim that it’s possible to inherit eternal life if you’re not saved.
    Now you [your church and church doctrine], is claiming to know who is saved and who is not saved, and who will get eternal life and who will not?

Who knows these things? Only God and Jesus Christ who will in the last days judge all men. In Matt 25 Jesus was pretty detailed in describing who will be welcomed and who will be cast out, of the Kingdom of God. Ignore it, and listen to John Piper if you like.
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    05 Dec '20 14:031 edit

Removed by poster

4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    06 Dec '20 08:42
    @rajk999 said
    Now you [your church and church doctrine], is claiming to know who is saved and who is not saved, and who will get eternal life and who will not?

Who knows these things? Only God and Jesus Christ who will in the last days judge all men. In Matt 25 Jesus was pretty detailed in describing who will be welcomed and who will be cast out, of the Kingdom of God. Ignore it, and listen to John Piper if you like.
    You have to interpret Matt 25 in context with what is written in the rest of the Bible. You can’t solely base an entire doctrine on one chapter. That’s called cherry picking.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Dec '20 13:15
    @dj2becker said
    You have to interpret Matt 25 in context with what is written in the rest of the Bible. You can’t solely base an entire doctrine on one chapter. That’s called cherry picking.
    This is an example of your lack of substance in your post. If you were able you would have been more detailed and state clearly how Matt 25 should be interpreted. As it stands your rebuttal is useless.
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    08 Dec '20 04:36
    @rajk999 said
    This is an example of your lack of substance in your post. If you were able you would have been more detailed and state clearly how Matt 25 should be interpreted. As it stands your rebuttal is useless.
    ‘Matthew 25 should not be interpreted in isolation with the rest of the Bible’. Agree or disagree?
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Dec '20 10:21
    @dj2becker said
    ‘Matthew 25 should not be interpreted in isolation with the rest of the Bible’. Agree or disagree?
    Are one sentence rebuttals all you can muster? Explain the proper interpretation of Matt 25. I gave no explanation. I simply quoted verbatim what Jesus said. If there more that needs to be said about it then just do it.
  8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    09 Dec '20 04:33
    @rajk999 said
    Are one sentence rebuttals all you can muster? Explain the proper interpretation of Matt 25. I gave no explanation. I simply quoted verbatim what Jesus said. If there more that needs to be said about it then just do it.
    It was not a rebuttal, simply a question that you dodged. I assume you disagree. Which makes any discussion on the matter pointless.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Dec '20 10:27
    @dj2becker said
    It was not a rebuttal, simply a question that you dodged. I assume you disagree. Which makes any discussion on the matter pointless.
    In a discussion or debate you dont get to ask me questions. You get to state your case and prove your point using the bible. You are an epic failure.
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    09 Dec '20 10:42
    @rajk999 said
    In a discussion or debate you dont get to ask me questions. You get to state your case and prove your point using the bible. You are an epic failure.
    There’s no point in using the Bible with you if you only see red.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Dec '20 10:49
    @dj2becker said
    There’s no point in using the Bible with you if you only see red.
    SO clearly your doctrine is not of Christ by that statement. If you dont see red now you will when Jesus returns. No doctrine of Paul or John Piper will stand in that day.
  12. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    10 Dec '20 04:55
    @rajk999 said
    SO clearly your doctrine is not of Christ by that statement. If you dont see red now you will when Jesus returns. No doctrine of Paul or John Piper will stand in that day.
    Don’t be silly Paul does not contradict Christ.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Dec '20 22:40
    @dj2becker said
    Don’t be silly Paul does not contradict Christ.
    Of course he does, according to you. Paul said that Christians are saved by grace through faith and are given eternal life. They are not by works so that no one can boast. Nothing else is required. Christ said that those who get eternal life MUST do good works. So Paul does in fact contradict Christ.
  14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 Dec '20 04:20
    @rajk999 said
    Of course he does, according to you. Paul said that Christians are saved by grace through faith and are given eternal life. They are not by works so that no one can boast. Nothing else is required. Christ said that those who get eternal life MUST do good works. So Paul does in fact contradict Christ.
    Not according to me, according to you. I have always maintained that faith without works is dead, which is something Paul said. Try to keep up.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Dec '20 10:32
    @rajk999 said
    So Paul does in fact contradict Christ.
    Are you being sincere in your assertion here?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree